37 replies to this topic

#21 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for the pictures. Just from those snaps it looks like CNNE will have a much better setup than CNNI's fishbowl.

#22 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Carlos Montero posted some pictures of the CNNe control room. It looks a bit more modern compared to CNNI's (at least from what you can tell from the pictures).

http://yfrog.com/hstv6djj
http://yfrog.com/h3a84wvvj

Edited by Gruffny, 26 May 2011 - 12:29 PM.

Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#23 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Is this part of the CNNe set? I only ask because of the CNNe logo on the desk.

http://cnn.com/video.../28/sn.0829.cnn

#24 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Is this part of the CNNe set? I only ask because of the CNNe logo on the desk.

http://cnn.com/video.../28/sn.0829.cnn

Yes, that's the setting used for Deportes CNÑ. It's rarely seen in other shows.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#25 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

This is from last week from the CNNe studio in Washington - the Virginia earthquake caught on camera.

http://cnn.com/video...ake-shaking.cnn

#26 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

I don't know if this has been posted before. It's a tour of CNN en Espanol (before their recent revamp). It was uploaded in 2008.

#27 Bilka

Bilka

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Very cool video. It's nice to see behind the scenes of CNN en Español, even if it was a few years old.

#28 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

The CNNe newsroom looks a lot more modern and fresh than the CNNI newsroom. Image quoted from the CNNee facebook page.

Posted Image

#29 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

I agree. Does anyone have some caps , pics or videos of current CNN en Espanol sets?? Do they inlcude the newsroom view, like in that pic?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#30 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

Here are some caps of the various angles they use in the Atlanta newsroom set.

Attached File  cnnpan.jpg   23.66KB   18 downloads Attached File  encuentrocnn.jpg   22KB   15 downloads Attached File  cnnpanorama.jpg   22.79KB   12 downloads Attached File  cnnnuestromundo.jpg   15.66KB   13 downloads Attached File  cnnencuentrocp.jpg   27.71KB   16 downloads Attached File  cnnmirador.jpg   22.6KB   11 downloads

Those are from four different programs. In fact, the only news shows based in Atlanta that don't use the newsroom set are Café CNÑ, Actualidad en Vivo (window set overlooking the CNN atrium) and Conclusiones (same set as Café, I think).

Edited by peramirez, 25 January 2012 - 02:20 AM.

"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#31 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

I miss the newsroom sets of CNNI, so it is good to see a CNN network that still uses a newsroom set for some news shows. Thanks for posting those pictures.

#32 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

That does look like a really nice little set up. Thanks for the pictures peramirez.

#33 Usoka

Usoka

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Does CNNe have any studios or shows that originate from Latin America?

#34 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yes, the Mexico City bureau produces Mexican-oriented programming: the national newscast Perspectivas, the interview show Aristegui and the weekly talk show México Opina.
Attached File  cnnmex.jpg   20.74KB   8 downloads Attached File  cnnmexaris.jpg   25.65KB   14 downloads Attached File  cnnmexopi.jpg   23.85KB   15 downloads

Then there's, I think, a full studio in Buenos Aires, but I'm not sure about this. There are no shows currently produced from there. However, a few months ago, Café CNÑ was co-hosted from Buenos Aires for a week and that studio seems to be used for satellite interviews now. Maybe it's in the Turner Latin America building.

#35 Xabat

Xabat

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for the caps of the studios peramirez. I guess the same angles would get a little tiresome after a while, but I like the fact CNNe still has a newsroom set for some shows. I'm glad they didn't go the CNNi path and make everything blue and in a box.

#36 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Argentine paper La Nación has a story about CNÑ's studios, focusing on the technology used for the shows.

Some quotes:

One could mistakenly believe that the silence [in the set] is due to the recording of the show, but it is not like that. You don't watch producers running from side to side, with papers and placards in their hands that say what's next or what's to say.

Among the novelties of the network, is a software branded iNews. It is an app created by a programmer that allows the automatization of the creative process. The journalist preparing the scripts can, at the same time, work on the headlines for the TV channel and online, besides separating the 140 characters for Twitter.

Full story in its original Spanish / Google Translate English version

#37 OrosticaPablo

OrosticaPablo

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

The news show "Conclusiones" with Fernando del Rincón is using the CNNi set (studio 4A I think)

#38 fer

fer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

Old set ...

1.png

Edited by fer, 16 April 2014 - 02:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users