28 replies to this topic

#1 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

CNN Press Release - Dr. Drew Pinsky, the renowned doctor who has helped audiences across a spectrum of tv and radio programs for more than two decades, will be joining HLN’s prime time programming block. Announced today by Scot Safon, executive vice president in charge of HLN, the new program will launch in Spring 2011 and will be an opportunity for audiences to hear Dr. Drew’s insights on a broad range of subjects every night.

Dr. Drew, a practicing physician who is also board certified in internal and addiction medicine, specializes in topics that are core concerns for viewers throughout the United States — creating healthy relationships, coping with addiction, and finding constructive ways to navigate common struggles facing parents and their children alike. The HLN program will give Dr. Drew a new, nightly platform to provide relevant observations and perspectives on the news stories and newsmakers HLN covers throughout the day.

“Dr. Drew informs and inspires audiences on subjects that matter most to them and their families, and he is an ideal fit for the HLN network,” said Safon. “Whether the topics are in the news or simply in the daily lives of our audience, Dr. Drew will shed light, provide crucial information and give viewers something to talk—and think–about.”

“I am thrilled to join HLN and I have no doubt that the natural fit I feel at the network will provide the opportunity to explore the stories behind the story and really explain the choices that people make,” said Pinsky.

http://cnnobservatio...prime-time.html

#2 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

They announced a new executive producer today.

To: HLN /CNN colleagues
Date: January 11, 2011
Subject: Executive Producer Announcement

Please join me in welcoming Burt Dubrow, who will be the Executive Producer of the new Dr. Drew show set to launch this spring on HLN.

For brevity's sake I'll refrain from detailing all of the credits in Burt's illustrious career, a fascinating path that led to EP roles with Discovery, MTV, GSN and ABC, just to name a few. Along the way, Burt became known as an innovator in the daily talk show genre, highly regarded for his ability to launch shows and develop talent. The likes of Jerry Springer and Sally Jessy Raphael enjoyed ground-breaking and sustained success under Burt's creative guidance.

In his new role with HLN, Burt's initial vision for the Dr. Drew show aligns with the network's brand promise and, very importantly, with Drew's own hopes for the show. He’s already started to meet key contacts at his new home base in the LA Bureau and will begin to take the lead in staffing the rest of the show team.

CNN Observations full note
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#3 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Dr. Drew has a bio on CNN.com now

http://www.cnn.com/C...ky.dr.drew.html

#4 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

He was unwell last week with an apparent nasty virus.

http://www.mediaite....in-west-indies/

#5 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

I was just messing around on CNN.com and thought I'd try to see if they had a website up for this show. They don't, but it looks like they've started to make the Wordpress blog for it: http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/

#6 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Facebook/DrDrewHLN
Twitter/DrDrewHLN

#7 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

#8 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

Not the best work from Stephen Arnold, IMHO.

#9 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

HLN received a positive diagnosis from viewers for its new Dr. Drew talk/news show.

The daily primetime series, hosted by Dr. Drew Pinsky, drew 401,000 viewers in its April 4 debut, an increase of 24% over the prior four week average during the 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. time period, according to HLN officials.

http://www.multichan...ers_For_HLN.php

#10 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

I came in here to say that it sounds too much like one of their syndicated local news themes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmfqrWxcNvE

WIth that said, I still haven't checked out this show, but on the surface, it is, in my opinion, another nail in the coffin to the heart of Headline News and more degradation to CNN's news brand.

Edited by Charles, 30 May 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#11 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

I came in here to say that it sounds too much like one of their syndicated local news themes:

WIth that said, I still haven't checked out this show, but on the surface, it is, in my opinion, another nail in the coffin to the heart of Headline News and more degradation to CNN's news brand.

Why so colorful all american local channel opening theme?

Very annoying...

#12 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:35 AM

Dr Drew profiled:

http://www.gq.com/en...ew-gq-july-2011

#13 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

I have a secret confession. I like watching Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Is his Headline News show anything like that, or is it more like celebrity interviews like Piers Morgan? It's a shame I couldn't find no montages of the show on youtube.

#14 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

I've never watched more than a few minutes at a time of it, but it's mostly him doing roundtables and interviews about celebrity and tabloid related issues. I can record an open or a montage and upload it to YouTube if you'd like.

#15 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

If you don't mind, that would be great.

#16 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:54 AM

Here you go, Frankie. I really couldn't stomach watching the entire show to make a nice montage, so instead, I captured the open, the first few minutes, and the close. I hope you don't mind:

#17 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

Thanks very much for going to that effort. It's interesting to see stuff from HLN as it seems to be very hard to find presentation stuff from the network online.

#18 Samson

Samson

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:44 AM

This isn't really much to do with his HLN show, but it might in a way as his workload could be getting too much. He's leaving the show that made him a household name, Celebrity Rehab. http://www.examiner....celebrity-rehab

#19 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

What exactly is this show? Is it crime oriented like Nancy Grace or Jane Velez's show? Celebrity stuff like Showbiz Tonight?

#20 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

I have only watched a few shows, but it is pretty much in line with Nancy and Jane. Crime, sex, celebrity.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users