1036 replies to this topic

#1 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

As news warrants, CNN International and CNN U.S. will simulcast each other. This will be a good place to post any non-scheduled simulcasts we see (that is: breaking news coverage, special reports etc).

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

Wednesday - 0900GMT: Todd Benjamin just reported breaking news for CNNI and CNNUS. Viewers in America returned to regular scheduled programming after around 7 minutes.

#3 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

Monita and Adrian did the same throughout CNN Today.

#4 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:35 PM

CNNI has been simulcasting CNNUS for quite some time over the last 20 hours or so. Wish it was for better circumstances though.

My one complaint is CNNI cutting in to the coverage at odd points to offer an international perspective, and to report other news. I wish CNNI would just wait until a commercial break on CNNUS before they opt out. They used to, but now it seems to be more hodge podge.

#5 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

The VT shootings are tragic, and maybe it's because all three news channels here are covering it 24/7, but is the rest of the world so fascinated with it that 24 hours after the event CNNI is still running CNNUS? I would rather see CNNI stay with it's own programming.

#6 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

The VT shootings are tragic, and maybe it's because all three news channels here are covering it 24/7, but is the rest of the world so fascinated with it that 24 hours after the event CNNI is still running CNNUS? I would rather see CNNI stay with it's own programming.

I actually have been real busy these past two days, so I wasn't hable to watch much of CNNI or any other channel. But I arrived home yesterday and there is the massacre news, I wake up today and still were the massacre news, and then I arrived home and guess what what was on CNNI? :shock:
LIke I said it was tragic, but there are lots of things that happening in the world. CNNI is broadcast for more then 200 countries, like their anchors reminds, time to time, I wonder how many people are interested to have a cover of it 24/7 a day? Specially when those news are mainly of US interest, related to government/politicals USA faces and events. How many people in those, more then 200, countries, to which CNNI broadcasts to, really know who they are, and I wonder how many of them do even care?
IF CNN has CNNUS, I don't see the point they use all CNNI schedule to cover an event, that is mostly of USA concern.
THe Virginia Massacre it's tragic, and sad, but unfortunally, will not be the last one. It's time that we all should deliberate why these type of events are becoming so frequent now days and start to think to do something about it.
But, If a similar event like this was taken in other no-USA country, like England, FRance, etc., would they have the same CNN time coverage as these one? I don't think so.

#7 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

Indeed. Although CNNI has returned to normal programming now, I think they went overboard. I can understand the non-stop simulcast for the first couple of hours, but not for what actually turned out to be the best part of 24 hours.

But, If a similar event like this was taken in other no-USA country, like England, FRance, etc., would they have the same CNN time coverage as these one? I don't think so.

Probably not.

#8 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

They need to simulcast during the nights here in North America. I don't want to watch Larry King or Anderson Cooper from 12 until 5. Lets get some live news

#9 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

Last night we got CNNI (unfortunately, Sasha) when the mine owner went on live to update the situation. Then, US went back to to reruns - which were all about the mine disaster. But after the live update - those reruns were no longer the correct current information. Bad decision to run out of date material.

#10 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

Last night we got CNNI (unfortunately, Sasha) when the mine owner went on live to update the situation. Then, US went back to to reruns - which were all about the mine disaster. But after the live update - those reruns were no longer the correct current information. Bad decision to run out of date material.

They should just have it run all damn night.

#11 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

As a 24 News Channel, CNN NAm should always bring LIVE News Updates on the channel...
why don't they just show CNN International at least every t.o.t.h. then shortened version of their programmes when it's time for reruns...

not just Your World Today at Noon...

In speaking of Breaking News:
it's about the Philippine Hostage situation...
the ticker of CNN NAm on top of CNNI's ticker
plus the "International" DOG, they make me sick.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=G74J0wFa7aI

#12 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:16 AM

As a 24 News Channel, CNN NAm should always bring LIVE News Updates on the channel...
why don't they just show CNN International at least every t.o.t.h. then shortened version of their programmes when it's time for reruns...

not just Your World Today at Noon...

In speaking of Breaking News:
it's about the Philippine Hostage situation...
the ticker of CNN NAm on top of CNNI's ticker
plus the "International" DOG, they make me sick.

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=G74J0wFa7aI

Hahaha, the CNN USA ticker is awful to CNNi :P

#13 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

Our American friends awake at 5am (ET) would have seen Adrian for 15 minutes as CNNI was simulcast with the latest developments from Myanmar.

#14 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

Our American friends awake at 5am (ET) would have seen Adrian for 15 minutes as CNNI was simulcast with the latest developments from Myanmar.

If I had only been awaken by lightening an hour earlier! There was also a CNNi to CNN USA simulcast when Warren Jeffs had been sentenced. I watched on Vingo, and I had seen Carol Costello and Wolf Blitzer!

#15 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:57 PM

Was there any simulcasts today, with the Nobel Prize story??

#16 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

Was there any simulcasts today, with the Nobel Prize story??

Yes, for about half an hour. CNNUS simulcast CNNI with Owen Thomas in London and Jon Mann in Atlanta.

#17 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Thanks. :D .

#18 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:05 AM

Were their any simulcasts due to the bombings in Pakistan? They should've if they didnt, so they didnt have to keep shuffling Dan Rivers between CNNi and CNN USA

#19 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Right now CNNi is simulcasting CNNU.S with Breaking news "L.A. County fire".

#20 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:42 PM

Right now CNNi is simulcasting CNNU.S with Breaking news "L.A. County fire".

Is it just me, or would I be correct thinking that people outside of the US could care less then watching some fires thousands of miles away?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users