• 2,532 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

07/24/13

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#42 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I don't like that the Lead tries to be organized, but could be better. The fact that their can be two segments for the same Lead but some Leads are never mentioned in an episode is what I'm on about. Also, The Lead limits itself to the number of stories it can fit on the wall. I'd like to see a little shakeup. 

Let's say the first segment is the Politcs Lead, after the top story, or before, give a rundown of headlines for that Lead. Good headlines. Like 1-2 minutes of headlines for that category. And try to get through every Lead, if just the headlines. That way you have some good recaps to put on the CNN.com site for people that want a quick rundown and not a huge discussion on everything. And if a second story fits into the same lead,try to group them or simply go back that lead later in the program. I mean, I like my news to be fast paced and cover a lot. But that's just me. 

Especially on the Poltics Lead and the Money Lead I'd love to see more of a roundup of what's going on. 

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#43 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

They don't always limit to the wall. I think Wednesday had 8 leads: World, World, National, National, Politics, Buried, Pop, & Money. I think the only one they've missed like everyday this week is sports. Maybe a sports producer is off? That's not all that relevant to what we're talking about though.

#44 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Brianna Keilar is filling in for Jake Tapper today! Smart move on CNN's part! The more Brianna the better!

Attached Files

#45 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Brianna Keilar is filling in for Jake Tapper today! Smart move on CNN's part! The more Brianna the better!

I don't understand. Berman said he'd be there all week. Is Friday not part of the week anymore?

#46 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

I don't understand. Berman said he'd be there all week. Is Friday not part of the week anymore?

The one thing you should know about CNN is that nothing is ever fixed in stone.   Schedules aren't going to be accurate much of the time.  It isn't done to bother you.  

#47 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

The one thing you should know about CNN is that nothing is ever fixed in stone.   Schedules aren't going to be accurate much of the time.  It isn't done to bother you.  

It's not just Berman. CNN seems to be considering Friday such a different day. I'm going off topic, sorry, but Amanpour said that today's show was a special weekend edition when she opened at 3PMET. 

And I know nothing is set in stone. It's so unpredicatable sometimes. That's why I don't think many of them have strong go to fill ins. 

But we finally saw a sports lead. 

#48 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

It's not just Berman. CNN seems to be considering Friday such a different day. I'm going off topic, sorry, but Amanpour said that today's show was a special weekend edition when she opened at 3PMET. 

And I know nothing is set in stone. It's so unpredicatable sometimes. That's why I don't think many of them have strong go to fill ins. 

But we finally saw a sports lead. 

IMs. Amanpour works 4 day weeks at CNN so it's a weekend edition.  The weekend shows all may be special.    She also works at ABC.  Global Exchange is on Sunday-Wed.  in deference, I think, to the Moslem weekend (Fri & Sat)  I never tape anything on it so the changes don't bother me that much unless Hala Gorani isn't on.  

By the way, you shouldn't take me seriously too often.  

#49 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

Global Exchange does abbreviated Thursday editions without John. And Christiane doesn't work for ABC anymore. When she left "This Week" she was the "ABC Chief Global Affairs Anchor" but she's gone now. She hasn't been there for a good year?

#50 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

She still works for ABC.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=11208824

#51 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Global Exchange does abbreviated Thursday editions without John. And Christiane doesn't work for ABC anymore. When she left "This Week" she was the "ABC Chief Global Affairs Anchor" but she's gone now. She hasn't been there for a good year?

Yep, as I said, she still works for ABC.

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 27 July 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#52 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

I apologize. With all the work she's been doing with CNN International and CNN U.S. and the lack of her presence really at all on ABC led me to believe she's gone

#53 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

Understandable.  

#54 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

If anyone has recorded "The Lead" opening or a montage of the show, I would really appreciate it if you posted it online on YouTube. I don't care what day it's from, I just really like the open but don't have the ability to record it myself.

#55 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

If anyone has recorded "The Lead" opening or a montage of the show, I would really appreciate it if you posted it online on YouTube. I don't care what day it's from, I just really like the open but don't have the ability to record it myself.

Found

Edited by fanUSANYC, 03 August 2013 - 06:18 AM.

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#56 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

Thank you so much for finding this! This is an awesome show! Maybe Primetime worthy!

#57 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

It's doing very well where it is.

#58 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

It was the most watched show on CNN in the month of July

#59 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Exactly. Why push it to primetime? It's established a 'uge viewer base

#60 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

I find it interesting Anderson's 10pm replay gets more views than The Situation Room, OutFront. I also find it interesting that CNN Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin gets more views than Erin Burnett, OutFront

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users