10 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

Anybody else have goosebumps watching this?

#2 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

I first saw this on Hala's twitter: Source tells CNN Obama address is national security related.

And that's when I actually turned the television on and saw John King announce that Bin Laden was dead. Very interested in how it happened which may determine if there will be repercussions.

Edited by cnn-domestic, 02 May 2011 - 03:04 AM.

#3 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

It's one of those moments someone will ask you "Where were you when it happened?". I got a text message on my cell phone from AP announcing Obama will address the nation, "subject unknown". I immediately started looking around Twitter and first credible info I saw was from a Donald Rumsfeld aide whose tweet got thousands of RTs and it was posted around 15 mins before the networks confirmed it.

I can only say that it's too bad he wasn't caught alive and put to trial, although I'm not complaining much that it all ended this way either.

#4 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

I don't know Newser, dead was probably a far safer means. Can you imagine the security nightmare if this guy was put on trial? Now that would be a scary thought-

#5 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

It's one of those moments someone will ask you "Where were you when it happened?". I got a text message on my cell phone from AP announcing Obama will address the nation, "subject unknown". I immediately started looking around Twitter and first credible info I saw was from a Donald Rumsfeld aide whose tweet got thousands of RTs and it was posted around 15 mins before the networks confirmed it.

I can only say that it's too bad he wasn't caught alive and put to trial, although I'm not complaining much that it all ended this way either.

Same thing happened to me, only I got a text from Reuters and I looked at my Twitter list of White House Correspondents. This is just surreal....

EDIT: Wait, no, I got the same tweet from the same Rummy staffer, only I found it via a retweet from CNN's Jim Spellman.

Edited by Charles, 02 May 2011 - 03:14 AM.

#6 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

Wow. Just wow.

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

I was watching AMC and just flipped over to catch the local weather - and it was the national ABC news. What a shocker!
But good job and about time. Now we can get the heck out of Pakistan.

#8 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

I found out a half hour after the news broke when I went to check Twitter. I say about :censored: time.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#9 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

Justice done. Die in rotten hell bin Laden.

#10 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

I thought I was dreaming when I turned on the tv this morning. Did not ever expect to see news like this.

#11 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

Check out this video: It's a mashup of the speculation on Fox News and CNN before Obama's announcement Sunday night. CNN did pretty well and proved its journalistic value - but that guy on FOX totally screwed it up LOL

http://www.mediabist...hts-news_b64545

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users