Not as good.

#22 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

I noticed World News Today at 12PM ET, instead of the 7AM hour, also with a different guy.

#23 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

New BBC World Breakfiller!

Not as good.

I agree - it doesn't have enough information on. it used to have weather, news, time and video all on at the same time - now it can only manage one at once. It looks much more modern :D , but the content is very poor. :(

#24 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

I agree - it doesn't have enough information on. it used to have weather, news, time and video all on at the same time - now it can only manage one at once. It looks much more modern :D , but the content is very poor. :(

I have to agree as well. It looks very modern and fits in with the recent refresh of the graphics; however, it's a shame that most of the information has been removed.

#25 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

I have to agree as well. It looks very modern and fits in with the recent refresh of the graphics; however, it's a shame that most of the information has been removed.

The information was one of the defining points of the breakfiller, it is too bad they got rid of it!

#26 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

looks to me that BBC World is TOO PROUD that they had reached the American soil...
and another competition to that F*** News...

i think 3 is enough but 5... this is f**king crazy!

Posted Image

they had the... (all in UK studio)
US Morning Edition, hosted by George Alagiah (0700 USEDT, 1100 GMT, 1900 HK/PH)
South Asia Edition, hosted by Nik Gowing (1200 USEDT, 1600 GMT, 2400 HK/PH)
UK Edition, hosted by Zeinab Badawi (1400 USEDT, 1800 GMT, 0200 HK/PH)

and now...
US Evening Edition, hosted by Philippa Thomas in USA studio, starting...
2200 USEDT (Oct 01) - 0200 GMT (Oct 02) - 1000 HK/PH (Oct 02)

also this...
Posted Image
BBC World News AMERICA, hosted by Matt Frei in USA studio...
1900 USEDT (Oct 01) - 2300 GMT (Oct 01) - 0700 HK/PH (Oct 02)

USEDT - United States-Eastern Daylight Savings Time (GMT-11)
GMT - duh...
HK/PH - GMT+8

#27 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

although I think that BBC got a little crazy because of the "World News ..." brand.
but i really think that BBC World News AMERICA is very got when it comes to presentation...

take a look at this:
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=fFFgGTqEbEM

#28 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

Prepare for BBC World to go downhill a lot: the BBC is getting rid of loads of its employees, including around 500 news staff. That's a heck of a lot of people to go.

Also, I saw the other day that BBC World loses $30 million a year - things really don't loook good for BBC News (not that they ever did really - BBC World's OK, but their UK channel, News 24, is difficult to watch it's so bad. And that's just the graphics. As for the anchors... :cry: :cry: :cry: )

What a relief when I discovered CNNI! :D

#29 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:34 AM

I enjoy BBC World, just for the breakfillers ;)

#30 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

Why would they need 3 versions of World News Today??? Isn't this show supposed to be the morning show for US viewers??

#31 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

Because when BBC World at last managed to think of a program name other than 'World News', they thought they had better make the most of it, because it will be 10 years before they think of another new show name (and I predict it will be called 'BBC News today', they're so inventive...NOT!) :lol:

#32 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

Why would they need 3 versions of World News Today??? Isn't this show supposed to be the morning show for US viewers??

they have a new promo for WNT...
and now it goes something like this:

Nik Gowing - South Asian Edition - 21:30 IND
Zeinab Badawi - European Edition (Mostly UK) - 20:00 CET / 19:00 GMT
George Alagiah - Asia-Pacific Edition (although it is shown on BBC America) - 20:00 HK/PHIL / 19:00 US-EST
Philippa Thomas - US Evening Edition - 22:00 US-EST

#33 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

take a look at this!
what a nice photograph...

Posted Image

#34 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:34 PM

BBC World seems to be getting way too... 'old'... anyone else notice?

#35 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

yup... take a look at David Jessel.
without his glasses, he looks very old.

#36 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

And old in more way than one. OK, they modified their graphics slightly a few months ago, but they have basically had the same 'bleeps and beats' music for years. I wish they could try being more inventive sometimes. :D They're no match at all for CNN.

#37 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:01 AM

BBC World is getting old for your info.

I feel like I have to Stand up for BBC WORLD on this board. People here always ripps the channel apart. I will not accept that, I will defend the channel I love. :D
You don;t watch BBC WORLD normally so don't see some one and say it is the channel overall look. Your "fav CNN" wasn't showing anything good, Interesting, informative, educational, real life, normal and not celebrity and high society? Normally :lol:. Please stick to CNN were they are all young and hip. Where they look down and say "u can only dream to be where I am. I know you will never be like me". I don't subscribe to that and I am very handsome and high society in my own way. More importantly I don't Idolized anyone of CNN anchors.

Stop the discrimination. I don't see him as old. I see him as a guy who can be trusted and is normal for his age. He is a relieve anchor so whats up with the hate. David has been with the channel for a long time and those are people you don't sideline for the new it girl and guy or the new "sports anchor" "turn serious news personality". :shock: Yep. I am show David will soon retire. while he is there let him do his job. Do u want someone to tell you to leave your job when u are in your mid to late 60s. I know in the news business you want new but don't compromise crediblity, trust and influence with that. He has that. He was just filling in for Mike Embley his normal time slot.

And old in more way than one. OK, they modified their graphics slightly a few months ago, but they have basically had the same 'bleeps and beats' music for years. I wish they could try being more inventive sometimes. :D They're no match at all for CNN.

They change their graphics with the entire BBC News department. They keeped the 'bleeps and beats' for distinction and that has been a signature turn in line with the World Service Beeps that the BBC is well know for. The remixed it but keep it inturn with the original sound more so than CNN did. When It comes to "match" BBC WORLD has over taken CNN as the most watched news channel, the most trusted, credible, quoted, non baised news network in the world. Every week 76 million turn in to BBC WORLD more than CNN. CNN can only dream about that after all the hype and self congratulatory promos.
When France24, AJE, Ru TODAY, all started they stated theywant to follow in the BBC footsteps. They never said CNN. Why? because CNN has way too much bagauge and they have lost touch with the "Internationlist" (courtesy BBC WORLD) a global citizen. In south Asia all the tourist switch of CNN even in Isreal America most friendly nation have cut CNN signal off. I must say this the only place CNN has the lead is with business men not with people who work in Diplomacy, Academia, tourist, and everday folks. With just over 11 yrs BBC WORLD has quietly caught up to them. CNNI has been around for 20 yrs. Maybe if BBC WORLD ran self congratulatory promos and boast about it accomplishments then people will know.

Want more? Here are the facts to what I said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bbc_world

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tionalist.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ober/eols.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tober/pax.shtml

#38 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

No they are not getting old. I made a mistake.

#39 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:32 AM

what the hell are you posting cldsleyon?
you add something from my message from this:

to THIS!

I feel like I have to Stand up for BBC WORLD on this board. People here always ripps the channel apart. I will not accept that, I will defend the channel I love. :D
You don;t watch BBC WORLD normally so don't see some one and say it is the channel overall look. Your "fav CNN" wasn't showing anything good, Interesting, informative, educational, real life, normal and not celebrity and high society? Normally :lol:. Please stick to CNN were they are all young and hip. Where they look down and say "u can only dream to be where I am. I know you will never be like me". I don't subscribe to that and I am very handsome and high society in my own way. More importantly I don't Idolized anyone of CNN anchors.

i just think that he is good looking when they are wearing glasses...
like David Eades once...

but i still think that they are one of the best.

------------

for me... CNN is good, but too Americanized.
they always add something like Britney Spears blah blah... The View blah blah...

and that is the reason why i go to BBC News and Al Jazeera....

#40 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:42 AM

what the hell are you posting cldsleyon?
you add something from my message from this:

to THIS!

i just think that he is good looking when they are wearing glasses...
like David Eades once...

but i still think that they are one of the best.

------------

for me... CNN is good, but too Americanized.
they always add something like Britney Spears blah blah... The View blah blah...

and that is the reason why i go to BBC News and Al Jazeera....

Why didn't u clearify your statement initially. It wasn't clear, sorry if you was offended, I had to speak up for BBC WORLD and my mind. Thanks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users