Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

Those pics are fantastic!

They seem so at ease.

I don't get to see Newsroom much on weekends because I tend to be unconscious but it looks as if they get on!

#42 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:19 AM

I saw them today and they looked very ill at ease with each other.  Both of them were leaning away from the other.  I chalked it off to the chairs being too close to each other. For a brief period they switched to some padded chairs and they looked more comfortable  Some people don'y like to sit that close teach other.  And maybe the chairs were uncomfortable, too.  

I was glad to see that, in other circumstances, they looked comfortable with each other.  ,

#43 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

I saw them today and they looked very ill at ease with each other.  Both of them were leaning away from the other.  I chalked it off to the chairs being too close to each other. For a brief period they switched to some padded chairs and they looked more comfortable  Some people don'y like to sit that close teach other.  And maybe the chairs were uncomfortable, too.  

I was glad to see that, in other circumstances, they looked comfortable with each other.  ,

I agree Carolina, I don't know but there's somethign a bit cold about George, and I don't know what. Natalie shines when she's solo, but then she does when presenting with Errol and Rosemary etc. Then again, I'm not overly keen on George.

#44 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

George hasn't been an anchor very long, has he?  He'll probably mellow out with time.  

#45 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

vlcsnap_2015_05_09_10h01m19s52.jpg

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#46 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

vlcsnap_2015_06_19_08h30m49s173.pngvlcsnap_2015_06_19_08h30m51s181.png

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#47 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

vlcsnap_2015_06_21_11h24m48s66.jpg

#48 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

vlcsnap_2015_07_10_09h01m09s43.pngvlcsnap_2015_07_10_09h08m54s84.png

#49 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

vlcsnap_2015_07_17_09h10m19s156.jpg

#50 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

vlcsnap_2015_07_24_08h30m56s5.pngvlcsnap_2015_07_24_08h31m00s41.pngvlcsnap_2015_07_24_08h31m08s117.png

#51 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

Jordy, this one is for you...

I seem to remember you mentioning somewhere (!) that you dislike Isa because of her hesitation or confusion with the autocue.

What do you think of George? I've yet to see a news bulletin where he doesn't stumble over a lot of the content. Even CNN News Now has a few stumbles despite being only about three minutes long.

Doesn't bother me but I'm wondering what you think?

#52 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

I seem to remember you mentioning somewhere (!) that you dislike Isa because of her hesitation or confusion with the autocue.

What do you think of George? I've yet to see a news bulletin where he doesn't stumble over a lot of the content. Even CNN News Now has a few stumbles despite being only about three minutes long.

A lot of the new anchors do that. I think it's a much tougher job than we think it is.  

#53 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

TBH - I can't remember seeing him slip up, and I think he's one of the newbies that is actually very good. Maybe because I've not seen him as much as others, but I've seen quite a bit.

He's not as good as Errol, though! But that's just personal opinion. :)

Good memory about Isha - even I can't remember saying that! lol. I like Isha though.

Edited by Jordy, 08 August 2015 - 07:23 PM.

#54 NewsBuff24/7

NewsBuff24/7

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

Here's a video of Powell grilling Tom Harper, a home affairs correspondent for the Sunday Times in London. Boy, did Harper say a lot of Ums! http://m.youtube.com...h?v=prj0-BW34wI I first saw George Howell during the coverages of the 2014 Mall of Columbia shooting and 2014 Washington mudslide, and he was spot-on. Straightforward and no choke-ups. Keep it up, George! :)

Edited by NewsBuff24/7, 08 August 2015 - 09:00 PM.

"THIS IS CNN" -James Earl Jones, 1990-present

#55 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

Here's a video of Powell grilling Tom Harper, a home affairs correspondent for the Sunday Times in London. Boy, did Harper say a lot of Ums! http://m.youtube.com...h?v=prj0-BW34wI I first saw George Howell during the coverages of the 2014 Mall of Columbia shooting and 2014 Washington mudslide, and he was spot-on. Straightforward and no choke-ups. Keep it up, George! :)

the interviewee at the start of the video... thought it was Ivan Watson for a minute with erm, um, erm, um, erm. :)

#56 NewsBuff24/7

NewsBuff24/7

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

the interviewee at the start of the video... thought it was Ivan Watson for a minute with erm, um, erm, um, erm. :)

Lol.

"THIS IS CNN" -James Earl Jones, 1990-present

#57 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

TBH - I can't remember seeing him slip up, and I think he's one of the newbies that is actually very good. Maybe because I've not seen him as much as others, but I've seen quite a bit.

Good memory about Isha - even I can't remember saying that! lol. I like Isha though.

Isa Suarez, not Isha!

#58 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:12 AM

Isa Suarez, not Isha!

Ah!, just realised now. Yes, Isa Soares, hesitation and very confused should be her middle names.

#59 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

Isa Suarez, not Isha!

Ah!, just realised now. Yes, Isa Soares, hesitation and very confused should be her middle names.

Errol is not a new anchorperson.  He was an anchor in the ME for a few years.  

#60 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:19 AM

Lol.

Hey now, be kind.  (hahahaha)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users