65 replies to this topic

#41 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

I wonder if it is the same "shooting star" / glow thing they use on CNNI? And if this is all part of a bigger revamp, it sounds like it is being rolled out painfully slow like CNNI's was.

#42 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:00 AM

Oh goodness, I hope it is rolled out faster than CNNI's was. That was painfully slow.

#43 fer

fer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

CNNE debuted its new graphics .Looks like CNNI

Edited by fer, 21 November 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#44 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:01 AM

As announced by fer, the old on air graphics are gone. I thought they were waiting until tomorrow to launch everything, but I guess we'll now have some hours to watch both logos living together, since the old one is still being used in commercials.

It looks a lot like CNNI, but it's quite different, too. Everything has a glossy effect. The CNN logo is in a box, like CNNI's, but the box is blue. I don't know if the color will change according to the program (blue is Mirador Mundial's color) or if it will continue to be blue. The gizmo is next to the logo in a separate box. The black bar's size adapts to its content, like CNNI's. I think it's the same font as CNNI. The first line is bolder. All caps are used for the second line when the box contains the name of someone, and for the first line when it provides information about the story. Also, there's a red line where the black bar begins that seems unnecesary. I'm sure they'll be some comparisons with the lower-thirds of CNNI and CNN/US.

Edited to include these caps from CNN.com/Video:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by peramirez, 22 November 2010 - 01:34 AM.

"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#45 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

The new graphics look...

#46 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

The graphics look very strange to me. I'm surprised they didn't just copy CNNI and CNN America's graphics. Unless CNNI and CNN America are going to change their graphics to something like this in the future? Like how they usually make small changes and "evolve" graphics after a couple of years.

#47 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

The interesting thing about it, and the reason why I got to watch what I assume is a 14 hour old sports show is that the network sported a new bug. It was pretty much like the one CNN Domestic has: a white box with the red logo. The box fits the logo, so I guess it will expand to contain the EN VIVO ("Live") reference.

Here's a cap I grabbed from a video on CNN.com. It looks like the "live" text is in a separate black box.

Posted Image
Did the bug change on Sunday? I noticed a couple of videos still featured the old blue box with the new white box over the top.

#48 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Did the bug change on Sunday? I noticed a couple of videos still featured the old blue box with the new white box over the top.

Yes, they started using the white box on Sunday. Saturday's Mirador Mundial still used the blue bug. Choque de Opiniones had the blue bug behind the white one maybe because they inserted the blue one into the tape, as it is a pretaped show.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#49 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

I don't know if this is a news show or not, but it looks like it uses the CNN logo loop CNNI used for a while back, except the CNN en Espanol version is red.

#50 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:05 AM

CNN en Español weather roll.

#51 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

It's very interesting how CNNI and CNNe share some same graphics. Like the BackStory weekly promo and that promo CNNe does. Also the same weather graphics. I wonder if people who have CNNI and CNNe ever get confused sometimes?

#52 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

CNÑ is following the events on Wall Street. It is not as big of a story for them to cancel their all-taped programming blocks in the morning and afternoon, but still the network got a way to inform viewers of how the DJIA was performing. Look at that aberration, and by that I don't mean the low quality of the image. I figured it was not going to be on CNN.com, so I took it with my phone camera:

Posted Image

By the way, it's not widescreen, I just cut the top part as it is irrelevant.

It comes from the taped show GloboEconomía, which is a business-themed interview show from the NYSE. As you can see, there was a gizmo inserted into the tape. But the thing is that CNÑ designed this weird variation of the Coming Up gizmo CNN/US and CNNI used with the original 2008/2009 package and it doesn't cover the gizmo below. It isn't even properly aligned with the bug nor the original gizmo in the lower part.

Why didn't they just copy CNN/US and CNNI's current market gizmo? I don't know. I don't see one reason why they shouldn't have just used that and placed it on top of the original gizmo. Seriously, the CNÑ graphic team has been great with openings (with notable exceptions: Panorama Mundial, HLN's Showbiz Tonight, Destinos, etc), commercials and bumpers, but their on-air graphics are awful rip-offs.

Bonus: "Crisis Deuda Estadounidense". Really? Tarzan should be proud. A simple colon would have solved the space issue. Or better yet, ditch the huge and pointless gizmo.

#53 Samson

Samson

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:49 AM

O.M.G..... that is just bonkers! It looks so silly.

#54 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for posting that picture peramirez. That truly is one of the most bizarre things I've seen. No matter which way I look at that blob, it just doesn't look right. What were they thinking?

#55 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

Quick note: As of Thursday, CNÑ is using the same market graphic CNN/US and CNNI use next to the logo, like in the previous CNNI graphic package. It has one change, though, and that's the addition of the word Ahora ("Now") next to "Dow". It's possibly to avoid doubts about it being live, since CNÑ is in tape during all but two of the NY market hours (the 12pm continuing effort to perpetuate stereotypes and achieve the world record for the most awkward pauses caused by satellite delay I often pass by while changing channels named NotiMujer and the 3pm I-haven't-watched-it-for-months-but-the-promos-suggest-it-still-airs Showbiz).

#56 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Does anyone know what other shows on CNNI and CNN en Espanol share the same graphics and/or music?

#57 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Here's everything (I think) CNÑ and its sister networks share in terms of graphics and music.

Actualidad en Vivo and Prism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s7sMa6l4GU
I've finally found a video of AEV!

Lo Último and Breaking News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbMshIn0s4w

El Tiempo and World Weather
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdTiSZhM1k4

Showbiz and HLN's Showbiz Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmpR75FAq4k

Mirador Mundial and World View
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60Rmssq6OA
The weirdest part about this one? This layout was already used for CNNE's El Mundo Informa (the Spanish-language World View) before it was cancelled a year before the revamp.

CNN Investiga and Special Investigations Unit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSPMqgJpCkA

Vive el Golf and Living Golf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUekcKeXqY

Documentales and World's Untold Stories
Posted Image

Then you have every special coverage intro (Libya War, World Cup, Earthquake in Japan, etc.)

I've noticed CNNI uses the main CNÑ theme song for its weather updates, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1CnGZjPAc

#58 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

Wow, so there's a bit of repurposing going on between the two networks. I guess it makes sense in a way, as according to the cnnidesign.com website, the 2 networks share the same graphics design team.

#59 Xabat

Xabat

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

I really like the sound of that headline bed on Actualidad en Vivo. I don't think we really got to hear that much on Prism when it still aired.

#60 fer

fer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

CÑÑ New Logo

idQRQugoF6V02.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users