288 replies to this topic

#61 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hope Jenny does the weather hit but will be happy if Jen Delgado turns up :)

Assuming the show has weather, then Jen Delgado will definetly turn up on Mondays, and Jenny on Fridays ;-) Would have thought it would fall under Jenny's shift Tue-Thu as she does the weather in W1 when it airs at 3pm doesn't she?

Yes have seen Jenny on W1 when it airs instead of PMT.

#62 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Not Irish? Where are you from?

Didn't know "the penny has dropped" so I googled it. Interesting origin. Have to add it to my vocab. Oxford Dictionary sez spelt is present participle and simple past of spell (Chiefly British.) Spelled is present participle and past simple past of the same word.

No, no... Irish, born and bred. Was just saying that if you thought 'spelt' made me sound Irish, you should hear my accent: Big, fat, Cork accent! I should come with subtitles.
You made me think (and this is totally off thread!), I say and write 'spelt' but I think I use 'learned' as opposed to learnt. Hmmmm

#63 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Synopsis from CNN Asia Pacific:

CNN NewsCenter is the definitive destination for an intelligent, complete global picture of the day's news. Over the course of 30 minutes, we'll take you beyond the headlines and to the heart of every story, with the most compelling video and sound feeding in from around the world. But we'll also shine the spotlight on other stories, some of which are under the radar, but which we believe are just as important. In the CNN NewsCenter you'll hear from underrepresented voices, and from the people at the center of the story. And we'll only bring in our reporters and analysts when they can provide the very latest new information or can add a frontline perspective that is crucial to understanding the story. Smart, dynamic and passionate, CNN NewsCenter won't just keep you informed, we'll keep you on the edge of your seat.

#64 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Didn't know "the penny has dropped" so I googled it. Interesting origin. Have to add it to my vocab. Oxford Dictionary sez spelt is present participle and simple past of spell (Chiefly British.) Spelled is present participle and past simple past of the same word.

No, no... Irish, born and bred. Was just saying that if you thought 'spelt' made me sound Irish, you should hear my accent: Big, fat, Cork accent! I should come with subtitles.
You made me think (and this is totally off thread!), I say and write 'spelt' but I think I use 'learned' as opposed to learnt. Hmmmm

Do you say "tink" instead of "think?" Love Irish accents.

#65 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Synopsis from CNN Asia Pacific:

CNN NewsCenter is the definitive destination for an intelligent, complete global picture of the day's news. Over the course of 30 minutes, we'll take you beyond the headlines and to the heart of every story, with the most compelling video and sound feeding in from around the world. But we'll also shine the spotlight on other stories, some of which are under the radar, but which we believe are just as important. In the CNN NewsCenter you'll hear from underrepresented voices, and from the people at the center of the story. And we'll only bring in our reporters and analysts when they can provide the very latest new information or can add a frontline perspective that is crucial to understanding the story. Smart, dynamic and passionate, CNN NewsCenter won't just keep you informed, we'll keep you on the edge of your seat.

At first I thought that was a joke synopsis until I clicked the link. Seriously, it sounds like a movie, especially the "CNN NewsCenter won't just keep you informed, we'll keep you on the edge of your seat."

#66 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

:rofl: Yeah, it sounds exciting. I expect some very dramatic presentation from Isha.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#67 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'll have to fasten my seatbelt then. Oh wait, I don't have one. Yikes. :o This could knock me down like those dangerous Piers Morgan Interviews that always make me cry :mrgreen:

#68 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Do you say "tink" instead of "think?" Love Irish accents.

You and Gman need to stop using this forum for selfish reasons. Enough of this egoistic "back and forth'. Trying to focus on the serious news..

#69 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

You and Gman need to stop using this forum for selfish reasons. Enough of this egoistic "back and forth'. Trying to focus on the serious news..

There is nothing wrong with a little friendly back and forth in a forum. The posts were not selfish, egotistic or anything else. The abuse you are starting to heap more and more on your fellow forum members is beinging to wear thin.

#70 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

There is nothing wrong with a little friendly back and forth in a forum. The posts were not selfish, egotistic or anything else. The abuse you are starting to heap more and more on your fellow forum members is beinging to wear thin.

You love to use the word "abuse" for no reason, it has become "music to my ears" You should check the other comments made against me on "Isha Sesay Forum" and then re-think what you are saying. There was/were never any warning(s) there. Anyway, have it your way!

#71 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

You love to use the word "abuse" for no reason, it has become "music to my ears" You should check the other comments made against me on "Isha Sesay Forum" and then re-think what you are saying. There was/were never any warning(s) there. Anyway, have it your way!

#72 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

:rofl: Yeah, it sounds exciting. I expect some very dramatic presentation from Isha.

That is what she's good at after all!

Please have respect for Houston, he is a moderator of this forum and deserves to be listened to. None of your recent comments have had anything to do with the topic in hand!

#73 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

That is what she's good at after all!

Please have respect for Houston, he is a moderator of this forum and deserves to be listened to. None of your recent comments have had anything to do with the topic in hand!

Ok, but he should relax. Why is everyone so "sensiitve"? Thanks.

#74 magnel69

magnel69

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

So happy to learn on "CNN Observations" that Isha will also continue to be the permanent of host BackStory.in addition to her new show. Go Isha!!!

#75 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

An alternative show description

Also on 16 April, CNN International will launch ‘CNN NewsCenter’, a half-hour news programme that will air weekdays 2030 BST.
Anchored by CNN’s Isha Sesay and broadcast from CNN’s worldwide headquarters inAtlanta,
‘CNN NewsCenter’ will provide viewers with a complete picture of the day’s global news.
‘CNN NewsCenter’ will continue the editorial pace set by ‘Amanpour’, and offer the latest updates and frontline perspectives on stories that matter to CNN International’s viewers around the world. Sesay, who also appears daily on ‘Anderson Cooper 360’, will bring a passionate and experienced voice to the programme.

http://cnnpressroom....returns-to-cnn/

Edited by excel99, 13 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#76 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

So hard to believe CNNI and CNN/USA generate from the same unit. While CNNI certainly has their problems at least their viewers get a bit of variety with their news programs.

#77 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Turns out "CNN NewsCenter" will actually be "CNN>NewsCenter". Not sure I understand the sense and meaning of ">".

#78 hundnz

hundnz

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Having watched the first few minutes, the programme seems OK. The first part seems to be basically a souped-up headline format - different graphics but essentially no different to the extended headlines which until last week screened just before PMT on the 15:00 ET/19:00 GMT screening.

#79 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Like everything so far, opening is like a white lighter version of WR/W1 style, much better. Also great they broadcast from newsroom.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#80 ttanilsoo

ttanilsoo

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Also liking the show. Also couldn't help but notice the similarity of the Headlines rundown graphic at the beginning of the show and the one seen during the defunct Wake-Up Call with Ali Velshi. But it is great. I hope we're are starting to see a beginning of a better CNN International... Time will tell.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users