77 replies to this topic

#41 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Anyone know anything about Mark Phillips?

Yeah, he's an Australian cameraman married to one of Andrew's former co-hosts (Veronica Pedrosa) and won an ATA award along with Anna. Has done many assignments for CNN including several from Afghanistan

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#42 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Thanks.  I'll see if I can find some of his work.  i wish CNN would identify the photographers on their photos.  

#43 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

I ran his name & discovered that he was the cameraman on the Anna Coren reports from Afghanistan series of reports that ran last year.  she got an award for it from Asia -- so it makes sense that he is up for an award.  

#44 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

CNN International was named News Channel of the Year for the second year running, beating out the BBC and Sky News. CNN also won the News Coverage award for their reporting on Typhoon Haiyan.

http://www.mediabist...s-award_b214115

And CNN sez:  http://edition.cnn.c...ards/index.html

And more from CNN:  http://cnnpressroom....nsecutive-year/

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 20 February 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#45 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Credit where credit is due. I'm the one always complaining about the lack of news on CNNi and some of its editorial decisions (too much CNN domestic programs, too much infomercials labeled as news specials etc). But I've gotta say that CNNi news programs are far more engaging and interesting to watch than those of AJE and the BBC - although these news channels give a more comprehensive look from all corners. So, the Best News Channel award is a deserved one.

That, however, doesn't exclude the fact that there is A LOT of space to improve - how about getting rid of all THREE unnecessary airings of Piers Morgan and even AC360 - the show has become a joke, IMO? Not to mention Crossfire.

#46 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

When CNN is good, it's very good. The award for Haiyan coverage is very well deserved. And of course that wasn't the only exceptional reporting on CNNI in the last year. But certainly room for improvement still

#47 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Congrats!
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#48 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

Have to agree that Ms. Bargir & NPW's reports were top notch.  

#49 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

Retweeted by Kareem Khadder

Congratulations to #CNN's Fred Pleitgen @fpleitgenCNN and Claudia Otto who won a Headliner Award for Environmental Reporting on Greenland!

#50 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Anthony Bourdain is grateful for the Peabody Award which was presented to his CNN show “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown” today. But he tells TVNewser he leaves the programming, ratings and other network matters to others.

“I’m grateful that, for whatever reason, CNN has chosen to allow us the budget, the resources, and the support to go out and make some pretty strange and fun television,” Bourdain told TVNewser on the red carpet of the 73rd annual ceremony this afternoon. “Who’s watching it, whether males, 25-30, I frankly just don’t much give a f*ck.”

“I make the show. I’m glad that anyone’s looking at it,” said Bourdain, who is among several hosts taking over CNN’s 9pm timeslot starting tonight.

http://www.mediabist...evision_b225470

#51 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

CNN Wins Golden Nymph Award for Reporting in Ukraine

#52 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

cnneeprlarge.jpg

CNN en Espanol's CLIX wins Daytime Emmy

Last night in Los Angeles, CNN en Español’s Clix was honored as the Outstanding Entertainment Program in Spanish at the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.  More than 1,400 entries were submitted this year, recognizing outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production.

From CNN Press Room

Addendum: Patricia Janiot was nominated for Daytime Talent in Spanish. CNNEE's "Destinos" and "Showbiz" were also nominated for Outstanding Entertainment Program in Spanish.

Edited by MVJR4, 23 June 2014 - 11:38 PM.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#53 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Two wins at the Documentary Emmys last night.

CNN photojournalist Mark Phillips won for his video work from Afghanistan and the Philippines.

The CNN en Español primetime program Panorama Mundial also earned an Emmy.

#54 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

Isn't he the photographer that was with Ivan Watson on the rescue helicopter in Iraq?

#55 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

Isn't he the photographer that was with Ivan Watson on the rescue helicopter in Iraq?

Yes.

#56 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

New Global Survey Ranks CNN As Top International News Brand  - http://cnnpressroom....nal-news-brand/  
The latest IPSOS Affluent Global survey reaffirms CNN as the leading international news brand, reaching an unrivaled four out of 10 upscale consumers and decision-makers in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America.

Edited by Norwegian viewer, 01 November 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#57 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

http://cnnpressroom....s-full-details/

CNN gets 2 Peabodies (Peabody Awards): one for the Bring Back Our Girls blanket coverage and one for Drew Griffith's investigation into the US VA (Veteran's Agency) misdoings.  Good work! 

#58 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

http://cnnpressroom....s-full-details/

CNN gets 2 Peabodies (Peabody Awards): one for the Bring Back Our Girls blanket coverage and one for Drew Griffith's investigation into the US VA (Veteran's Agency) misdoings.  Good work! 

Even if some thought Isha got to emotional/opinionated during the coverage she certainly achieved what most journalists aim to do on a day-to-day basis: inform on what is happening and hopes their work brings about change.  

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#59 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

She became a little more Amanpour and a little less proper English woman, didn't she, JD? 

#60 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

She became a little more Amanpour and a little less proper English woman, didn't she, JD?

Yeah, kimd of. Icant think of anyone who shows their passion as much as these two, especially Christiane.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users