Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

#2 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

I couldn't watch the network's coverage of the impeachment in Paraguay because my viewing schedule doesn't coincide with the network's only two news blocks of early morning and late afternoon. I changed once to find Obama in a press conference (which I'm sure not even the staff of Directo USA remembers what it was about).

Anyway, I read lots of tweets saying CNÑ's coverage in the late afternoon/evening was good. Not amazing, but good. Except on one thing. There were some complaints about the interviewer who hosted Conclusiones on Thursday, the 21st and Friday, the 22nd, and even though some thought he was Ismael Cala, it was actually regular host Fernando del Rincón.

I got to watch the show on the 22nd and I can't believe he is still doing it. Here you have the first international journalist to interview the new President who was sworn in the midst of a major political crisis that is sure to affect the political dynamic of the entire South America, and somehow the interview becomes, again, dull and almost* unquotable.

*There was one question that actually worked: "Have you received any support from other presidents?" Good work on this as it was an angle not covered before.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#3 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

The show will now come from Miami and have a new “state of the art” studio.

#4 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

Any picturee of the studio?

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users