68 replies to this topic

#1 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

CNN's sister network based in India, in collaboration with IBN.

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

CNN-IBN has live straming on the website. I usually watch for about 20 minutes every couple of days.

They really like to go overboard with their graphics!

#3 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:02 AM

Based on seeing the graphics during CNNI simulcast, i really dont like their graphics. The Live bug is almost invisible in my tv screen and others too too crowded.

#4 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:48 PM

Based on seeing the graphics during CNNI simulcast, i really dont like their graphics. The Live bug is almost invisible in my tv screen and others too too crowded.

Indeed. They are very, very distracting, crowded, and downright ugly. Posted Image
I simply cannot believe how huge they are!

#5 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

.:Source: The Hindu
.:Link: Click here for full article

Congratulations to the team at CNN-IBN - They've won best English television news channel and a couple of other awards at a recent Indian television awards ceremony.

CNN-IBN has bagged the award for best English television news channel while NDTV India was adjudged the best Hindi news channel by indiatelevision.com at the 'NT Awards 2000' here on Wednesday.

NDTV's Prannoy Roy was honoured for his life-time contribution to television news while CNN-IBN's Rajdeep Sardesai was selected as the "Newsmaker of the Year" at the gala awards function here.

Both NDTV and CNN-IBN shared several awards including the best news talk show, best news anchor, best news documentary and best current affairs programme.

#6 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

CNN-IBN recently overhauled their lower thirds. I think they are much more attractive than the previous look which was a lot more obtrusive (even though these ones are a bit loud as well).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also of note: I'm sure the main theme for CNN-IBN news programs is a variation of the old CNNI World Report theme. Quite nice.

#7 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

I would have to say, this guy has one of the coolest pair of shades ever;

Posted Image

#8 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

I did not really know about CNN-IBN until I found this forum. I just checked out the live stream. I watched for about 30 minutes and it wasn't bad. Very modern and engaging somewhat.

#9 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

I like watching the IBN stream to! But they now have those distracting boxes on screen. So bad.
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#10 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

I did see CNN-IBN stream live online a year or so ago. Do they still do that? I can't really find the link on their homepage.

#11 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

I think there's a stream on Livestation, and there's also one at the website below, but I quickly tried it just now and couldn't get it working. Perhaps it works later:

http://www.fomny.com/India-tv.php

#12 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

I did see CNN-IBN stream live online a year or so ago. Do they still do that? I can't really find the link on their homepage.

They still stream on their website. The link is here. The bandwith is reduced greatly from what it used to be. Livestation, as Charles suggested, probably have a stream. Chances are it is better quality as well.

#13 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

They still stream on their website. The link is here. The bandwith is reduced greatly from what it used to be. Livestation, as Charles suggested, probably have a stream. Chances are it is better quality as well.

I looked into it a little more, and CNN-IBN initiated a temporary partnership with Livestation (in the same way AJE and F24 have partnerships with them), but this was only during the Mumbai attacks in November. It seemed to stay on there well into December, but it looks like they terminated the partnership sometime between now and then.

I would try that other link I posted-- I haven't tried it since I don't have much interest in watching CNN-IBN, but I've had good luck with the streams on that website.

#14 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

I don't know if any of the Indian news channels can even be considered as real 'news' channels: of their total content, i have to say 60% is entertainment news (bollywood, soap operas, movie stars and honestly, they repeat the whole tv series of ALL networks throughout the day); 25% is cricket news; 5% is 'political' (as in which political leader got bribe, or what another guy was wearing); and the remaining 10% is 10 minutes-long adverisements. ;-)

#15 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

25% is cricket news

And that's a bad thing? :-P Yes, I agree with what you say about CNN-IBN though.

#16 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

ok so i watched a bit of this station and one thing surprises me. They talk in english. how come they don't talk in indian speak? Does this station go worldwide like cnn international? I'm a bit confused here. is it a worldwide channel or just India. because they do speak english all the time.
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory

#17 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

hehe good question but don't forget that english is the second official language of India ;)

edit: actually the situation is more complicated than I thought. take a look: http://en.wikipedia....guages_of_India

#18 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

thanks Alexander. yes it is very confusing. did u know the graphics they use are very different to cnni. I like the ones CNNI uses better over the CNN IBN ones.

#19 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

It's available in most of South- South East, and West Asia i think. I remember seeing it about a month ago from Bangkok.

#20 anooprk07

anooprk07

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

I Have To agree with all the comments on CNN IBN . They have very flashy graphics and I Guess the channel's gonna tone the grx down eventually. They'll have to !!

But They have the best set of Anchors and Reporters. :-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users