65 replies to this topic

#21 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

They are here! I haven't seen them on TV yet, 'cause I'm catching up with some other college stuff, but the Claudia Palacios fan blog has most of the spots here:

http://claudiapalaci...avances-de.html
(There will come the day when I'm able to record the videos and take caps for myself)

They feature most of CNNE anchors, including Gabriela Frias, Luis Carlos Velez and Glenda Umaa.
Those with Patricia Janiot and Claudia Palacios are coming up next.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#22 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

Ok, it's been a while since my last post. During this time, marcelsalim and pagusm have uploaded plenty of videos about CNNE. All of these come from marcelsalim:

A commercial featuring business anchors linked to their programs about the financial crisis, praising business news as a tool to know what actions are to take in order to survive the situation. With Alberto Padilla, Gabriela Frias and Luis Carlos Velez.

CNNE started this year to feature weekly promos highlighting some stories covered the previous week and how they were covered. This one comes from the first week of coverage of the H1N1 (or oink oink) flu, starts with Primero con las noticias, "First with news"; and ends with Mantengase bien informado con CNNE, "Keep yourself informed with CNNE".

This is another feature presented earlier this year that gives CNNE viewers a glance of what is being covered by the network's affiliates in Latin America and the U.S. during Al Dia and Nuestro Mundo airtimes. (CNNE has 2 affiliates in my country but my country's flag is nowhere to be seen)

A blast from the past: This is how the UP next promos look like before CNNE's major revamp that took place during 2002 and 2003, with the logos of the old newscasts Primera Edicin, Noticiero CNN Internacional con Patricia Janiot, Panorama Mundial con Jorge Gestoso, Las Noticias, the old El Mundo Informa ("World Report"), the logo of La Noticia de la Semana which is still being used and a promo with the then estetically-challenged and prehistoric openning of Nuestro Mundo. It ends with a simmilar promo for the tech show Adelantos, which was replaced last year by Guillermo Arduino's Clix; and an ID for the network that, to be honest, I've never seen. It could be from before 2001, as I started watching the network in a daily basis that year.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#23 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

Nice update peramirez! :D I like all them videos but especialy the 2nd last 1 that has the old World News music from CNNI. (The RED DE AFILIDIAS video).
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#24 marcelsalim

marcelsalim

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

:D Hello Everybody ... I'm Marcel Salim, journalist from Brazil. I'm very happy... Now I'm on CNN Fan and i will publish many videos that i have of CNN en Espanol. It's a pleasure to be here. Thank you very much peramirez for update this forum with my videos. I will try to put more in a few weeks on YouTube.

I prepared a special program with videos of CNN en Espanol in 2001:

CNN en Espanol Memory - Comercials and Spots

CNN en Espanol Memory - News Programs

CNN en Espanol Memory - Comming Up on CNN en Espanol

CNN en Espanol Memory - First Edition of En Efectivo

I hope you enjoy my videos. Add me on Facebook (Marcel Salim). Bye !!!
Marcel Salim
Brazilian Journalist
[email protected]

#25 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:51 AM

The man himself! Welcome to CNNfan.org! It's a great forum with great people. Your videos truly belong here. This video in which you honor Glenda Umaa's work during recent years is great:

I sent you an invitation on Facebook!
P.S.: Many of here don't know, but you've been a regular on CNN en Espanol's interactive programs, and you've actually been on the air live several times participating with questions. Your Spanish is really good!

Edited to include my notes about the special:
*It's so good to watch the one-time daily faces of Jorge Gestoso, Celina Rodriguez, Arley Londoio (the sports anchor who always closed with "de parte de todo el equipo de CNN") and Josefina Townsend again. Add Julio Aliiga and Amaro Gomez-Pablos and you'll have the entire gang that unfortunately had a different path and left the network from 2002-2004.
*The design they used for the Mis Adelante ('Coming up') segments was way better than the one from 2002-2009 (the one with the moving triangles) but I prefer the current one which adds more personality to the shows.
*I didn't watch the first En Efectivo on TV. And I can't believe I've watched segments of it almost a decade later. But I remember Andy Freire, the Patagon alliance and Doctor Finanzas's accent (kind of reminds me of Morgan Neill). Something I've never seen: a mosaic of the show logo in the screen (in the preview during Economia y Finanzas). I've watched the desktop icons on some shows from that time, but in all of them the show logo covered the entire screen. Compare that to the multiscreen set with moving logos Gabriela uses now! And to think it started with one time-slot early in the morning and currently has lots of repeats! It's been the most succesful non-newscast show of the network.

#26 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

Another stage in a long-period revamp? I bet you can guess what background they are using for their split screens:

Yes, a dark cyan version of the blue one CNNI uses. They are only using it during Nuestro Mundo air times, and only for split screens, as they still use the show's own background for phone reports, and full-screen graphics.

The blue one was first used by CNNE during continuing coverage of Zelaya's actions on Friday.

#27 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

Wow, that is very interesting there with the logo loop. Poor CNNE viewers, having to put up with what us on CNNI have to look at.

And welcome marcelsalim, and thanks for all your great updates peramirez.

#28 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:45 AM

hey, thanks for posting the pics:)

#29 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

Is the picture of Ted visiting CNNe a recent one? That silver CNN logo looks like the logos CNN US used in the early 90's on their newsroom set.

#30 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

woo. Sexy. not the man, but the graphics how they break up and fly around. How come they play this on CNN then? I wonder if CNN will make these ads one day?
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#31 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

So CNNe doesn't have a ticker or flipper normally? That's quite refreshing! I wonder if they'd ever consider adopting the CNN US and CNNI look of graphics.
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#32 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Flipper gone when first newscast on Sunday (at 4:00 p.m. ET) started.
Mexican viewers have always had a flipper with weather forecast and some news, but here in South America, we don't. I've seen they actually redesigned their flipper in Mexico (which used to have two-lines) to look like CNN's and CNNI's.
Here's a video from YouTube:

#33 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

I also wonder if they are ever going to change their 2006 graphics beyond the font they changed earlier this year.

#34 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

I also wonder if they are ever going to change their 2006 graphics beyond the font they changed earlier this year.

Thanks as always peramirez for keeping us abreast of CNNE. Even though I don't really like the graphics package on Domestic, HLN, and Int'l; CNNE really would benefit from using it. Still, I get the feeling (especially from your posts) that CNNE is the most orphaned CNN network of them all, so I doubt that would happen.

#35 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

A cap from Ser latino en EE.UU.. I wonder why CNNE doesn't use that logo for its regular logo. The "EN ESPANOL" part is so wide in the current one that it uses a lot of space. Anyway, Latino in America was a simulcast with Washington correspondent Ione Molinares doing the parts of Soledad (by the way, this is the first time I see a lot of Soledad, does she always turn her head to a side when interviewing?).

Patricia Janiot is featuring her own version of Latino in America next week, so this will extend one more week for CNN en Espanol viewers.

By the way, this month's Cancha Abierta will be dedicated to Rafael Nadal (the first edition was about Juan Martin del Potro).

#36 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

I would have loved to see Patricia hosting Latin in America. I probably would have watched the program then. Nothing personal against Soledad, but I think Patricia as host would have made more sense for the English and Spanish versions.

And thanks for the cap! It looks like CNNe could easily adapt the CNN US and CNNI graphics easily.
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#37 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

I'm assuming there's been no change to graphics or anything like that? I know that there was some thought that CNNE could be launching a new look earlier in the year.

#38 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

Nope, it's still the same old design since February, 2006... There's nothing new in the channel...

#39 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:43 AM

That gizmo is absolutley piss poor. Looks like they took the disjointed bug from international and simply moved it to Espanol without the logo or live box. The damn thing isn't even bordered properly with the right border being thicker than the rest.

#40 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

It's been a while...
Since my last post, some little changes have occured:
- They are now using the CNN logo as a transition to and from breaks, and sometimes during reports. They also use something like a shooting star during reports. My only suggestion on the matter: lower the volume of it or mute it when someone is talking. Voice of journalist, first; animation, second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users