10 replies to this topic

#1 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

I remember someone saying Amanpour was supposed to air on CNÑ. Is the show on and were there any significant schedule changes?

#2 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

I haven't heard that. Sure, shortly after her return to CNN was announced, she was a guest in CNÑ's primetime analysis and opinion show Conclusiones. But Amanpour. does not air on the network, at least for now.

I wouldn't mind a weekly 30 min recap of her CNNI show during CNÑ's pathetic excuse of weekend schedule, but I think it's too hard-newsy for CNÑ. Maybe if Christane were to give fashion advice or interview zookeepers and telenovela stars instead of world leaders, this management could think about it.

Edited by peramirez, 09 May 2012 - 03:37 PM.

"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#3 Frankie

Frankie

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm sure they made a big deal out of the show airing on CNNe as well. I wonder what happened?

#4 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

I, too, wonder why they promoted it, but I'm not surprised that they aren't airing it - i'm sure translating it into spanish/subtitling would be a laborous process and I'm not sure how relevant some of the guests would have been to CNN en Espanol's audience.

#5 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

I think they will air it later on. CNNEEfans retweeted a photo of a CNÑ executive in Amanpour.'s NY set yesterday.

And that executive tweeted:

With Cristian Amanpour in her set in NY. Soon in CNNE pronto Amanpour en CNNE! Se imaginan?

Posted Image
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#6 CNNEEFans

CNNEEFans

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hey Ramirez is tha same we post on @CNNEEfans right but its ok just I make a post about that.

#7 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Yes, CNNEEfans, the credit is yours, as I posted. I still haven't found a confirmation other than that tweet.

#8 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Confirmed: CNN en Español is going to air one of the editions of Amanpour., from the previous week, every weekend.

The CNÑ blog points at what times the show is scheduled to air.

The blog post also says out that viewers in the U.S. will not be able to watch this weekly offering. I guess ABC News has something to do with it.

The first airing on Amanpour. on CNÑ will be tomorrow, July 7.

Saturday
7:00PM ET
11:30PM ET
Sunday
5:00AM ET
8:30AM ET
5:00PM ET
Monday
4:30AM ET

#9 CNNEEFans

CNNEEFans

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Every Saturday at 7 pm ET on CNN en Español.

#10 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

I guess it's a subbed (or dubbed) best-of airing of Christiane's interviews, right?
previosuly kev

#11 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

It's subtitled. And it's a replay of a weeks-old interview.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users