77 replies to this topic

#21 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Sooooo, are they more likely to give the edge to the BBC b/c it's British?

#22 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

They won! :rofl:  Can you believe it.

EDIT: They already have a special promo about it and their new idents are updated.

BDl_SJmt_CAAAz_Dq_V_jpg_large.jpg

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#23 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Um, CNNI beat BBC in covering Olympics and Diamond Jubilee? Its coverage of, say, French elections had more depth than BBC? Did Tony offer that jury Eye on RTS or something? I'm not claiming 2012 was a complete disaster in terms of CNNI's international coverage, but naming it the news channel of the year is not the idea I would agree with.

#24 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'd guess that this is for its day to day coverage & not its special events coverage.  

#25 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

This is what CNN wrote on its website and that's why I mentioned those specific events.

The network's treatment of stories over the past year -- including the intensifying conflict in the Middle East, elections in the U.S., Egypt, Russia and France, the transition of power in China, economic turmoil in Europe, riots at South African mines, extreme weather, the London 2012 Olympic Games and the Diamond Jubilee celebrations -- won the votes of the jury at the UK-based media society.

http://www.cnn.com/2...cnn-rts-awards/

#26 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

But still, it's for overall coverage and not for a particular event.  You can be first in something and 17hth overall.  Compare to US college ratings --  Tropical Horticulture's department in one of the Florida schools is no doubt # 1 i, but maybe only # 17 overall.  I'm sure the Beeb's coverage of the Jubilee was # 1, but it's coverage of the US elections wasn't.  

#27 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Sure, that's true for US elections and stories like hurricane Sandy. I disagree about most other stories CNN mentions. Besides, one would expect that channel of the year would have been awarded in some other categories. It wasn't.

#28 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I won't say 'yes. I won't say no.  I'll just say maybe  (I think it was Gabby Hayes who said that.)

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 21 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#29 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think the judging panel focused on the excellent parts of CNNI's output and forgot the rest. We all know how CNNI can be exceptionally good when it wants to be, and exceptionally bad at other times

#30 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

At any rate, I'm very happy for CNNi!  Mabrouk!

#31 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

72nd Peabody Awards 

CNN’s Coverage Inside Syria & Homs 2012 (CNN)

CNN

As political unrest in Syria disintegrated in civil war, CNN’s news teams provided unmatched eyewitness documentation, analysis and context.

CNN’s thorough, voluminous and well-contextualized “Coverage Inside Syria and Homs 2012. ... was awarded a Peabody.

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 27 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#32 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

endless_news_logo.jpg

08 THE DAVID KAPLAN AWARD
2012award_08_cnn.jpg

Award Date: 

Award Name: 
 08 The David Kaplan Award
Award Recipient: 
 Anonymous CNN Correspondent and Photojournalist, Tamara Hunt, Tony Maddox, Parisa Khosravi, Deborah Rayner and the CNN International Newsgathering Staff
Award Recipient Affiliation: 
 CNN
Award Honored Work: 
 Damascus Undercover

CNN’s harrowing reporting from Damascus represents true bravery in the face of danger. The reporter and crew, unable to identify themselves in order to protect their Syrian helpers, uncovered fresh killings of civilians by the Syrian Army. Their work provides an all too important voice to those who have been oppressed and have survived some of the most horrific conditions of war, all the while putting their own personal safety at risk.

#33 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

"CNN has won three awards over the past 24 hours. The network won two awards at the Radio/Television Correspondents’ Association Dinner last night and a Livingston Award for an online multimedia feature this afternoon."

#34 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Someone recently posted something about 12 Emmy Awards with a photo montage.  Tried to find it on CNN, but can't (I think they have a v.v. user unfriendly website.) and on the Official Emmy Awards site, but unable to locate.  Could you repost her?  Thanks.  

#35 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Three news and documentary Emmys, including Nick Paton Walsh for outstanding writing: Nick Paton Walsh: Reports from Syria and Afghanistan

#36 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

CNN got one for coverage of the US election and also for one Anderson Cooper did on children's view of Racism.  All three were excellent.  

#37 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Not so sure about this one.  List of of the 100 Most Influential Journalists Covering Armed Violence includes Piers Morgan.  I kid you not!  Here's the link to others on the list who are far less controversial.  http://t.co/wvKA1fLx98

#38 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

RTS Awards Nominations time again - http://www.rts.org.u...awards-20122013

CNN are nominated for:

Camera Operator of the Year - Mark Phillips

News Channel of the Year

News Coverage International - Typhoon Haiyan

#39 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Anyone know anything about Mark Phillips?

#40 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Not so sure about this one.  List of of the 100 Most Influential Journalists Covering Armed Violence includes Piers Morgan.  I kid you not!  Here's the link to others on the list who are far less controversial.  http://t.co/wvKA1fLx98

Funny I started reading this post and disagreeing with it and then I realized that I was the one who wrote it.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users