606 replies to this topic

#561 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

Yeah, this was CNN's best studio and they ruined everything.

On a side note, is it possible to have the screen any busier than this? The on-air graphics, the screens, the colors. Oh boy.

0092_CNNHD8_6.jpg

#562 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

Not if we are in this day and age where, unlike 2009, 16:9 HD is the standard. Remember that CNN is now letter boxed for its SD feed.
previosuly kev

#563 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

An SNL skit proved so funny to Fredricka that they had to cut to break! She was laughing incredibly hard and couldn't get her words out. Very funny. I got low quality video but probably won't post

#564 Lance

Lance

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

The Communications Center is giving the old Atlanta studio a run for its money with how disorganized it is. The only thing missing is the wood.

#565 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

They've been experimenting yesterday afternoon when Miguel Marquez was in the anchor chair. During the show he would toss to Miles O'Brien and Sara Sidner who would then take over as hosts of segments, interviewing some analysts. Miles was discussing Ukraine and Sara the situation in Gaza. Not sure if I like it or not, but Miguel looked pretty lost.

#566 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

They've been experimenting yesterday afternoon when Miguel Marquez was in the anchor chair. During the show he would toss to Miles O'Brien and Sara Sidner who would then take over as hosts of segments, interviewing some analysts. Miles was discussing Ukraine and Sara the situation in Gaza. Not sure if I like it or not, but Miguel looked pretty lost.

That was the one.  Don't remember Marquez looking lost, but I don't remember him saying very much either. Thx.

#567 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

I was in a fast food restaurant and saw the Sara Sidner segment. I like the concept, gives the correspondents a bigger opportunity to do things, and breaks up the monotony of a mediocre studio.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#568 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

I was in a fast food restaurant and saw the Sara Sidner segment. I like the concept, gives the correspondents a bigger opportunity to do things, and breaks up the monotony of a mediocre studio.

But it gives the US anchor nothing to do.  

#569 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

If you use it for a couple of big stories, it's alright, but you'd still be utilizing the anchor. It just allows someone who has been researching a topic to host a really educated discussions.

A bit off topic, but I wouldn't mind a show like this, where it's all correspondents engulfing us in their story, with an anchor used merely for organization.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#570 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

I like the concept. It was, in fact, the concept of one of the shows I put in my mock schedules (The Correspondents). Marquez isn't that great as an anchor though. I know he previously anchored at Headline News but anchoring style has changed a lot since then.

Edited by AJJ, 28 July 2014 - 10:55 AM.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#571 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Newser, Saw it again and yes, Miguel Marquez does look lost.  

#572 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

Are the team missing Atlanta, already?

Carol-Costello-NYC-Newsroom.jpg

Today is Carol Costello and Brooke Baldwin‘s first day anchoring their respective hours of “CNN Newsroom” from New York — but the shows may not look that different. As an eagle-eyed CNN viewer points out, while Costello may be in NYC, the shot in the big monitor behind her today was of Studio 7 in Atlanta.

A CNN spokesperson tells us that this shot is part of the standard “Newsroom” graphics package, which has an update in the works. Baldwin’s first NYC edition of “Newsroom” (from 2-4pmET) will also have its usual graphics look today.

Edited by NZCNNFan, 05 August 2014 - 08:21 AM.

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#573 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Newsroom is getting a graphic update soon

A CNN spokesperson ... of the standard “Newsroom” graphics package, which has an update in the works. 

Found this on another article http://www.mediabist...picture_b234304

Edited by NZCNNFan, 05 August 2014 - 07:51 AM.

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#574 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

So they take CNNMoney set only to use the Atlanta background. They can do that in flash set as well. :sarcastic:

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#575 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

Long time CNN executive producer has left... She most recently EP'd Fredricka Whitfield's show, and before that, Around the World.

Edited by Allan, 10 October 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#576 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

CNN has an interesting take of Newsroom on air right now... Four women, and none of them are reporters or anchors. Interesting.

#577 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

CNN Newsroom got new graphics today.  Not bad . and  better (at least to me) than the old ones , though 2010-12 where my favorites. 

tar10.png   tar11.png

tar12.png tar13.png

Brooke Baldwin's newsroom also has the new look , but with her name under it. 

#578 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

oh my, I'm gonna be sick. those are hideous

#579 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

3Db60pZ.png

USICDMH.jpg

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#580 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

Interesting...it'll probably grow on me eventually
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users