#1 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

CNÑ announces that Oppenheimer Presenta, a long running roundtable and analysis show hosted by Andrés Oppenheimer, is going to air on the network on Sundays at 9pm ET, in the feeds for the U.S., Central America, the Caribbean and South America. Mexican viewers will continue to get México Opina in the timeslot.

No word yet if this means the show will be pulled out of syndication or if CNÑ is going to be producing the show. The photo from the CNNEspañol blog shows Andrés in CNÑ's Miami bureau.

I remember watching his show when it aired in a Argentine broadcast network, I read some of his newsapers columns and I've seen him several times in his role of CNN en Español analyst. I like him. However, CNÑ's involvement scares me.

For once, I love how the management is trying to up the level of discourse, but I hope it is Andrés and his team who decide the subjects. I'm sick of Chávez and U.S. primary elections analysis. Presenta discusses a wide range of topics, so I hope that stays put.

I also hope it doesn't resort to frivolous topics like other so-called news shows in the network.

He is seen by many as a right wing analyst. I'm not going to compare him to Bill O'Reilly, but some are going to do that comparison because of some of his columns and opinions expressed in the show. So far, he's been a quiet analyst in his CNÑ appearances, but having his show there changes the rules. Both CNÑ and Andrés have to be careful not to hurt each other's reputation.

Should CNÑ see this as an opportunity to become more opinionated and possibly steal frequent guest Eva Golinger from RT Actualidad? At the moment, no. Let's see how it goes.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#2 CNNEEFans

CNNEEFans

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

No doubt great program,and did not know what was going "Oppenheimer Presenta" only broadcasting in Central America and the U.S. and in Mexico continued with its program "Mexico Opina" regrettable not broadcast in Mexico, many people do not like this concept is sometimes very boring*. Andrés Oppenheimer now has a Mexican tv program on @Foro_tv for which we in Mexico do not see this great program, highly recommended.

* according to people that we comment on twitter: @CNNEEfans

Edited by CNNEEFans, 01 April 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#3 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Well, it looks like Oppenheimer Presenta is indeed being pulled out of all the stations that previously aired it, except for one notable exception, and that's ForoTV, the Mexican Televisa-owned news network. That, according to the show's website. So, CNNEEfans, don't worry, because apparently the same show will air on ForoTV.

Also, the program is being taped in CNÑ Miami, as seen in the pictures posted on the site. And it's also using other resources from the network, like the Buenos Aires and Mexico studios.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

In conclusion, it appears as CNÑ does have a say in the show and it's not just CNÑ acquiring the tape from the producers/distributors (which is what TeleSUR does with Jorge Gestoso's similar program).
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#4 CNNEEFans

CNNEEFans

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

woo w thanks a lot amigo for all very good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users