Elizabeth Taylor

4 replies to this topic

#1 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Well, even with the world in an uproar, this news of the passing of a legend got thro. I'm a huge Elizabeth Taylor fan and sympathy to her family.

They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

#2 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm a huge fan too and I'm this news really made an impact on me.:(

I watched two of my favorite films of her last month (Butterfield 8 & Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) and both times I had this feeling that this sad news is coming soon.

She's been in hospital for 2 months or so, her heart just couldn't take no more after all the health issues she survived.

RIP
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#3 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

RIP Liz Taylor. She was one of my grandma's favorite actresses. She will be missed.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#4 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

RIP to Elizabeth Taylor. From my Grandad, mom, to me, I grew up in a family that admired her work, so when my family was together we had lots of home movie sessions around TV to watch some of her movies. Good times. :)
Posted Image

#5 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

RIP Dame Elizabeth Tyalor
I've watched only two of her films, "Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." Her acting genius is truly immeasurable and timeless.

And may I just say I was so happy that CNN gave some of its precious on-air timing to break the news (unlike BBC World, AJE) amidts other important breaking events in Israel, Libya, Japan, Syria, and Yemen.

Edited by Junk Junk., 26 March 2011 - 09:43 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users