235 replies to this topic

#41 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Early March. It got mentioned on the CNN Saturday/Sunday thread ;-)

http://cnnfan.org/in...ay/page__st__60

#42 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Early Start got a new look today. The graphics are more complete and they've added a lot of yellow to them. It also looks like they've brightened up the set a little bit.

#43 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

I didn't see Early Start but they did the same thing with Starting Point. More yellows and oranges with a city landscape photo at dawn. Brooke Baldwin was filling in for Soledad (don't know why). Are they trying out new anchors?

#44 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Soledad on vacation maybe?

#45 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Brooke???

I certainly think Brooke is better suited for morning television with her heavy emphasis on music and celebrity interviews. But Brooke needs a strong co-anchor, one with the ability to drive a discussion and the ability to ask pertinent questions. Oh but I guess Will Cain will fill that position.

#46 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Things are getting messier...John Berman, fresh out of ABC News, will join A & Z as Early Start's 3rd anchor. :sarcastic:
http://cnnpressroom....ow-early-start/
previosuly kev

#47 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Unless they plan to move Ashleigh to CNN Newsroom at some point. She currently seems to be first choice fill-in anchor

EDIT - some notable points from ICN

It’s not clear exactly what Berman’s anchoring duties will entail. Will he be an equal partner with Banfield and Sambolin? Or is CNN merely swapping him in for Christine Romans (who handles headline reading segments in addition to business news)? Judging from the press release I’m betting on the former but it may also mean that Romans’ headline reading segments are going bye-bye as well.

http://insidecablene...headed-monster/

Edited by excel99, 30 May 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#48 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Unless they plan to move Ashleigh to CNN Newsroom at some point. She currently seems to be first choice fill-in anchor

That's the first thing I thought - where is Ashleigh going? :idea:

#49 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

^^I also think this is the beginning of some kind of transition period for Ashleigh. Not so sure she'll get Burnett's or John King's slot, but Suzanne Malveaux's Newsroom days may be numbered.

Edited by newser, 30 May 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#50 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Change after change, CNN US mess will get even bigger.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#51 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

That's the first thing I thought - where is Ashleigh going? :idea:

Okay, Solar System, that's not fair - I swear that was exactly the first thing that popped into my head when I heard about the Berman hire --- where is Ashleigh going? Great minds do think alike. :rofl: I would love to see her take King or Burnett's spots but I agree newser, that probably isn't going to happen. But, Ashleigh did sub in for Anderson Cooper - not many people can do that. Is Banfield the one they are thinking of launching an 11pm show? Seems like that could be a good fit.

Edited by modlib, 31 May 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#52 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

There are so many places Ashleigh can go, what area isn't in need of improvement? But I'm with you on Erin, don't think she be deposed from her throne just yet.

And good to see you back, know you've been busy with work.

#53 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Both hosts of this show should watch Katie Lee and Hoda of NBC so they can improve theirs. The chemisty between these two on "Early Start "is not very appealing. I have to watch this every morning before leaving for work, simply, because i don't have a choice.

#54 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

http://www.mediabist...ornings_b134747
John Berman will officially take over co-anchor duties on Early Start from Ashleigh Banfield, who will move to 11a ET which is vacated by Kyra Phillips. The change takes effect this summer, no specified date yet.
previosuly kev

#55 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

I actually feel for Zoraida, coming to CNN when from outside looking in - seems like the bottom is falling out. Then to be one half of one of the worst pairings ever. Who would have thought? The changes aren't only a good thing for Ashleigh, this gives Zoraida a second chance too.

Time to make that screen presence a tad bit bigger.

#56 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

I was watching Early Start on Friday (well, technically it was Thursday night since I was in Hawaii), and it was Ashleigh Banfield's last day. It looks like John Berman starts today, looking at the website banner. I hope they get rid of all that News from A to Z stuff soon, though.

Look for a video from me soon too.

#57 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

I watched the last 20 minutes of Early Start this morning. From what I saw, Berman had a good debut. It really did seem like Berman, Zoriada, and Christine Romans all had good chemistry. This move may have been a win-win for everybody. Granted, its only the first day so I reserve the right to change my mind ;)

#58 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I support Modlib's comments. Berman and Zoriada have good chemistry. It was a pleasure watching them. Zoriada now "has her day in court"-she can talk and laugh freely as much as possible without being sidelined (as she was) by her previous co-host.

Good job CNN!

#59 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Did Ashleigh do something crazy on her last day? I would expect that. :rofl:

Did Ash start in her new Newsroom slot this week? Will she move to Atlanta or do it from NY?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#60 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hehe. Ashleigh was pretty normal on her last day. The only thing that was weird about it was that Zoraida was on vacation, so Alina Cho was anchoring. They said Ashleigh and Alina have been friends for twelve years. She also said she's going on vacation, so Poppy Harlow did the 11am ET slot (in addition to the one before it?) yesterday and presumably today too.

I'll have video of Early Start up in a few hours as well as Newsroom International.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users