729 replies to this topic

#1 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

The world's most respected news organization. In here, talk about all the BBC channels.

#2 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

BBC's Singapore based financial reporter and producer Sharanjit Leyl. Absolutely stunning :P :P :P both the girl and the pic that is.

Posted Image

#3 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

I think they need to change their newscasting a bit, it's not as modern. Maybe instead of news every hour called BBC News have something like CNN with CNN Today and Your World Today.

#4 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

BBC News 24 is now streaming live on their website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't know if it is supposed to be limited to residents in the UK, but I have no problems watching it.

#5 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

So BBC has major centers in London, Singapore and NY?

#6 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

This from Tvnewser:

Monday, Jun 11
Rome Hartman Joins BBC
The former executive producer of the CBS Evening News With Katie Couric, Rome Hartman, "is joining the BBC to launch a new broadcast aimed at American viewers," Howard Kurtz reports.

The 7pm broadcast "will be offered on BBC's global channel and on BBC America." Katty Kay may anchor. More...

> Update: 10:43am: "The U.S.-anchored program represents a major initiative by BBC AMERICA, now in over 55 million homes, to showcase the best of BBC journalism for American audiences and it will be a cornerstone of the weekday evening schedule," the press release says. "In addition to overseeing the nightly newscast, Hartman will advise on and coordinate production of other U.S.-based and U.S.-facing newscasts for BBC AMERICA and BBC World News." Click continued to read the rest...

ROME HARTMAN APPOINTED TO CREATE SIGNATURE NIGHTLY NEWSCAST FOR THE BBC

The BBC has appointed former CBS News producer, Rome Hartman, to develop and serve as executive producer of a new BBC World News one-hour nightly newscast aimed at U.S. audiences, which will be available exclusively on BBC AMERICA and the 24-hour global BBC World News channel.

The U.S.-anchored program represents a major initiative by BBC AMERICA, now in over 55 million homes, to showcase the best of BBC journalism for American audiences and it will be a cornerstone of the weekday evening schedule.

In addition to overseeing the nightly newscast, Hartman will advise on and coordinate production of other U.S.-based and U.S.-facing newscasts for BBC AMERICA and BBC World News.

Multiple Emmy® Award winner, Hartman, was most recently executive producer of The CBS Evening News and a producer of 60 Minutes. He will base the new BBC World News broadcast out of the BBC’s news bureau in Washington, D.C., uniting the BBC’s world-renowned global reports with U.S. based presentation, analysis and comment. This signature newscast is scheduled to begin airing this fall.

Garth Ancier, President, BBC Worldwide America, says, “This is the perfect match. With more than 2,000 journalists and 250 correspondents, BBC News has the world’s foremost newsgathering operation and an unrivalled reputation for impartial, accurate and in-depth reporting. Rome is one of America’s most respected news producers. He will bring vast experience and passion to the BBC and its audience in America.”

Sian Kevill, Editorial Director, BBC World, says, “BBC World News currently attracts around 76 million viewers a week from around the world. This program will be a fantastic addition to the channel’s news schedules enabling us to tailor our programming for key regions and bringing us closer to our audiences.”

Rome Hartman adds: “It’s a true honor to join what is undoubtedly one of the best, most ambitious broadcast news organizations in the world. More and more Americans are seeking smart and sophisticated coverage of the world; coverage the BBC is uniquely capable of providing. Finding new ways to bring the fine work of BBC journalists around the globe to a growing American audience is an incredibly exciting challenge.”

He will report to Richard Porter, Head of News, BBC World and work closely with Sian Kevill, Editorial Director, BBC World, Garth Ancier, President BBC Worldwide America and Michele Grant, Senior Vice President, BBC News and Sport (US).

#7 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

.:Source: News.com.au
.:Link: Click here for full article

The BBC has had some bad press the last week or so... Here's the latest.

In its worst crisis since the Hutton report three years ago, the BBC has admitted deceiving viewers over phone-in contests, some involving charity specials like Comic Relief and Children in Need.

The scandals came to light only after an internal investigation triggered by the row over the Queen's photo-shoot in which the BBC claimed, falsely, that she had "stormed out."

They followed on from the Blue Peter case in which the Corporation was fined 50,000 pounds by media regulator Ofcom earlier in July after faking the results of a competition.

Nearly 40,000 children phoned Blue Peter last November in the hope of winning a toy but a technical fault meant no winning entrant could be chosen.

#8 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

I think they need to change their newscasting a bit, it's not as modern. Maybe instead of news every hour called BBC News have something like CNN with CNN Today and Your World Today.

they have...
World News Today
USA Edition (1900 PHIL)
UK Edition (0200 PHIL)
South Asia (or Pacific?) Edition (2400 PHIL)
The World Today

#9 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:21 AM

The music which goes with the breakfillers, it's just a good medly of sounds!

#10 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:54 AM

i really wonder where can i get that Breakfiller music...
i spotted once a rare Music only breakfiller, i think there had been a technical problem on the sounds of the "Dynamic Junctions"

luckily, i got the last 1min on my cellphone...
unfortunately it's not really that clear... obviously.

#11 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

So BBC has major centers in London, Singapore and NY?

i think it's just a Satellite Centre, they only use that for Asia-Pacific broadcasts and WBR on The World Today...

#12 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

i really wonder where can i get that Breakfiller music...
i spotted once a rare Music only breakfiller, i think there had been a technical problem on the sounds of the "Dynamic Junctions"

luckily, i got the last 1min on my cellphone...
unfortunately it's not really that clear... obviously.

If you find one which is long, let me know :P

#13 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

I guess you are talking about:
http://www.davidlowe...id=&lowlimit=12

#14 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

http://www.davidlowe... ... owlimit=12

is he talking about the new ones?
because i think those are the "Around the World" 1997 breakfiller music...

#15 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

http://www.davidlowe... ... owlimit=12

is he talking about the new ones?
because i think those are the "Around the World" 1997 breakfiller music...

Those are the retro ones :P I mean the newer ones :)

#16 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

.:Source: MediaGuardian.co.uk
.:Link: Click here for full article

Frei to host BBC US news show
by: Ben Dowell

The BBC's Washington correspondent, Matt Frei, is to anchor BBC World News America, the bulletin with which the corporation hopes to crack the US TV news market.

The BBC World News America bulletin will launch on October 1 on the corporation's US general entertainment cable and satellite channel, BBC America.

Frei will anchor the daily bulletin, airing in the US at 7pm Eastern Standard Time (midnight in London) and globally on news channel BBC World, from the corporation's Washington DC bureau.

It will provide what the BBC describes as "in-depth reports on the major international and US news of the day".

The BBC has ambitions to become the "number one provider of international news in the US" with World News America, according to Michele Grant, the executive vice-president, news and sport for BBC Worldwide America.

"We have some serious competitors such as CNN. But at time when some of our competitors are retrenching there is a major opportunity for the BBC," Ms Grant told MediaGuardian.co.uk.

#17 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:16 AM

oh yes they are very, very serious :lol:

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

oh yes they are very, very serious :lol:

the last network which said to be serious with their launch in the US is Al-jazeera :lol:

#19 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

you mean this taliban network :lol:

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

yes, total halaballocks :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users