7 replies to this topic

#1 Therealdeal

Therealdeal

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

Cafe CNN is actually one of the best shows in the network. I've been watching it from begining to end during my vacation, since I usually only get to see the 6am part and didn't know what you meant wiith your comments on Aseret or the cooking segment. Yes, they do have a replay at 9am, but they replay the 7am wich is mostly news. And they break in to do updates. Just this week they had the second Argentina train crash even before NTN. And those who critcize the Cooking segment fail to see that it only happens once a week, on Fridays. Its a kicker (5 minutes after 15 hours in a week). It's not that bad. I do have to say that although Matt Lauer does them on the Today show, Carlos is too stiff for them. The 6am show is only news, as well as the 7am and the first part of the 8am. The lighter segments where left at the second half of the 8am. If u only watch that hour, of course you can go with the idea that there are no news in there. the anchors are not perfect, but at least they are not the screaming-argumentative type or the dumb-dancing type either. Compared to the Univision or Telemundo shows, Cafe is quite good. I would lower the amount of illegal immigrants talking about their cases, though. And you are right, the 11am news show was needed. Hopefully it will be straight forward news. I'm glad to see Glenda doing news again. Unfortunately I'll go back to work this week and won't be able to see how it goes. Let me know.

#2 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Welcome to the forum! And thanks for clarifying the cooking segment stuff about Café CNÑ. However, I still don't feel any cooking segment with news anchors should have a place in a news network. Leave those gimmicks for broadcast TV. They should use the time to air compelling interviews about current events, read the papers from the region or go deeper into some news stories. You know... they should make us "Live the news", not make us forget about it while they cook.

As for Actualidad en Vivo, I'm not going to be able to watch it either, at least until late October when we all have to change our clocks and then it airs at 1pm in my country. It does feel good though to know that at least for an hour in late morning/early afternoon, there'll be live news in CNÑ. But still, it's very little. This is local network treatment (News at Noon) in an international news network.

Cafe CNN is actually one of the best shows in the network. I've been watching it from begining to end during my vacation, since I usually only get to see the 6am part and didn't know what you meant wiith your comments on Aseret or the cooking segment. Yes, they do have a replay at 9am, but they replay the 7am wich is mostly news. And they break in to do updates. Just this week they had the second Argentina train crash even before NTN. And those who critcize the Cooking segment fail to see that it only happens once a week, on Fridays. Its a kicker (5 minutes after 15 hours in a week). It's not that bad. I do have to say that although Matt Lauer does them on the Today show, Carlos is too stiff for them. The 6am show is only news, as well as the 7am and the first part of the 8am. The lighter segments where left at the second half of the 8am. If u only watch that hour, of course you can go with the idea that there are no news in there. the anchors are not perfect, but at least they are not the screaming-argumentative type or the dumb-dancing type either. Compared to the Univision or Telemundo shows, Cafe is quite good. I would lower the amount of illegal immigrants talking about their cases, though. And you are right, the 11am news show was needed. Hopefully it will be straight forward news. I'm glad to see Glenda doing news again. Unfortunately I'll go back to work this week and won't be able to see how it goes. Let me know.

"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#3 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Here are some pictures from the Café CNN facebook page.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

What does the guy from London do on Cafe CNN? Does he do an update on an international news story or something?

#5 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

What does the guy from London do on Cafe CNN? Does he do an update on an international news story or something?

London-based Samuel Burke is CNÑ's go-to guy for personal tech, internet and social media news and viral content.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#6 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Ah, I see. Thanks. I often see him mentioned in tweets but wasn't sure what he actually did.

#7 baba

baba

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

#8 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

"The 43rd edition of the Daytime Emmys® Award was held yesterday, May 1st in Los Angeles, California, and CNN en Español’s morning show, Café CNN, was recognized for Outstanding Morning Program in Spanish in the United States.

Co-anchors Alejandra Oraa and Maria Alejandra Requena, along with Vice President of Programming and Production for CNN en Español, Eduardo Suarez, were on stage to receive the award on behalf of the entire team. CNN Café was awarded for coverage of the Seventh Summit the Americas in Panama."

http://cnnpressroom....-united-states/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users