8 replies to this topic

#1 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2771 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

CNN Producer in New Delhi. I've seen a few times on CNNI but never been able to catch her name. She was just on News Stream. I hope to see more of her in the future.

#2 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3212 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Yay, another Nepali girl on CNN! I'd read an article on her about three years ago. She used to be based in HK as a producer for Talk Asia.

#3 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5255 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

News Stream, Wednesday...

Posted Image

#4 Samson

Samson

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:22 AM

Yep, so her reporting and she was great. I do hope we get to see more of her on air as well. She would be a great second correspondent based in India.

#5 Bilka

Bilka

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Lovely to see Sumnima reporting live on World Business Today earlier Wednesday. I'm very happy we have seen an increase in her on air visibility recently. I'm hoping we may one day see her move from producer to correspondent.

#6 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2375 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

I briefly saw her yesterday with a report. It was on WBT (I think). My lack of attention aside, it's great to see that she is filing regular reports - even though she is still apparently working mainly as a producer. I think she is correspondent material.

#7 Xabat

Xabat

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

The most recent report from Sumnima. I saw it broadcast yesterday.

http://edition.cnn.c...ref=videosearch

#8 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Attached File  snap2013-07-17-10h00m42s225.jpg   35.6KB   0 downloads

#9 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Sumnima%20Udas_Journalist%20Of%20the%20Y

CNN’s SUMNIMA UDAS IS ‘JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR’ AT WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT JOURNALISM AWARDS

CNN International's Delhi-based correspondent Sumnima Udas has been awarded ‘Journalist of the Year' at the inaugural Women's Empowerment (WE) Journalism Awards for her sensitive and incisive reporting on gender issues including the December 2012 New Delhi gang-rape, the plight of acid attack victims in India and the courageous stance taken by young Indian women, fighting back to ensure the safety of women in their neighbourhoods. The Awards held in Singapore, honour outstanding achievements in reporting on women's issues. Udas' work was recognised amongst entries by distinguished journalists across Asia Pacific including Australia, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Read more on cnnasiapacific.com

"It helps if you're 6'4", with very long arms"
--Max Foster

Signature_Resize.png
Twitter: @MVJR4

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users