603 replies to this topic

#1 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

CNN's daytime program from 9am-12pmET and 1pm-4pm ET, broadcast from the global headquarters in Atlanta

#2 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

Attached File  Exclusive.jpg   49.59KB   1808 downloads

Why is it when these two, whatevers, talk to the same General on the same day as CNNI anchor Hala Gorani it's an exclusive? What exactly was exclusive about it?

#3 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:02 AM

I've always thought that, those anchors sit on their chairs way higher than others. That's gotta hurt their backs while doing the computer???

#4 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

I think they put them up high to compete with the Faux network for leg. Certainly doesn't seem professional, but then it is US.
Attached File  Knee.jpg   55.94KB   2155 downloads

#5 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:11 AM

Wow - They are up pretty high. I would have thought that would be most uncomfortable. I know that I couldn't sit that high above the desk.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:32 AM

Or maybe because would have a huge space between their heads and the CNN logos behind and above them and that would not look good on the screen

#7 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Or maybe because would have a huge space between their heads and the CNN logos behind and above them and that would not look good on the screen

That is a good point... Infact, an excellent point. Looking at Houston's cap again, I can see exactly what you mean.

I think it would be easier on the anchor if they could raise the desk a little higher though.

#8 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,456 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Or maybe they just want us to see Betty's legs. :D I was always wondering why do the sith so high above the desk.
BTW I'm glad this topic is more alive, please post more pics.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#9 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

Or maybe they just want us to see Betty's legs. :D I was always wondering why do the sith so high above the desk.
BTW I'm glad this topic is more alive, please post more pics.

Yes, more pictures of NEWSROOM required!!!!

#10 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

More knees?
Attached File  NewsRoom 061407 A.jpg   44.45KB   1602 downloads
Attached File  NewsRoom 061407.jpg   56.61KB   1598 downloads
Attached File  NewsRoom 061407 B.jpg   42.25KB   1594 downloads

#11 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

Isn't that Femi Oke?

#12 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

Isn't that Femi Oke?

Yes. She was showing her story on canned hunts

Daily Paris story...
Attached File  NR 061607.jpg   51.32KB   1548 downloads

#13 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the pictures!!! :D

#14 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:43 PM

WHAT? Is it April 1st?
Attached File  Nooo.jpg   37.37KB   1460 downloads
A three minute video and a two minute conversation - McDonald's, poverty and riots - does not an "Eye On" make. Perhaps CNNI could share with you the real Eye On India programming...

#15 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

Omg, isn't that Betty? Why not just put you leg ON the newsdesk? That's so cheap from CNN

#16 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:01 AM

Omg, isn't that Betty? Why not just put you leg ON the newsdesk? That's so cheap from CNN

Yep. She always shows leg. The only ones who don't seem to are Kyra and the Kyra clone.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

Betty isn't tall. In fact, she is very short. She needs the higher chair for the desk. It ain't about showing leg.

#18 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

But the lightings are great, the newsroom is excellent and i just love the camera angles... :D

#19 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:41 PM

Betty Nguyen, is modest but is in fact is a CNN superstar who has nice legs. There is nothing wrong with news anchors, female in particular, showing their legs, because that is part of fashion and the latest styles in clothes and cosmetics which is an important part of broadcasting the news. And Betty is perfect for that.

Betty Nguyen makes CNN great. Mary Hart on the TV show Entertainment Tonight which began in 1982 made the news by showing her nice legs in a suitable and fitting manner on TV. FOX News does it today. All the news programs do it today, because it has always been considered appropriate for TV and society.

We really don't want to stop showing nice legs in The CNN Newsroom.

#20 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

I think it's unprofessional. CNN demeans itself and its female professionals by using Faux News' tawdry tactics to lure in viewers. But considering Faux's demographics and CNN's downhill slide to compete...well, enough said.
And the excuse she's "short" doesn't wash. Their are many "short" anchors. The shorter usually sits at waist height and the taller is lowered. You don't see the "short" anchors doing that at CNNI (wasn't Richard a good foot taller than Monita?), MSNBC (Ms. O'Donnell, do you have knees?) American braodcast channels (Katie, maybe it would help pull you up from No. 3) or even our local news (and I know some of them are "short"). Someone as petite as even Rudi Bakhtiar didn't do that as I recall. Sorry, I just can't consider any of this type of leg shower as a serious journalist.

Jim in the NewsRoom:
Attached File  NR 070507.jpg   48.4KB   3006 downloads

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users