95 replies to this topic

#21 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

^^Not true about the Casey Anthony trial. Casey never took the stand herself during the trial and CNN pretty much restrained itself from any wall-to-wall/gavel-to-gavel coverage until the last few days of the trial and the jury's decision.

#22 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

I couldn't really tell by the schedule on HLNTV.com, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if HLN does its own New Year's Eve show / countdown, or is it business as usual?

#23 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

I didn't watch, but I don't believe HLN had a live special. I think they were just in tape as usual.

#24 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

Thanks! I thought HLN might have just simulcast CNN's NYE Live if they were going to have a show. Otherwise the only other person I could see doing a HLN NYE countdown would be Robin Meade. From what I've seen of her, she seems like she would be a fun host. Perhaps CNN can ditch Griffin next year and team Cooper and Meade up for CNN / HLN simulcast.

#25 Xabat

Xabat

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

From what I can make out from their schedule on HLNTV.com, HLN only has live news on weekends between 7am - midday and 1pm - 3pm on Saturday and Sunday? It seems it has documentaries from 3pm onwards both days of the weekend. It seems like a total waste of a channel.

#26 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

MSNBC must have been giving them bad ideas

#27 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

^^And many of those "live" hours of "news" are actually recorded.

#28 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Urgh, how depressing. As Xabat said, it sounds like a total waste of a channel. Who knows, perhaps Katherine Green will shake things up this year. She certainly made an impact on CNNI's schedule.

#29 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

HLN, as you'd expect, covering the funeral of Whitney Houston.

HLN Coverage: Farewell to Whitney Houston

Beginning at 9 a.m. (ET) on Saturday, February, 18, HLN Anchors Ryan Smith and Susan Hendricks will host special, early coverage of the funeral of Grammy-winning singer and actress Whitney Houston. Hosts Jane Velez-Mitchell and AJ Hammer, will report live from New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey as the funeral begins. HLNtv.com will have a gallery of mourning from around the world, the social media response online and coverage of the entire funeral.

#30 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Richelle Carey is hosting from 3pm on HLN. She says it's not a permanent move.

#31 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

From what I can make of from their facebook page, HLN News Now is the rolling 5 hour news show every weekday. Do the 3 people pictured anchor every afternoon or do they alternate on a regular schedule?

https://www.facebook.com/HLNNewsNow
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#32 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

I didn't want to start a new thread for something that seems irregular so far, but did anyone catch the documentary produced by Kim Kardashian that played tonight (Tues. 5/5)? I find her reality show annoying, but I was pleasantly surprised when I read that she did produced a documentary regarding mental health. Kudos to her.

http://www.adweek.co...g-to-hln/261178

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#33 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

Was it any good?
And the special Dr Drew that followed?

#34 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

I really enjoyed both hours on HLN. Dr Drew was in his new studio with an audience.

The documentary and show were informative and well put together. CNN figured out how to do an hour of a taped show and then a news hour, and it's on HLN

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#35 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

Unfortunately, it ended up tanking in the ratings. They should've played promos on CNN instead.
http://tvbythenumber...-5-2015/400045/

Edited by AJJ, 06 May 2015 - 10:46 PM.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#36 hlnfan1234

hlnfan1234

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:20 AM

I saw in CNN Commentary that Keywords is airing instead of The Daily Share. What do you think of this?

#37 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

I saw in CNN Commentary that Keywords is airing instead of The Daily Share. What do you think of this?

Ah it is what it is. The 4pm hour has been doing poorly in the ratings in any case.

That being said, I think The Daily Share could do better airing later because the early forensic Files ratings aren't that great either.

#38 hlnfan1234

hlnfan1234

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

Ah it is what it is. The 4pm hour has been doing poorly in the ratings in any case.

That being said, I think The Daily Share could do better airing later because the early forensic Files ratings aren't that great either.

That's true. Maybe they could compensate the loss of the 4pm hour by adding a new hour at 6pm.

#39 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

They made a change this week    instead of repeats of Dr.Drew and Nancy Grace at  1, 4pmet respectively  it's Dr.Drew  at 4pmet   and now they seem to repeat CNN shows like on On the Hunt , Somebody's gotta do it , etc  at 1 and 2pmet , Daily Share still at 12 and 3 et.   

#40 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

Was going through the ratings for this past Friday and it shows a "CNN Special Report" aired at 1pm. Was it an original or a live show?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users