133 replies to this topic

#21 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

I loved the show as well. Congratulations to all involved. I was afraid that it was going to be full impact with running around like IDesk or CTW, but it was a nice pace, full of hard news and a few lighter stories. I love how that control room looks. It is so much better than the projection screens. And did you see the person walking in the room behind Kristie? It makes it feel alive when moments like that happen. It doesn't seem so stale like when the other shows are locked away in the studios with nothing going on behind them.

News Stream is a great addition to CNNI's lineup.
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#22 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

How is this show any different from the others? How was the tech segment?

#23 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

How is this show any different from the others? How was the tech segment?

There wasn't a tech segment per say. I guess the closes thing was the chat with Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia founder. They also used some 3D models to help convey different aspects of a story.

Content wise, very much like The Brief. A strong news focus with chances to highlight some lighter news. Sport was short, only 1 story - and that's a good thing!

Really happy with the first show. I hope it continues with its news focus.

#24 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

I only got to see the first 15 minutes, but it seemed to me like it was going to be a standard Kristie WR with a much nicer set and titles.
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#25 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Thanks Leeroy.
So she does the whole 1 hour show standing? :surprised:

#26 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

I only get to see the first 20 minutes of the show, but it's enough for me to say... I love it. Well done. :Yes: :Yes: :Yes:
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#27 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Highlights of the first show, a similar compilation is also available on Morpium's YouTube channel if you prefer:

Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#28 stellarboy

stellarboy

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

The 5 second opening graphic at the start of the show is like a startup screen for a computer operating system.
Makes me like watching a computer booting up. It's very encouraging to me to see news being connected by technology.

Edited by stellarboy, 09 November 2010 - 05:43 AM.

Going Beyond Borders in Setting the News Agenda at The World's Newsroom.

#29 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:24 AM

I really like that control room when they have a close up of Kristie. That set really does look great on air.

#30 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

I love this new show! Excellent graphics and music, excellent presenter and actually excellent news coverage. It's a step in the right direction (but what use is that when for every step forward CNNI takes 2 back...)

#31 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

It was a really good first week for News Stream. I think the News Stream blog has nearly had as many posts in just 1 week that other shows have after almost a year!!

#32 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

I really enjoyed the first week of News Stream. It is a strong hour of news and current affairs. Its smart use of the 3d images and graphics help enhance the story and make it more understandable. I also love how the show has its own unique look.

#33 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

I switched off today's show after 25 minutes. The rundown: World Cup Commercial WikiLeaks Commercial NASA discovery followed by Jeanne Moos report. They did say they were going to cover the fires in Israel before the first break, but after I didn't see it by the time Jeanne Moos' report came on, I switched off. Perhaps the last 30 minutes will be better (I doubt it because the sport segment will probably focus on World Cup too). Worst show since launch today. Expected better.

#34 christo360

christo360

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

News Stream is the new IDesk!!!

#35 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:43 AM

I think Anna did both editions of Hong Kong's World Report last night. I wonder if it means we'll see Anjali do her first News Stream later today? Unless Anjali is on holidays (hence Anna doing Anjali's World Report). We might see NS from Atlanta as a possibility.

#36 pasawayako

pasawayako

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

It would be interesting to see Anjali doing NS!!! i'm not sure how it would feel if Atlanta try doing NS tonight

#37 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

I really enjoyed watching Anjali on News Stream. They had a couple of technical gaffes, but Anjali was such a natural on the show. I think they need to give Anjali a show like this where she can show of her ease in front of the camera.

#38 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

I loved watching Anjali host the show too. She is such a natural talent. I'd love to see Anjali have a Asia prime time show as well, or at least develop bland World Report into something new. FYI: As mentioned in Kristie's thread, she'll return on air on January 5.

#39 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

I have been quite surprised with News Stream in the sense that it is a true 60 minute news show that has its own style. I really hope it doesn't change over time. I don't mind if shows have different names etc, as long as they remain true to the news like News Stream.

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

The new larger touch screen has arrived in HK on Wednesday.

http://www.facebook....44132497&ref=mf
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users