Photo

Andrea Sanke

74 replies to this topic

#41 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

Andrea looks more beautiful since she left CNN, France 24 cameras do her justice.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#42 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Remember that photo on her CNN bio page? :shock:

#43 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

click once to enlarge and once more to enlarge further

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#44 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

Yes I talk about charm often on this forum but it wasn't those proven charmers Kristie Lu or Anjali where my charm postings started it was actually born in the threads of Andrea Sanke

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i6.photobucke...andreawto26.jpg
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#45 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

France 24 has had a make-over but there is no sign of the channel's greatest asset, what's up with Andrea?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#46 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

Since F24 underwent a slight scheduling revamp to make themselves feel more like a real channel, Andrea is supposed to do a little more anchoring, right? I still have only caught her in interviews.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

Very mysterious the whereabouts of Andrea Sanke, off again today that may be the 4th monday running.

Of course I could totally envisage Andrea working for AJE in future, as much as I could not envisage Andrea working for Fox News.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#48 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

Probably nothing to read into Andrea's prolonged absence (must be 5 weeks now) coz in France they do tend to enjoy mammoth summer holidays and that probably extends to news anchors employed there.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#49 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:14 AM

Probably nothing to read into Andrea's prolonged absence (must be 5 weeks now) coz in France they do tend to enjoy mammoth summer holidays and that probably extends to news anchors employed there.

Is she still around? I don't watch F24 as much as CNN, but I only catch her very seldomly. The last time I saw her was probably in June. So is she still with F24? There's the possibility she's going back to CNN for a market watching... :-)

#50 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

.. or as the new Abu Dhabi anchor. I would so love that to happen. :D
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#51 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

Quite revealing when I just saw a France 24 interview promo, they showed 3 or 4 interviewers and Andrea wasn't one of them, where does someone with Andrea's background and experience go next, AJE is the most logical destination, back to CNN less so, back to the US and Fox News imo Not A Cat In Hells Chance
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#52 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

Spitty, have you tried contacting anyone at the network to see if she's left?

#53 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

No I haven't thought about doing that as I'm not desperate to know but I am curious to know or very interested to know, if some of their personnel were as TWITTERACTIVE as some CNNers I would ask that way.

The BBC do employ a few non Brits and I see no reason why they shouldn't employ someone like Andrea.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#54 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

Some people may be surprised to learn that back in the old days of CNNfan.org, I wasn't a fan of Andrea initially. It wasn't long before she won me over. Not everyone can do that, as once my mind is made up about someone, it usually doesn't change.

I hope Andrea hasn't left France24 because I can now watch via Livestation. How sweet it would be to click the stream and see Andrea! But judging from the chat recently that indicates she has been MIA for a couple of months, things don't look promising.

I would instantly welcome Andrea back to CNN International. However, I feel that with some of the recent changes, she would be wasted goods. Still, a CNNI show with Andrea is better than a show with no Andrea at all.

#55 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

Yeah I remember a posting you made Morpy about Andrea lol

Andrea was certainly not the finished article during her CNN days but she had a lot of charm and a great sense of humour but now she is light years away from that now interviewing Presidents and Prime Ministers often and in conducting 50 minute debates thats why I feel she will turnup with another great job. Andrea is about the same age as KLS so her best years are still ahead of her.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#56 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

Funny this thread should pop up again. I wrote an e-mail to the channel last night asking if she was still with them. They haven't responded, and I'll let you know if they do. That's a very interesting observation Spitty made about that promo which didn't feature her. Maybe if she's heading back to CNN, she might get a more respectful job than just market watching...

#57 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

Delighted to see a clip for the first time of Andrea on DWT

http://www.archive.o... ... nkeDWTV706

Ghida Fakhry has also been missing for a lengthy period. This may be utterly ridiculous and fanciful but.............................................. Ghida Fakhry to CNN Abu Dhabi and Andrea Sanke to Washington DC to replace Ghida.

One chance in a thousand perhaps :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

Spitty, many thanks for sharing that. I think she would come back to CNN if they offered her a better job than what she had last time. Perhaps if they gave her a show about European affairs (and no, CNN, Europe does not just mean London).

As for Ghida, well, I'm pretty sure she's still on AJE. It's hard to imagine her leaving especially considering she appeared in that special about Al Jazeera itself, and she's been with the network long before there was an English channel.

#59 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

I really don't think Andrea would relocate from Paris to live in Abu Dhabi, would take a heck of an offer to do that even for somene with OUTSTANDING Globe Trotting credentials like Andrea already has.

Got to turn up somewhere but where????????????????

Longshot

Andrea speaks Italian, worked in Italy and I even read had an Italian boyfriend so CNN's new Rome correspondent.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#60 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

I doubt she'll move to Abu Dhabi. She doesn't have a background in the Middle East and I'm pretty sure the lead anchor there will be Stan Grant. Still, she could come back to CNN as a Rome corres. or perhaps a greater London anchor, but I'm not holding my breath.

Do you think she maybe went to France24's sister channels, France2 and France3? I don't watch those channels, so I wouldn't know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users