95 replies to this topic

#41 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

Was going through the ratings for this past Friday and it shows a "CNN Special Report" aired at 1pm. Was it an original or a live show?

It was a repeat of the  CNN specials   , they repeats of CNN originals now  between 1-3pmet  

#42 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

Was going through the ratings for this past Friday and it shows a "CNN Special Report" aired at 1pm. Was it an original or a live show?

Where did you get the ratings for that time slot? The sites I go to for ratings only show the ones between 4pm and 12am, as well as the morning shows.

As to your question, I only watch MXP on occasion and rarely linger on the network after that.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#43 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

They have changed their weekdays again , now it's Daily Share two hours  combined from 12-2pmet , then  Dr.Drew repeat at 2pmet , CNN repeats at 3 and 4 and Nancy  Grace replay is back at 5pmet   

#44 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

Is Nancy Grace back to being live at 8pm instead of 3pm as it is being advertised on social media as such?

#45 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:35 AM

Is Nancy Grace back to being live at 8pm instead of 3pm as it is being advertised on social media as such?

I will have to check Monday, though my TV Guide doesn't have it on at 3ET on Monday and it used to be , so It might be back to repeating at 3et, but I'll check on Monday 

#46 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:55 AM

Susan Hendrinks is back and freelancing while Lynn is away on maternity leave.

#47 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:26 AM

Interesting developments in the world of HLN in the last 24 hours alone:

- When asked, an HLN spokesperson said that viewers can expect wall to wall coverage of the hot car death (or whatever it is called). Also, Nancy Grace will have a special report on the death which will air Friday evening, breaking the usual none stop block of Forensic Files. Could we be seeing a return of a court tv-like block of content?

- When the death of Prince was made public (the news was broken on HLN first. How often does that happen?) the channel dropped their constant Forensic Files programming block for none stop live coverage of the death anchored by Nancy Grace with Dr Drew extended to two hours and the channel being live from 12pm-10pm (When last?). Interestingly, the channel had HLN original talent like Grace, Drew and Mike Gelanos anchoring for extended coverage rather than have their Daily Share anchors do the work.

- A live basketball game was carried on the channel. Though that kind of thing usually happens on CNBC and MSNBC, I think this is a first for a CNN channel. Will be interesting to see what the ratings look like. Was a strange decision as well as Turner has other channels they could have used, why this one.

With the ratings for Forensic Files FINALLY sinking and Michaela Pereira's show starting soon, positive change seems to be coming.  

#48 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

I hope they don't go back into full  Court TV like mode... that would be a bit much...  but It would be nice if they could get some much needed uplifting... hopefully Michaela's program will work out whenever that comes.  

#49 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:22 AM

Scoop: working titles for Michaela Pereira's new morning show debuting this summer include "Michaela LA" and "Across America." Rehearsals are to begin soon. Additionally, HLN will launch a new show called "HLN Spotlight", profiling a newsmaker or celebrity (very similar to CNN Spotlight).

Also:
Morning Express will get new graphics soon

The Daily Share (maybe with a different name) will likely remain on the lineup, moving to 1-3pm ET when Michaela debuts)

Edited by CNN_Maryland, 19 May 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#50 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:42 AM

Is Michaela only on for 3 hours? Surely it would make sense for it to be the same as Morning Express and go from 10am - 2pm?

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#51 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:58 AM

Is Michaela only on for 3 hours? Surely it would make sense for it to be the same as Morning Express and go from 10am - 2pm?

10am to 1pm eastern. It's been indicated to me that the show will have almost a talk show like feel "Michaela Pereira delivers information with context, heart and personality." and "talks to the people at the heart of the story." A lot of pop culture and "feel good" segments being slated.. however it seems they will also retain Morning Express's formula of frequent weather, entertainment, business and sports updates.

#52 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

Wow thanks for the scoop.
Any idea who will be on her on air team?
And will they use the current studio as is?

#53 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

I think I remember seeing something about a weather presenter from a local station maybe joining for the sole purpose of the show. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they hire more staff for business, sports or pop culture. I think they'll use the current studio as it was renovated not that long ago, maybe a new desk or simply couches and tables if they are going to go for a 'talk show format.' If they do make it into a talk show they might get an audience like other daytime shows in the U.S.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#54 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

I think I remember seeing something about a weather presenter from a local station maybe joining for the sole purpose of the show. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they hire more staff for business, sports or pop culture. I think they'll use the current studio as it was renovated not that long ago, maybe a new desk or simply couches and tables if they are going to go for a 'talk show format.' If they do make it into a talk show they might get an audience like other daytime shows in the U.S.

Getting an audience to sit for three hours is a bit long

#55 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:32 PM

I am guessing  this will be line up then.. 

6-10 MXP with Robin 

10-1  M.P 

1-3  Daily Share (hopefully the rename it ) 

3-5 CNN OS 

5-7   F.F 

#56 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

HLN will be getting a simulcast of "The Hunt with  John Walsh"  it will air on both CNN and HLN Sundays 9PMET when the show returns in June, also HLN will air past episodes Fridays 7-10pmet as HLN Spotlight. 

#57 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

HLN will be getting a simulcast of "The Hunt with John Walsh" it will air on both CNN and HLN Sundays 9PMET when the show returns in June, also HLN will air past episodes Fridays 7-10pmet as HLN Spotlight.

this is rather silly

#58 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

HLN will be getting a simulcast of "The Hunt with John Walsh" it will air on both CNN and HLN Sundays 9PMET when the show returns in June, also HLN will air past episodes Fridays 7-10pmet as HLN Spotlight.

this is rather silly

Yeah I don't get it either... 

#59 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

Michaela Pereira is anchoring rolling coverage on the shooting from a flash cam in LA. really nice to see her solo

#60 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

We have a date and name for  Michaela Pereira's show  it's starting July 11th  and called "Michaela" airing daily 10amet-1pmet   -TVNEWSER 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users