96 replies to this topic

#61 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:53 PM

We have a date and name for  Michaela Pereira's show  it's starting July 11th  and called "Michaela" airing daily 10amet-1pmet   -TVNEWSER 

What a ridicoulous name, almost as bad as 'Wolf'.

#62 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

http://www.hollywood...ving-hln-907480

Nancy Grace is leaving her primetime HLN cable news show. It will be replaced with "a new series — one that will "utilize the expertise of the current team"" at 8pm ET. The final episode airs Thursday October 13th.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#63 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

This is actually a shock

#64 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

I was not expecting that to happen. 

#65 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:45 AM

I think we will see Ashleigh Banfield and Jean Casarez as top contenders for the new show.

#66 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

I think Ashleigh should bring her show to primetime, in the format it's meant to be, not some rolling news hour

#67 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, I don't think Ashleigh gets to go with her format a lot because of the election and any breaking news. Legal and justice stories just get dumped. This would probably mean no more primetime shows from the CNN Center.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#68 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

Ashleigh's show at that time slot (when it launched at 11amet and the 12pmet now slot)  never made sense  for a daytime CNN show because it was never going to be able to follow an all legal format. I wonder if HLN could get Rita Cosby (who has filled in for Nancy a number of times)  to take the slot . I am still surprised ...of all the changes HLN has been through since 2005 .. Nancy has been the  constant, rare for a cable news channel even rarer for HLN. 

#69 ThisisCNN

ThisisCNN

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

HLN is piloting a new nightly show for S.E. Cupp called "Nightly with S.E. Cupp" Here is the open for the pilot. A very interesting show model for HLN..

#70 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

Very cool! I think a late night, chill-vibed news discussion show would work nicely. I worry though, if they only have a conservative hosted show, and not a companion show hosted by Sally Kohn or Marc Lamont-Hill (just thoughts) what it would do for HLN's brand and credibility. Also, when Vimeo projects and things of that nature are leaked prior to their debut it often puts them in jeopardy so be careful

Edit: I also wonder if "Nightly" would end up as Nancy Grace's replacement, or a little later at 10pm or so (where I would probably like it). Sounds like a FOX Business "Kennedy" or FOX News "Red Eye" type show. As a liberal, and an S.E. fan, I am excited, nonetheless.

Edited by CNN_Maryland, 16 July 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#71 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

That's a big leak! Networks run pilots all the time, but it's very rare that they're publicly known. That designer probably should have never uploaded that.

#72 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

It has been deleted. 

#73 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

Did anyone save it first?

#74 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

With the start of Erica Hill's new show next week , looks like Daily Share is gone after Friday. , and  Nancy Grace (and soon to be Ashleigh Banfield)'s show  is all by itself in a sea of Forensic Files. 

#75 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

I'm sure Daily Share just moves a bit later again

#76 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

I'll check at the end of DS tomorrow if they say anything , most of the guides aren't saying  that it exists after Friday ...  would be wise for HLN to expand live TV past  3pmet , and help Banfield out by having something live to lead in to her show as well. 

#77 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Regarding the lead-in to the 8pm hour, some replays of the legal-focused CNN original series (Death Row Stories, The Hunt, etc.) have performed well in the ratings at the 7pm time slot, giving a nice lead in to Nancy Grace's hour. It's a nice way to transition from the Foresic Files block into a branded HLN show.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#78 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

Sam Champion of The Weather Channel (and before that, Good Morning America) will be filling in for Bob on Morning Express for the next two days.
This is quite interesting as CNN has quite capable weather personalities who could have and have in the past filled in. In addition, Champion's contract with The Weather Channel (which has been quite turbulent) comes to an end soon...

#79 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

Welp, Michaela is  being cut one hour and Robin is taking back the 10AMET hour starting on Monday... http://www.adweek.co...-an-hour/315198 . 

#80 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

Strange considering that 10am is Michaela's strongest hour

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users