4 replies to this topic

#1 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

So, remember when CNN en Español revamped and I said the channel almost felt like it was competing against U.S. Hispanic networks Telemundo and Univisión instead of acting like a 24/7 news channel?

Well, they are now doing that unequivocally with a new channel. The CNN en Español division of CNN is launching CNN Latino, a "programming block", it says, that will air from 3-11 pm in an over-the-air Los Angeles station, with "a locally produced debate show, along with unique lifestyle, documentary and talk programs and will engage with its audience through social media, local events and website". At first, I thought it was going to be a simulcast of CNÑ, since that's CNÑ 101, but then I re-read the "locally produced" part.

The press release says CNN Latino will also have its own section at the CNNEspanol blog. :rolleyes: I guess they are adding a new tag to the ol' blog.

It also says that the "affiliate stations" will also get a section on the blog.

I hope this means CNN Latino takes all the national broadcast feeling away from CNÑ. Maybe CNÑ can be an international 24/7 news channel again.

The press release can be found at Business Journal. CNÑ's blog has a Spanish version.
"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."
Former CNÑer Alberto Padilla to MediaMoves.com

#2 fer

fer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

CNN Latino slogan is "Todo es posible" which means "Everything is Possible". Starts airing on Monday

http://edition.cnn.c...rief/?hpt=us_c2

CNN Latino set in Los Angeles:

BBakhNkCQAA0SsS.jpg%20large.jpg

#3 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Apparently (it is a CNN-wide policy to never update programming information in their websites in time, after all), this is the schedule of CNN Latino, with all times p.m. PT.

3:00 Magazine CNN

3:30 CNN Vida

4:00 Archivo CNN

5:00 Nuestro Mundo

5:30 Cruzando Fronteras

6:00 Showbiz Latino

6:30 Panorama USA

7:30 Contrastes

8:00 Sin Límites

9:00 Cala (CNÑ simulcast)

10:00 Conclusiones (CNÑ simulcast)

10:30 Cruzando Fronteras

Other CNÑ programs Choque de Opiniones, Aristegui and Destinos will apparently air on weekends.

It's interesting that the one news program that I thought would simulcast is not there. Directo USA, what happened?

The launch of Panorama USA means Fernando del Rincón has left CNÑ's flagship newscast Panorama Mundial. (Hooray!)

"This new management is not one that tolerates any questions. The changes are alienating the public who has been loyal to the network for so many years. They're looking for a new audience. But if you read the comments on the social network sites, the viewers are not pleased with what they see on the air."

#4 peramirez

peramirez

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

This is what CNN Latino looks like on the air. Notice that it's basically the same as CNÑ, except the text bubble doesn't necessarily adjust to the content. Also, it has a fading effect instead of the expanding one and the text bubble, gizmo and logo bubble are not aligned.

Oh, and the "CNN Latino section" is just a new tag in the ol' blog and a fancy header. Two and a half weeks in, and I still can't find CNN Latino programming information nor CNN Latino videos there, just random articles of U.S. news tagged "CNN Latino".

#5 fer

fer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

CNN LATINO ends this month 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users