79 replies to this topic

#21 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

Is CNN en Espanol widely available in America, and is it a free channel part of basic subscriptions, or do you have to pay more to watch it?

#22 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

I feel embarassed to ask this, but here it goes-
-What CNN is available in the whole of Latin America below Panama (countries like Brazil, Argentina, Columbia) where Spanish is not spoken (I guess) I know Chile has its own channel.
-Is CNN en Espanol available in Spain? Or is it just CNN+

#23 fer

fer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

I feel embarassed to ask this, but here it goes-
-What CNN is available in the whole of Latin America below Panama (countries like Brazil, Argentina, Columbia) where Spanish is not spoken (I guess) I know Chile has its own channel.
-Is CNN en Espanol available in Spain? Or is it just CNN+

Hello :wave:
Here in Argentina as well as Latin America we have CNN en Espanol and CNN International
Spain only have CNN+
and now in Chile is available CNN chile
CNN en Espanol has two feeds one for Mexico and another for the rest of Latin America

#24 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

thanks fer for clarifying. :wave:

#25 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

Yes, thanks guys for keeping up to date.

#26 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

Pablo do you know if it's possible to watch Cancha Abierta on the net or find some videos?? I'm interested in the Rafa episode.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#27 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

Pablo do you know if it's possible to watch Cancha Abierta on the net or find some videos?? I'm interested in the Rafa episode.

I'm sorry, I looked for it but couldn't find it. But I heard this week's Talk Asia is dedicated to him.
I'll keep looking around to see if someone posts it and I'll let you know.

About CNN en Espanol, it seems this is not going to stop... Ser Latino en EE.UU. (the Spanish version of Latino in America) became a daily half-hour show the past week, with Patricia Janiot hosting. And now that they change it back and have a regular newscast at 9:00pm ET, it is becoming a weekly segment in Directo desde EE.UU.. So who knows for how long this stuff is going to last? Hopefully it all ends by the end of the year. Hopefully...
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#28 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

Thanks.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#29 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

Does CNNe broadcast any of the weekend shows CNNI has, like Ireport for CNN, Business Traveller etc?
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#30 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:15 AM

Are there any other pan-Latin American Spanish news channels like CNNE? Or does CNNE compete with mostly national news channels? How do CNNE's competitors compare to CNNE?

#31 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:37 AM

This is another show that some could say it's inspired by CNNI programming: Urbano ("Urban"). It premieres on February 28, and for the promo it seems to be CNNE's version of My City_My Life. Apparently, a well-known personality will present the viewers the best places and activities of his/her city. I don't think it'll last just 15 minutes though, as there's no other show that could fill the remaining minutes in the half hour.

I invite you to watch the promo in the Claudia Palacios fan blog: .
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#32 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

I hope Cynthia Hudson (ex Mega TV and Cosmopolitan TV) helps CNNE improve the station's current schedule and programming.
TV Newser:

I hope so, for CNNE's sake. I think you will see at least some sort of visible change on air. Just look what happened to CNNI. It sounds like it's the same deal here, bringing in someone new to implement some changes. Interesting times ahead for CNNE, possibly.

#33 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

CNNI possibly sunk to its lowest point for a period when new management took over. Remember those dark days when everything was just a mess (more than it is these days)? I hope CNNE gets the changes it needs. ie: changes that make the channel better for its viewers. As Lazlo said, possibly exciting times ahead for CNNE! I'm sure peramirez will keep us fully abreast of any developments.

#34 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

I'm sure peramirez will keep us fully abreast of any developments.

Hehe, you almost jinxed it! I've been quiet for a while. But to be honest, there hasn't been anything big to announce.

*The CNNMexico.com 2020 forum was good. I mean, the "social media" section seemed kind of disjointed from the rest of the show, so I give it a 7/10. It's OK for me to give a country special coverage in quiet news times from time to time, as long as it is not a permanent feature of the likes of CNNE's Latino in America last year. If you're going to do a special, do it with a presentation of 1 or 2 hours, repeat it once or twice during the weekend and then send the tape to the video archives. So, bravo to CNNE for not extending it!
The set was nicely built and it really came along with the CNNMexico.com design. If they decide to make a webcast, my opinion is that they should use a studio like that.

#35 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Thanks peramirez. It's a big shame CNNE didn't take coverage of the Moscow bombings more seriously.

#36 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

According to this report, new programming, and the final stage of changes to CNN en Espanol are due to be rolled out in September.

#37 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

^^ Good news for CNNE viewers I guess. It's been a long time coming judging from peramirez's great update posts.

#38 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

That is great to hear. I hope it's true!!

#39 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

I read in the article on the previous page that the "new" CNNE is due in September, but has an actual date been mentioned. It's interesting that CNNI completed their relaunch in September (last year).

#40 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm excited for the viewers of CNNE, as it seems like they have had a turbulent on air experience like we on CNNI did for over a year before the relaunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users