1036 replies to this topic

#21 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:31 AM

Currently simulcasting AC360 for the breaking news out of California. Seriously, they need to slow down on the simulcasting on this issue, I don't know if people from Africa could possibly care about fires, they want to know about their international issues.

#22 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

CNNi is simulcasting CNN U.S with Shuttle Landing.

#23 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

I've watched a few shuttle landings now, and every time seems as amazing as the last - I don't know why, but it just feels so good when those wheels touch the ground. :D This is one time when I've got no problems with simulcasting CNN/US. :D

#24 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:02 AM

Shuttle landings on CNN US are the best. Especially when Miles O'Brien pops in for tea and crumpets he always extends your knowledge to how it happens and what they need to do.

#25 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

That man (Miles) is insane, but he always tells you something interesting you didn't know. :D Nice to see him, but only in small portions. :lol:

#26 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

That man (Miles) is insane, but he always tells you something interesting you didn't know. :D Nice to see him, but only in small portions. :lol:

Like Rick Sanchez? ;)

Miles does have some strange elements, hense why he really didn't fit in on the Situation Room!

#27 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

Like Rick Sanchez? ;)

Miles does have some strange elements, hense why he really didn't fit in on the Situation Room!

Oh no, Rick Sanchez is unbeatable!

#28 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

Like Rick Sanchez? ;)

Oh no, Rick Sanchez is unbeatable!

Thats what I think, but so many people I know say that he has too much energy for the 2000 shows ;P Rick is my hero.

#29 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:12 AM

CNNi is simulcasting CNN U.S.
Shooting at Omaha.
Rick Sanchez.

My brain hurts now.

#30 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:13 AM

CNNi is simulcasting CNN U.S.
Shooting at Omaha.
Rick Sanchez.

My brain hurts now.

They're really simulcasting that? Why not have HK read it xS

#31 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

Looks like US simulcast CNNI program with Jon Mann before Jim and Hala. I doubt they do that every year.

#32 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:47 PM

Looks like US simulcast CNNI program with Jon Mann before Jim and Hala. I doubt they do that every year.

Was it a one time deal?

#33 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:38 AM

I'm thinking it was. I don't think CNN/US would have aired it except for Gore. I had CNNI last Prize, and never watched US (ah, all those YWT promos I missed...), so I don't know for sure, but considering the lack of interest by CNN/US in broadcasting world news I doubt it. Nor do I think they will rerun it.

#34 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:31 PM

I'm thinking it was. I don't think CNN/US would have aired it except for Gore. I had CNNI last Prize, and never watched US (ah, all those YWT promos I missed...), so I don't know for sure, but considering the lack of interest by CNN/US in broadcasting world news I doubt it. Nor do I think they will rerun it.

Damn, too bad I missed it ;P Maybe they'll have some other news item which will need to go simulcast soon...

#35 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

I hope the dreadful news from Pakistan doesn't mean a Wolf Blitzerfest. Damn insulting when something big happens outside the US and CNN International gives way to CNNUSA. It should be the other way around. Anyway if this happens I will of course immediately switch over to, probably Al Jazeera english language.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#36 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:59 AM

CNNUS has been simulcasting CNNI all night.

#37 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:04 AM

Starting with the second hour of CNN Today we've been getting the real news channel. Even with Quest and that blonde (is Monita ever there anymore? Even Hala isn't gone that much. And Jen? You would have to be off the one night CNNI is on here!) it's good to see the real news again. And Adrian.
Too bad they only simulcast when something really really terrible has occured - live CNNI is sooo much superior to reruns of that increasingly pitiful AC360 and the ranting Lou Dobbs it's worth staying up late to watch.

#38 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:10 AM

Starting with the second hour of CNN Today we've been getting the real news channel. Even with Quest and that blonde (is Monita ever there anymore? Even Hala isn't gone that much. And Jen? You would have to be off the one night CNNI is on here!) it's good to see the real news again. And Adrian.
Too bad they only simulcast when something really really terrible has occured - live CNNI is sooo much superior to reruns of that increasingly pitiful AC360 and the ranting Lou Dobbs it's worth staying up late to watch.

I was going to say that you are up pretty late there Houston!

TV Newser notes that Anderson Cooper is heading to Pakistan to cover the story. If any of Cooper's coverage is simulcast on CNNI (outside of the scheduled AC360) I would consider it a HUGE insult to the talented anchors of CNNI.

Send AC to cover the story for CNN domestic - but how about sending a CNNI anchor as well?!?

One thing I think Sky News and BBC World do well (they used to at least) is the way they usually send an anchor to the scene of a BIG story, along with their various correspondents.

#39 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:12 AM

I was going to say that you are up pretty late there Houston!

TV Newser notes that Anderson Cooper is heading to Pakistan to cover the story. If any of Cooper's coverage is simulcast on CNNI (outside of the scheduled AC360) I would consider it a HUGE insult to the talented anchors of CNNI.

Send AC to cover the story for CNN domestic - but how about sending a CNNI anchor as well?!?

One thing I think Sky News and BBC World do well (they used to at least) is the way they usually send an anchor to the scene of a BIG story, along with their various correspondents.

Surprise surprise... Anderson is going to follow the story, report on it for an hour and take the other 23 hours to do nothing. They did also send John Vause though, he was reporting for the Newsroom this morning

#40 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

As far as I understand, CNN U.S simulcasted this morning (in Europe) CNN International 3 times - with Breaking News about Castro.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users