2347 replies to this topic

#41 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

I was thinking that as well - I was really annoyed at myself for not capping it when I first saw it yesterday, so thanks for yours Houston. I believe it used the be called 'The Inbox'. The new graphics and the new name ('Your Views') are better in my opinion. :D

#42 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

seen that before... quite annoyed.
looks to me that some CNN USA people got into International and wanna mess up CNNI.

i like the simple "The Inbox" before...

#43 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

Nah, I think those flying boxes are great
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#44 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

seen that before... quite annoyed.
looks to me that some CNN USA people got into International and wanna mess up CNNI.

i like the simple "The Inbox" before...

Those flying boxes and the all the new graphics is a much improvement in CNNi. Looks great. I need even more flashier stuff. Have you noticed the 'whoosh' seperator during the headlines these days, much like CNNUS, great.

#45 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:06 PM

I think the new graphics additions over the last few weeks on CNNI are a great improvement - they make it much less bland than it was before. I just hope they have some more up their sleeves to come later this year. :D

#46 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:09 AM

I think the new graphics additions over the last few weeks on CNNI are a great improvement - they make it much less bland than it was before. I just hope they have some more up their sleeves to come later this year. :D

I agree, but I hope they stick with the roots of CNNi if you know what I mean!

#47 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hey Guys,

I just found this pretty cool website which is the company which created the CNNi graphics. Lots of informative information to read :)

http://www.cc-lab.com/work/Film/CNNI

#48 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

Ah! i've seen that...

#49 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

That's really interesting David - it explains a lot of the things about CNNI's graphics, and the meaning behind them. Thanks for the link. :D

#50 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

I dont know where to keep this but I noticed that the weather segments are now from the chroma-keyed blue backgrounds.

#51 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:05 AM

I dont know where to keep this but I noticed that the weather segments are now from the chroma-keyed blue backgrounds.

Maybe they wanted to employ the video wall that used to be the "weather center" for news presentation only... Two weeks ago or so Rosemary was standing in front of that video wall and and handing over to Guillermo at the "weather center". That was the first time I noticed that something has changed.

#52 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

I've not noticed that :shock: - I'll pay more attention to the weather next time it's on. (By the way, for anyone who doesn't know what chroma-keyed means, it's where they present in front of a blue screen and a computer puts an image onto it before it is broadcast - I've never heard it called this before)

Two weeks ago or so Rosemary was standing in front of that video wall and and handing over to Guillermo at the "weather center".

They could still do that by using pre-recorded weather. Or you may be right, and it's now chroma-keyed

#53 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

Has anyone noticed that the people in the gallery are becoming more and more impatient? Recently, I've observed that for the opening titles, the first headline graphic is often popping out before the Hong Kong sparkle. Also, I've noted at least a few occasions where the second part of the opening title (i.e. the title card) pops up before the anchor finishes saying "blah, blah, blah, this is Your World Today". It's happened to Hala on YWT. Where's the train, people?!
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#54 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

I've noticed that too - I wish they'd space out the openings more.

Talking of the control room, I don't think there have been as many shots of it on YWT recently :cry: :cry: :cry: - is it just me, or are they using it less?

#55 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Looks like some new Stock Market images used on CNN Today this morning;

Attached Files

#56 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

I really like that! Did they use it for Europe too? I suppose it wouldn't work for the US, since they're all in NY.

They just used the normal stock information graphics on YWT. :cry:

Thanks for sharing it David! 8)

#57 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

You never know what they'll do for the US! They may also highlight the Mexican and Canadian stock markets aswell... who knows :P

#58 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Looks like some new Stock Market images used on CNN Today this morning;

It's now been two years this month since the overhaul of CNNI's graphics - It's nice to see something different.

#59 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

I saw that too, looks great. they actually spin the whole world, and show the major markets. So cool!

#60 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

CNNI have tweaked their ticker just a little bit. They've added "cnn.com" to the right hand side.

It seems a bit pointless - Just less room now to squeeze actual news in the ticker.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users