111 replies to this topic

#41 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

That means not only CNN en Espanol but also CNN International and the other CNN channels are included in the pay package. Nevertheless, from this channel there are some unoffical live stream on the web.

I can't get CNN International...

#42 Thok

Thok

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

I can't get CNN International...

You are not the only person on the planet. You can´t receive the station, so you have not the authority to talk what CNN channels (namely all of them) are in the pay package around the world.

#43 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

You are not the only person on the planet. You can´t receive the station, so you have not the authority to talk what CNN channels (namely all of them) are in the pay package around the world.

Point is this. Stop asking. If we find one, we'll post it. No need to continue to ask in every other thread. It's annoying and it's considered spam.

#44 Thok

Thok

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

As a matter of fact I heard you already. You screamed it with large bold letters prior in this thread.

#45 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

As a matter of fact I heard you already. You screamed it with large bold letters prior in this thread.

So will you stop asking then?

#46 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

CNN en Español is using "USA" when talking about the United States. The use of "USA" is expressly forbidden by the Royal Spanish Academy (Link). In Spanish, you can use either "EE. UU." or "EUA". CNNE can use the full "Estados Unidos", too. They used to care about this stuff. Next thing I'll know, they'll start using "Breaking News" like CNN Chile already does. It's a HORRIBLE service to the Spanish speaking viewers.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#47 moon1089

moon1089

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

Thanks peramirez for the info!! :D
So...this is my profile. Nothing else? No, until now...

- Contact me on Twitter! username: moon089

#48 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

The date on this story is from a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't really seen anything else on it.

Hugo Chavez Challenges CNN to Interview the Cuban Five http://www.periodico...z-cnn091710.htm

#49 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

Cuba says 'hasta la vista' to CNN en Espanol

HAVANA - CNN'S Spanish language channel will no longer be carried by Cuba's sole cable TV provider, an official with the state-run Telecable network told AFP on Friday.

CNN en Espanol was available to cable television subscribers in hotels, tourist centres, and the offices of foreign companies.

When it suddenly went off the off the air on Jan 6 most people assumed it was due to a technical glitch that would be fixed. But a Telecable official said the cancellation is permanent.

'The company has decided to no longer broadcast CNN on cable television,' a Telecable official told AFP, giving no further details.

Source

#50 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have a theory for that move: Cuba is banning the channel because they feel it was taken over by the Miami-based Cuban opposition. Many of the new faces since the revamp are Cuban Americans or Miamians. I'm not saying the channel is biased now. It's just that the growing spaces given to debate and analysis allow for a variety of guests and a more interactive format that might make the Cuban government feel uncomfortable with the network.

By the way, I found this article the week of the revamp on TeleSUR's website that reads: "CNN gave its 'Spanish-language branch' to the Cuban far-right" (Spanish version).
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#51 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

CNN en Espanol live stream on Justin.tv: http://www.justin.tv/perusalem__tv

#52 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the link. I only wish I could speak Spanish! :lol: But it's interesting to watch how it is presented.

#53 TonyLima

TonyLima

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Lol, it had to be a Peruvian guy who made this possible. Hopefully the account wont be deleted!

CNN en Espanol live stream on Justin.tv: http://www.justin.tv/perusalem__tv

#54 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

The stream's off air now! :(

Edited by peramirez, 03 February 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#55 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

I don't speak Spanish very good, so I'm sorry if this is not entirely accurate, but it seems to me that CNN en Español has a new correspondent. Her name is Vero Balderas Iglesias and she is currently on assignment in Egypt (along with Jose Levy).

From her Twitter bio, looks like she has spent much of her career in the Middle East.

#56 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

I don't speak Spanish very good, so I'm sorry if this is not entirely accurate, but it seems to me that CNN en Español has a new correspondent. Her name is Vero Balderas Iglesias and she is currently on assignment in Egypt (along with Jose Levy).

From her Twitter bio, looks like she has spent much of her career in the Middle East.

She has been a Cairo-based contributor for a long time. She was one of the reporters covering the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami for the network. Her Twitter bio does say she's a correspondent. I'm not sure if she's signed as a full time correspondent, though (thanks to the abandoned website that still recognizes Daniel Viotto as anchor of Encuentro and sports the old logo). I haven't seen an announcement on the air, but that doesn't mean there has not been one.

This is Verónica's MySpace page, full with videos of some of her appearances from 2006 (including a full 30-minute edition of Destinos): Click here.

#57 TonyLima

TonyLima

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Alberto Padilla has left CNN en espanol.

http://twitter.com/#!/PadillaCNN

This is horrible news. Along with Viotto, he was the most respected anchor in the network. I suppose, that the economic news will be Gabriela Frias and Luis Carlos Velez. That is, unless they bring some economic anchor from MEGATV.

Godspeed Alberto!

God help us all!

#58 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

It's horrible indeed. More on Alberto Padilla here.

Do you remember when Daniel Viotto was still hosting the old 1-hour Encuentro and Alberto Padilla was there to do the business segment? No other duo in the history of the network (Jorge Gestoso & Patricia Janiot; Daniel Viotto & Patricia Janiot; Daniel Viotto & Gabriela Frías; Daniel Viotto & Ana María Montero) had that much chemistry. They would discuss all kinds of topics (very fast because, if you didn't know, CNNE was a news channel back then), from the color of their shirts to live production mishaps on air. Oh, the pre-NotiMujer times were so goooood!

It was a little odd that, being Alberto one of the most recognizable faces at the network, he just left without much anticipation. I checked CNN.com/espanol (more on that below) and they did nothing special to say goodbye to him.

MediaMoves reports he was fired and that once again proves how ridiculously inadequate the new management is for the job. They kicked him out because he was unhappy with the changes. He felt alienated and, just like I was speculating the night before his last program, he said he was not the only one. What was different from others was that apparently he was very vocal about it. "This new management is not one that tolerates any questions".

CNÑ already has a replacement. Xavier Serbia, formerly a member of Menudo (just like Ricky Martin, though Xavier left the band before he came) will be the new business anchor. Xavier knows the financial world. He is a financial blogger at Yahoo! and according to his page, he appeared on CNN en Español in the past.

Like I said, Alberto will be missed. Xavier must better learn from Fernando del Rincón's mistakes and start strong if he doesn't want to be compared with Alberto.

I would have preferred a Gabriela Frías takeover of hard business news, since the two financial shows that air at 8pm are going to merge to form CNN Dinero -a very original name, let me say- soon.

Now, let's talk about CNN.com/espanol. They eliminated every trace of the old logo from the website. They updated Nicoletta Smareglia's bio page and used the correct picture. They changed the banner that showed the CNN en Español logo with one with the CNÑ logo and the already aged slogan Vive la noticia ("Live the news"). They deleted the bar above the network's banner that gave you access to the list of programs and reporters. You can still access the bios and the program pages if you have the full address (for example, here's Encuentro con Daniel Viotto) or via the bios pages (just try to access them from Nicoletta's bio). Baloon Boy is still a hot topic. So, they've done more little tweaks and hid the stuff which would require more time to change. In conclusion, what they did was very superficial. It's so superficial anyone can wonder why they didn't do that by Nov 22, 2010, and not three-monts later. I was swearing that, considering Viviana Fernández's bio is still there (she left in 2008), the website revamp process was scheduled to end not before 2014.

And yet they did these changes less than 24 hours after one of my most aggressive posts. If it was all just a big weird coincidence, then too bad for me. But it gives me some hope that the new management or someone at CNÑ or someone with a direct line with someone at the network reads what we write here and that our concerns regarding the integrity of a news source we deeply care about are being heard. Hopefully, we'll see some corrective changes in the next months that will make C-N-Ñ worthy of its middle N again.

But again, one can only hope.

Edited by peramirez, 18 February 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#59 TonyLima

TonyLima

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Well,

Luis Carlos Velez has also left the network. He is now going to be the co-anchor of World Busines Today on CNN International. Poor Gaby, I would not be surprised if she left as well! She is going to be doing a lot for the next few days.

The best people are leaving.

#60 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

hej guys! :wave: I have a question. how many reporters does CNNE have? Do they have reporters in all the different latin american countries?
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users