10 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

Today we expand CNNfan.org with a dedicated forum for CNN en Español. Previously, all discussions regarding CNN en Español were confined to the one topic. I hope you all find the new forum much easier to find the content you're after.

I have tried to split the previous discussion topic into relevant threads. Unfortunately, there may be a little mashing of topics/issues over several threads. Whilst it would have been ideal to split all posts into clearly defined topics, it became a bit of a challenge when certain discussions were disrupted, or a post covered several different issues/topics. I've used my own discretion in placing the posts in their new topics. It may take a little time for you to pick up where each conversation is sitting, but I hope you will embrace the new forum with as much enthusiasm as our other forums for CNN Domestic, CNN International and HLN.

At this stage, we are going to enforce the overall forum requirement that all posts remain in English. I have had several discussions so far with members who view (and contribute posts about) CNN en Español regularly as to how they feel about relaxing our language requirements and allowing Spanish-only posts in the CNN en Español forum. The deliberations on this issue continues, and the compromise for the foreseeable future will be to allow users to post in Spanish, as long as they provide an English translation within the same post - even if it is a rough English translation via Google translate. CNNfan.org will always firmly remain an English-based discussion forum, but I'm excited about the prospect of possibly seeing new CNN en Español viewers join our community over time. We want to make it as easy as we possibly can for those members to contribute.

The new CNN en Español forum will operate just as the forums for CNN International, CNN Domestic and HLN currently do. Any and all discussion about the network's output will be posted in the forum. Feel free to create topics for the various programs, issues with the channel or anything else you feel deserves a topic. Discussion and topics of CNN en Español anchors and correspondents should still be confined to our current CNN Anchors & Correspondents forum.

Finally, I would like to announce that peramirez has been appointed moderator of the CNN en Español forum. As regular members would be aware, peramirez has been an invaluable contributor when it comes to keeping us informed in the latest news and observations about CNN en Español. He speaks / writes in both English and Spanish, and I think he will do a great job of helping other members of the moderator team keep an eye on the forum - especially when it comes with liaising with members who are native Spanish speakers and not so confident with English.

#2 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Great news. Congratulations to peramirez on your appointment.

#3 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Great news, congrats peramierz! :thumbup:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#4 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

Thanks Morpium, Bubble and ginnyfan!

I'm a firm supporter of the ideals represented by the CNN brand and the people behind the initialism (from anchors and reporters to executives and graphic designers) should never forget that CNN means news, reliability and engaging reporting.

They should be held accountable when they stray off course and be given words of encouragement and recognition when they live up to those ideals.

I registered in the forum back in 2009 because I saw all of you doing just that.

So... let's keep on doing just that. :)
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#5 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Congrats, peramirez.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#6 Michael Isha CNN

Michael Isha CNN

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

congrats peramirez!

#7 CNNEEFans

CNNEEFans

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

Congratulations PeRamirez and thanks a lot can you follow us on twitter to http://twitter.com/cnneefans for more details about CNN en Espanol. Felicidades.

#8 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Felicitaciones!

#9 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Yes, well done peramirez, and I'm very happy to see all the major CNN networks have their own forum now. I imagine it will be quite easier to keep track of CNNe now that it is in line with CNN, CNNI and HLN.

#10 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

^^ Me too Leeroy. I'm so happy to welcome a new section for CNN's 4th network that I have gone ahead and created a few new topics for some shows. I just took the information of the CNNe website/blog.

#11 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

Thank you everyone! Muchas gracias.

And go ahead and create the topics you feel we need. I'll be doing the same.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users