476 replies to this topic

#461 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

Didn't know where the appropriate place for this would be and I remember us talking about it somewhere. I was on CNN Arabic's website looking to see if I could find the new 'state of the art studio' that was unveiled at the Dubai operation - I found an article and a video, turns out its just a liveshot position.

http://arabic.cnn.co...kh-maktom-visit

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#462 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

Didn't know where the appropriate place for this would be and I remember us talking about it somewhere. I was on CNN Arabic's website looking to see if I could find the new 'state of the art studio' that was unveiled at the Dubai operation - I found an article and a video, turns out its just a liveshot position.

http://arabic.cnn.co...kh-maktom-visit

Great find. Not the great studio the press release made out.

I did think at first, the black walls had a similar effect to the new Abu Dhabi studio, I thought the LED's might have been turned off, but then I saw some plugs on the wall :)

It was cool how Becky turned the camera by the mobile device though.

Edited by Jordy, 19 April 2016 - 02:49 PM.

#463 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

Interesting setup for Connect The World - out of Atlanta today. They used the Atlanta skyline as a backdrop.

#464 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

CTW in Atlanta again today

#465 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:55 AM

Which is a shame as I think with Becky having lived through the story and being from England, she has a slight connection to the story.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#466 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:20 AM

It was covered by Don Riddell, the English sports anchor, and by Michael Holmes who covered the story when it happened 17 years ago, so I think there were enough English announcers with a more direct connection to it.  

#467 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Which is a shame as I think with Becky having lived through the story and being from England, she has a slight connection to the story.

Becky's background in not just the UK, but Europe is unmatched to some degree. That's the biggest loss when she moved to AD. Her coverage of royal stories and Vatican, too, and also football, I believe she is a football fan.

#468 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I'm sure she likes football as on the Sunday edition of CTW she has someone on to discuss the weekend's football.

#469 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, I'm sure she likes football as on the Sunday edition of CTW she has someone on to discuss the weekend's football.

Plus she's done various reports from the FA etc.

Alot of people seem to think she only knows about the Middle East, and they have all erased their memories from her extensive European reporting which continued until only a couple of years ago, probably because they only see Hala 'The Chosen One' Gorani now. :)

#470 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

Lynda Kinkade seems to present CTW more than Becky these days.

#471 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Becky's new Connect The World promo is amazing.

#472 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

It's a shame they don't use the terrace setup with the nice view sometimes. While the new studio is good, it's sort of lost it's feeling of being in the Middle East.

At least the old indoor studio also had those wavey panels reminiscent of sand dunes, as it was once put on here.

#473 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

This new music CTW has used since last year, it's a very clever arrangement.

It's basically the CTW motif over the Global Exchange theme. Even the last part of the theme tune is the end part of Global Exchange, but with the final three notes punched up that resembles the old CTW theme also. The brief must have been 'CTW meets Global Ex', it's amazing how well the themes fit together.

It's great because the old Global Ex theme was fantastic, and this new arrangement is the best of both worlds. Sounds contemporary and optimistic too.

#474 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

Becky in Abu Dhabi talking to Richard Quest in Dubai today.

#475 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

Connect The World on the road again this week... In Dubai for two days, and now Becky is in Jerusalem today.

This is by far the best show on CNN. (I know that comes from me, haha!).

Moving the show to Abu Dhabi really was the best thing for the show and Becky, they both shine in this format.

#476 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Another week of CTW coming from Atlanta :(

#477 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Connect the World was pre-empted today for coverage of the London Terror attack and Paris (presumed, possibly was going to be?) Terror attack. CNN Newsroom with Robyn Curnow and Hannah Vaughn-Jones instead.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users