288 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

I just got an updated advance guide and the TBD in the time allocated for Isha's new show has been updated with a working title. I didn't create the topic with this name because, as "working" title suggests, the name may still change. If it does turn out to be the actual name, it's not really along the lines of what I was expecting - not that I had any strong leanings to what the name could/should be.

Attached File  cnnnc.jpg   176.67KB   117 downloads

Once the actual name is revealed, I will change the topic title.

#2 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

Interesting and encouraging that the word "news" is in the title. Hopefully it will be news packed if they end up choosing that name.

#3 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Interesting and encouraging that the word "news" is in the title. Hopefully it will be news packed if they end up choosing that name.

CNN stands for the Cable "News" Network but sometimes I wonder.......

#4 Ayon

Ayon

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

I wonder if Isha will host her new show from the CNN newsroom, like Backstory currently does.

#5 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

^^ I hope so. They can give her a small pod and just do a 30 minute news update from there.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#6 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

I noticed on the latest version of the advance guide for the week commencing April 16 that the show destined for Isha's slot has dropped the (working title) caveat. It's also been Americanized (centre to center). Still no update on CNN Asia Pacific.

Attached File  cnni-wc160412.jpg   63.63KB   54 downloads

#7 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Interesting. Surely they'd have to do it from the newsroom with a name like that, although I note the absence of an actual desk during most of IDesk.

#8 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

They could put a small desk there surely, there's enough space for the desk used on IDesk.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#9 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

My money is on Isha relocating to New York (I think someone here mentioned that her BF lives in NY?) and do the show from the NY control room backdrop.
previosuly kev

#10 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

My money is on Isha relocating to New York (I think someone here mentioned that her BF lives in NY?) and do the show from the NY control room backdrop.

But what would happen then if she had to fill in for another anchor on another show?

#11 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Anxiously awaiting Isha's new show. She tweeted it as being her own show. Will it be "The Isha Sesay Show"? This, of course, is a terrible blow for her few critics.

#12 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Anxiously awaiting Isha's new show. She tweeted it as being her own show. Will it be "The Isha Sesay Show"? This, of course, is a terrible blow for her few critics.

Why is it a blow for anyone who is a critic of her? She already has her own show. And it won't be called The Isha Sesay Show, even CNN International wouldn't be so silly (OK, maybe they would)... It's likely to be CNN Newscenter / Newscentre as said above.

Interesting times ahead for sure, i'm excited to see what they come up with in terms of set design/titles/music.

Also I hope the excellent Jim Clancy may be given a chance to fill in like he does with BackStory at the moment. He really deserves a place in European primetime.

Edited by alexcs, 30 March 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#13 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

alexcs, your comments are like" the pot calling the kettle black. You stated that no one would criticise Isha because she already has a show, then with the same breath you mentioned that CNN would be "silly" to Have the show called "Isha Sesay". What really is your point?

Jim Clancy days are over, most viewers, these days look for youth, vitality and and a lasting impression while presenting, I don't see Mr. Clancy possessing any of those three i mentioned. He had his time, i respected him, now its time to move on. I hope you'll do the same.

Edited by magnel69, 31 March 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#14 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Get over yourself, magnel. People are free to constructively criticize whomever they feel is appropriate - even if it is your beloved Isha.

Please. They're anchors, people. No need to create a personality cult around them.

#15 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

alexcs...You stated that no one would criticise Isha because she already has a show...

That is not what he said. He asked a simple question of why would it be a blow to her critics - she already has a show.

Jim Clancy is CNN's best anchor. Period. Thinking his time is passed is not watching the news for journalistic quality.
But hey, CNN wants to turn its station into the embodiment of "Dirty Laundry" more power to 'em.

#16 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Get over yourself, magnel. People are free to constructively criticize whomever they feel is appropriate - even if it is your beloved Isha.

Please. They're anchors, people. No need to create a personality cult around them.

I am sure you have your anchor(s) whom you worship for no reason(s) If you think that i have formed a personality cult for Isha so be it, after all, I"m loving it. If this personality is what is working for her to charm the CNN Management , viewers and fans, let it be....let it be. We love it. Kudos!!!

#17 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

alexcs...You stated that no one would criticise Isha because she already has a show...

That is not what he said. He asked a simple question of why would it be a blow to her critics - she already has a show.

Jim Clancy is CNN's best anchor. Period. Thinking his time is passed is not watching the news for journalistic quality.
But hey, CNN wants to turn its station into the embodiment of "Dirty Laundry" more power to 'em.

Your words to me are simply like " butter against the sun" or "throwing water on ducks' backs" . Moving on......Isha rules. LOL.

Edited by magnel69, 31 March 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#18 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

You can adore Isha as much as you want, nothing wrong there, just don't put down other people, what you wrote about Jim is not nice, even though sadly it seems like current, terrible CNN managment might feel the same.

As much as you love and admire Isha, she and many other of her age at CNN can not even be put in the same sentance with Jim. Maybe when she gets all those years of experience, covering big events live on the scene, big interviews, dozens of hours on air etc.

#19 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

You can adore Isha as much as you want, nothing wrong there, just don't put down other people, what you wrote about Jim is not nice, even though sadly it seems like current, terrible CNN managment might feel the same.

As much as you love and admire Isha, she and many other of her age at CNN can not even be put in the same sentance with Jim. Maybe when she gets all those years of experience, covering big events live on the scene, big interviews, dozens of hours on air etc.

Should i let people put Isha down? Time and time again people would say nasty things about her, comparing her to older people who have been around for more than a decade to make her look less important. These anchors are usually older and had more experience than her. However, if the CNN Management wants to place her ahead of them in many respects, i'm all for it.

Try reviewing comments made about Isha by these same critics on her other forum and don't give me the innocent " i know it all speech"

Edited by magnel69, 31 March 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#20 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I know many criticised Isha but some of it is caused by some of your posts cause they can get over the top sometimes. You write as if Isha is on the level of Katie Couric or these other big US domestic news names who anchor national news.

Isha is fine and most of us like her. In the past some of us were annoyed by her doing 1 hour IDesk while others were losing slots or doing shorter bulletins but that was not her fault.

Also the criticism here was about the title you suggested, Isha Sesay Show sounds like something for a talk show on an entertainment network. CNNI is not CNN US and even though they do give importance to their anchors most shows have typical news names and not the name of the anchor. Only QMB has Quest in it but it's a biz show and Quest is a funny character.

I guess this will be a straight news bulletin something CNNI really needs more of and I expect the name to be in that fashion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users