65 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

I like this opening.

http://www.youtube.c...atch?v=jUVVe2VK

BTW where is this channel airing? I guess it's for South America but is it also available in the US since there's a lot of people from South America living there?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#2 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

It's available here - but it is usually part of a Spanish language package.

#3 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:56 AM

Gracias a la impresionante CNNfan Media_Mogul, CNN Plus de Espanestnisponible en CNNfan.com (conexi' equerida).

#4 kauefranqueirafan

kauefranqueirafan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:34 AM

I like this open of AL Cierre . a new programme of CNN en Español
covering the closing of markets with Grabriela Frias , Alberto Padilla , Luis Carlos velez ..

CNN en Español has a large audience primarily in the United States because of immigrants and throughout Latin America

#5 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:12 AM

^^^

That is a cool open. I haven't watched CNN en Espanol because it's not included in my cable package and I don't speak Spanish anyway, but I remeber watching it when I was in Mexico earlier this year and I recall that they had a beautiful studio with square windows overlooking Mexico City.

#6 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

Marketplace Middle East opening theme is eerie similar to AL Cierre.

#7 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

While looking for a video for college in YouTube I found two channels: one is by Brazilian reporter Marcel Salim (which many of you may have already discovered as I see a link posted by ginnyfan and kauefranqueirafan) and the other is called Cubanews. Below are some of the videos I wanted to share:

From Marcel Salim:

This is the opening and headlines of Nuestro Mundo, the 30-minutes newscast that airs every hour through midday and afternoon. Glenda Umaa anchors it.

This video features a piece of CNNE's coverage of the Venezuelan Referendum, with its opening. They use the same opening with every election. They only change the colors according to the colors of the flag of the country where it is being held. It is very WordArt-ish to me.

Promo for Las Noticias, which was the only double-anchored newscast of the network until it was replaced by a second edition of Encuentro con Daniel Viotto. This promo is from 2002, when Jorge Gestoso was still the main anchor of the network before leaving Atlanta to become the Washington correspondent during the war in Iraq. He left the channel in 2004 to start its company.

The current weather filler.

From Cubanews:

As Wolf Blitzer said when Obama won Pennsylvania, "This is a big one", because it features:
-The opening of Encuentro con Daniel Viotto (ironically with substitute anchor Alberto Padilla hosting the show)
-The opening of Mirador Mundial
-An ID of the network, below says "World's News Leader"
-The opening of Panorama Mundial con Patricia Janiot, the flagship newscast
-And another ID of the network.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#8 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

Another fantastic contribution from you, peramirez.

I like the molten lava / fire (don't know how else to describe them) ID's. Even if the music sounds like something from a Disney DVD. :shock: :lol:

The weather filler is just ace! I love that music!

peramirez, does CNN en Espanol ever use any music that features the CNN signature tune?

#9 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Sorry for the late reply. CNNE has its own signature-tune (the one presented in the blue ID, and yes, it is like Disney DVD). It was everywhere in the past... You could recognize it in the themes of almost every show, but with different instruments. Today, it remains on the Panorama Mundial and Escenario themes.
Some reasons why CNNE doesn't use the CNN signature tune may be:
-Since its foundation, CNNE stated this goal: Not to be just the CNN in Spanish, but to be A CNN that is in Spanish to reach the Spanish-speaking viewers and attend its demands, without contradicting the standards of CNN. So, they might have decided to create a whole new channel in terms of everyday graphics and tunes.
-Many think CNNE is an American propaganda channel, so having a completely different beat and programming may do it in terms of erasing that prejudice and attracting new viewers. After all, the first you look in a news channel is its appearance.
By the way, they do focus a lot on U.S. issues (note to CNNE producers: please, stop broadcasting every Obama speech) but they do a great job covering global news and they cover Latin American news like no other news station (also stop broadcasting every Chavez speech).
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#10 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

Sorry for the late reply. CNNE has its own signature-tune (the one presented in the blue ID, and yes, it is like Disney DVD). It was everywhere in the past... You could recognize it in the themes of almost every show, but with different instruments. Today, it remains on the Panorama Mundial and Escenario themes.
Some reasons why CNNE doesn't use the CNN signature tune may be:
-Since its foundation, CNNE stated this goal: Not to be just the CNN in Spanish, but to be A CNN that is in Spanish to reach the Spanish-speaking viewers and attend its demands, without contradicting the standards of CNN. So, they might have decided to create a whole new channel in terms of everyday graphics and tunes (although Al Cierre's theme is the same as Marketplace Middle East :!: ).
-Many think CNNE is an American propaganda channel, so having a completely different beat and programming may do it in terms of erasing that prejudice and attracting new viewers. After all, the first you look in a news channel is its appearance.
By the way, they do focus a lot on U.S. issues (note to CNNE producers: please, stop broadcasting every Obama speech) but they do a great job covering global news and they cover Latin American news like no other news station (also stop broadcasting every Chavez speech).

I did read this when you posted but then had to run and forgot to come back and reply. :oops:

Thanks for the info, and sorry for the many questions. CNNE is one CNN network I can't find an online stream of to check out in full, so it's great to be able to find out through you.

That is interesting that Al Cierre on CNNE shares the same theme as MME on CNNI! I notice that there's another thing CNNE has in common with CNNI:

(note to CNNE producers: please, stop broadcasting every Obama speech)

#11 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

I've been off internet and TV lately because of mid term exams, but today's Good Friday and it is a holiday in my country. CNN en Espanol had substitute anchors for both morning and afternoon shifts. Now it is broadcasting the Way of the Cross from Rome just as they do every year. I don't mind, being a Catholic, but I always wondered what non-Catholics think about this move by CNNE, which is, I think, the only CNN global network to fully broadcast it live.

And Morpium: Don't worry about the questions, just shoot and I'll try to answer them. I like having this forum to share our thoughts on the CNN family and to be able to comment on what I watch through CNN en Espanol. And if I ever find a stream of CNNE, trust me, you'll be the first to know.

A few videos from YouTube I found:
From Cubanews:

Rick Sanchez is a recurring guest on Glenda Umaa's Nuestro Mundo, I didn't know that Glenda Umaa also participates in Rick's CNN News Room.

A promo for Mirador Mundial with the smart and easy on the eyes Claudia Palacios from 2004. She taped this promo before starting as anchor, that might explain the mix of nerviosism and excitement in her eyes. It finishes with the hour in four time zones (indicating it comes from the U.S. feed), I just get to watch one (the Atlanta time) that goes in the Latin American feed.

From chuyster2008

Remember the music? This is the oldest openning of CNNE, telling us of breaking news. Lo eltimo means "The Latest". It is still being used.

#12 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

From Cubanews:

This is the promo CNN en Español es ("CNN en Español is"), from 2007, in which each anchor (in front of the logo of his/her show) says a quality of the network.

Patricia Janiot (anchor, Panorama Mundial): CNN en Español es (CNN en Español is)
Daniel Viotto (anchor, Encuentro): Acceso - Access
Glenda Umaa (Nuestro Mundo): Etica - Ethics
Carlos Montero (Al Dia): Alcance - Range
Claudia Palacios (Mirador Mundial): Valores - Values
Alberto Padilla (Economia y Finanzas): Global - Global
Gabriela Frias (En Efectivo): Objetividad - Objectivity
Diego Bustos (Vive el Golf): Inmediatez - Immediate
Carolina Escobar (En Familia): Conocimiento - Knowledge
Guillermo Arduino (Directo desde EE.UU. logo appears, he is the host of Clix): Perspectiva - Perspective
Viviana Fernendez (El Mundo Informa): Presencia - Presence
Luis Carlos Velez (Tu Capital logo appears, he co-anchors Al Cierre with Alberto and Gabriela): Su bolsillo - Your pocket
Gloria Rodreguez-Mulloy (old show Consulta Medica logo appears, now it is named Salud!): Salud - Health
Juan Carlos Arciniegas (Ojo Crotico): Cine - Movies
Ana Maria Montero (Escenario): Luminarias - Stars
Cesar Bustillo (Deportes CNN): Pasin - Passion
Sasha Rionda (Detalles): Tendencias - Trends
Marcela Trucios (Deportes CNN): Gente - People
Xanthe Tilden (Escenario): Profesionalismo - Professionalism
Carmen Aristegui (Aristegui): CNN en Español es la ultima palabra en noticias - CNN en Español is the last word in news
Patricia Janiot: Porque usted necesita saber siempre - Because you need to know, always

#13 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm sounding like a broken record, but another great contribution, peramirez!

The highlight for me is "Lo ultimo" video. That was a real blast to hear that music again. And to see it used with a totally different animation is cool.

I noticed that you said that it was still being used today. Is that the music you were referring to? Or the animation? Or both?

#14 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

Both animation and music of Lo ultimo are still being used.

Since my last post, CNNE has had a lot of work.
-Obama went to Mexico, then to Trinidad and Tobago to cover the Summit of the Americas (not to be called the Latin American Summit). Juan Carlos Lopez, Washington correspondent, followed President Obama. Of course, Cuba was the main issue until Chavez gave that book to Obama. Only President Obama's and Chavez's remarks aired entirely live on CNNE. What a surprise!
-President of Paraguay Fernando Lugo (seen in one of the videos when I talked about CNNE's graphics), a former Catholic bishop, admited he fathered a child who was conceived while still being a bishop. Then, 2 more women (and there are supposed to be 3 more) said President Lugo was the father of their children, too. It's been a long couple of weeks for Asuncion reporter Sanie Lopez Garelli as the alleged mothers make triumphal entrances one by one.
-Diego Bustos, sports anchor, got to host a green edition of Destinos ("Destinations"), the weekly travel show. He presented the submarine life in the coast of Cozumel island in Central America. The 30 minutes show was taped almost entirely from below the water.
-Earth Day didn't feature a green CNN en Español logo.
-Starting Monday, an informative marathon (as they promote it) starts to commemorate the 1st 100 days of Obama. ALL of the newscasts and shows (even the weekly health magazine) will feature special editions that will rewind the 100 days of Obama coverage.
-And Ecuador's heading to the polls this weekend. Remember those WordArt-ish graphics they used for elections? They changed them, I'll look for a clip to post it here soon.

#15 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:29 AM

CNNE goes Helvetica (or Arial, sorry but I can't tell the difference, although I know there is one).
It is the first change in their lower thirds since 2006, and they just use a different font. Previously, they used Humanst521 Cn BT.
I hope it's just a sign that they are (finally) revamping their look.

From pagusm2 (and the Claudia Palacios fan blog):

Without even playing the video you can see it. New font in video starts at 1:03

#16 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:46 AM

^^^

Thanks for posting that. While I'd like to see CNNE adopt CNNUS' and CNNI's new graphics for the sake of continuity, I do like the change.

As for Arial vs. Helvetica, while someone with an untrained eye says that he/she can't tell a difference, there really is one. Helvetica looks so much cleaner, simpler, and is easier to read. Arial was designed by ripping off Helvetica through ridiculous changes just to avoid royalties.

If you're extremely bored, here's some light reading: , or watch the movie if you have a few hours (I'm not afraid to admit that I watched it):

#17 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

So, it is Helvetica. I read the article, couldn't watch the movie. I'll look for it.
I specially like the final touch of the "R" in Helvetica, it makes it look more distinguished than the "R" in Arial.

From marcelsalim:

Aristegui's openning, the primetime talk show that airs from Mexico every night in the Mexican feed, the rest of the continent is able to see her the folowing afternoon and during daytime weekend editions.

#18 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

The "CNN en Español es" promo is now updated. The new version adds Mario Gonzalez and Ismael Cala. Viviana Fernendez and Cesar Bustillo are out. It also shows the right shows next to the journalists.

Also, the network is starting a special series focusing in the Bicentennial of Latin American countries. Bolivia is first. I guess Argentina is next year and Paraguay and Venezuela in 2011.

Nothing new in the graphics department. After 3 years and 4 months, you could expect more than just a font change.

EDIT: By the way, a follower of the Claudia Palacios fan blog found this video from 1995, two years before CNNE started its first broadcasting.
As I told you, CNN International used to have three editions of a 30-minutes Spanish newscast, called simply Noticiero CNN Internacional ("CNN International Newscast").
This video features: the CNNI ID from that time, the introduction to the newscast, the Latinoamerica al dia ("Latin American Update") title, going to commercial, the Panorama Mundial ("World View") title, another commercial play-off, the weather and the closing showing the newsroom (says 1996).
I never knew if this show also reached places outside of Latin America or if it was a Latin American-only program.

#19 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

I hope you don't report me for several consecutive replies. Anyway, if these are really part of CNNE's revamp in the upcoming weeks/months, then, I'm excited!

From Layne Braunstein web page:

The page says these are rendered for HD, so I hope CNNE goes HD.

And I saw marcelsalim posting the video that appears in the Layne Braunstein page in YouTube:
fIPn6554sUo

Waiting for a change in the lower-thirds, too!

#20 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

Wow - I just watched the video and it looks stunning. I love that pixelated/particle effect! Thank-you so much for your postings, peramirez.

I noticed that the blog says that they haven't aired yet and that the footage is only temporary - so I can't wait to see how the signposts look when they go to air.

It sounds like it is an exciting time for CNNE enthusiasts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users