1036 replies to this topic

#41 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

CNN International simulcasted CNN USA for few minutes for Shuttle landing.

#42 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:33 AM

CNNUS simulcasting CNNI during the 9:00 GMT edition of World News.

Someone at CNNI likes classical music - they are broadcasting the performance of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra from Pyongyang. It certainly warrants a live report (in this case, a phoner from Christiane Amanpour) but turning there news bulletin over to carry live coverage of the performance is certainly not warranted in my humble opinion.

What the hell is going on at CNNI?

It's one of those rare instances I wish they would actually cut to World Sport.

#43 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

Sorry Morpium, but I think it is excellent that CNN is talking about this Pyongyang concert so much. It's nothing to do with the music, more the fact that it is a clear sign North Korea has been welcomed back into the world again after years of obscurity.

It is extremely rare for North Koreans to hear anything from the West, and I think it is an amazing step forward by the Koreran Government that they have actually allowed this concert.

I'm afraid I think it's rather more important than World Sport, though that's just my opinion of course. :P

#44 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Oops, sorry Morpium. I didn't realize they were actually broadcasting the concert itself - I think that is very over the top for a news channel. I was meaning in my last post that I approve of the news coverage of the concert (i.e. Christianne Amanpour interviews, etc.)

Broadcasting the concert itself does seem very stupid. 5 minutes is OK, but any more than that and it just looks like they can't be bothered covering any other news. 8)

#45 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

Oops, sorry Morpium. I didn't realize they were actually broadcasting the concert itself - I think that is very over the top for a news channel. I was meaning in my last post that I approve of the news coverage of the concert (i.e. Christianne Amanpour interviews, etc.)

Broadcasting the concert itself does seem very stupid. 5 minutes is OK, but any more than that and it just looks like they can't be bothered covering any other news. 8)

I agree, Richard. I thought the coverage on CNNI was excellent and appropriate until they started airing the whole performance.

Lucky for me, there's a spotlight of Jon Stewart on the Biography Channel I could switch to instead.

#46 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

I agree, Richard. I thought the coverage on CNNI was excellent and appropriate until they started airing the whole performance.

Just off the top of my head, I can think of soo many things which need to be broadcast a little more than music :P. They really have made some strange decisions in the past few weeks, but heh, what can ya' do?

#47 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

Sorry to bump, but does CNN US still show CNNi programs on the first Monday of the month? If so, can anyone tell me when, I need to get the PVR working overtime!

#48 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

CNNI is currently simulcasting CNN/US to cover the Israel shooting breaking news.

Why??? :shock: Surely CNN/US should be simulacasting CNNI. :shock: I suppose it's all part of CNN/US's plan to stop Americans seeing CNNI, following on from the cancelation of YWT on CNN/US. :cry:

If they stayed on CNN/I they could have Hala, the Middle East expert, instead of whichever American is on CNN/US. I despair about CNN sometimes. :cry:

UPDATE: OK, I suppose CNN can be forgiven. Hala's back on again now - looks like they only went over to US for interview with Atika Schubert. Though I still don't see why Hala couldn't have done it.

#49 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

CNNI is currently simulcasting CNN/US to cover the Israel shooting breaking news.

Why??? :shock: Surely CNN/US should be simulacasting CNNI. :shock: I suppose it's all part of CNN/US's plan to stop Americans seeing CNNI, following on from the cancelation of YWT on CNN/US. :cry:

If they stayed on CNN/I they could have Hala, the Middle East expert, instead of whichever American is on CNN/US. I despair about CNN sometimes. :cry:

UPDATE: OK, I suppose CNN can be forgiven. Hala's back on again now - looks like they only went over to US for interview with Atika Schubert. Though I still don't see why Hala couldn't have done it.

Wow. Fear of North Americans watching a TV channel, what the hell. CNN's so freaking uptight about us watching CNNi, WHY?! AND FOR WHAT CAUSE?! I haven't taken any business or economics classes, but I think that the more viewers, the better. I guess they enjoy less viewers and lower raitings, that works for me. Anyday now I expect to get an e-mail or letter in the mail cancelling my CNN Traveller subscription because it's full of international news and insight, my oh my that is what I look forward to, overpowering censorship.

#50 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

Sorry to bump, but does CNN US still show CNNi programs on the first Monday of the month? If so, can anyone tell me when, I need to get the PVR working overtime!

If you mean Art of Life, Revealed, Becky Anderson's show, etc, yes. At 4 am EST every Monday. If it's not - what am I missing????

#51 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

If you mean Art of Life, Revealed, Becky Anderson's show, etc, yes. At 4 am EST every Monday. If it's not - what am I missing????

Why would they show those programs at 4am???

#52 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Why would they show those programs at 4am???

To minimize the amount of people who actually want to watch CNNi programming

#53 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

CNN newsroom being shown on CNNI and CNN US. what is going on? The weather graphics is clashing with CNNI entire look. Fredrika Whitfield is anchoring. Is CNNI main AtLANTA studio close. This morning on CNN US the graphics wasn't working. the ticker was off on CNNUS. Does this means a majority of the output comes from the CNN US gallery. Seems like CNNI has not suffer from the weather instead CNNUS

#54 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

Yes, I was suprised when I tuned in to see CNN Newsroom in CNNI studio. The logo is on the newswall and it looks good.

What studio was CNN US using this morning befiore they moved to CNNI?????
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#55 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yes, I was suprised when I tuned in to see CNN Newsroom in CNNI studio. The logo is on the newswall and it looks good.

What studio was CNN US using this morning befiore they moved to CNNI?????

They were using their CNNUS studio but it looked dark and the ticker was off.

#56 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

OK, here's a summary of what's going on with this CNNI CNN/US combination at the moment:

Here's what's coming from CNNI:
[*:1mgo62zs]CNNI Studio[*:1mgo62zs]CNNI Graphics (CNN logo, live bug)[*:1mgo62zs]Some of the graphics on the video wall (when they were tallking about America Votes they used the CNNI background)
And here's what's come from CNN/US:
[*:1mgo62zs]Anchor: Fredrika Whitfield[*:1mgo62zs]Program name: CNN Newroom[*:1mgo62zs]Music: CNN Newsroom[*:1mgo62zs]Some of the graphics on the video wall (newsroom logo)[*:1mgo62zs]Weather anchor and graphics[*:1mgo62zs]They're using the rotating red newsroom thingy instead of the CNNI globe as a background (see the cap below)
I love the Newsroom logo on the video wall. I just wish they'd do some more side shots of it.

So it looks like the US newsroom has been damaged, and the CNNI studio is fine.

Here's some caps:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

Back to normal CNNI again now with Isha amchorin WN.

What are they doing now on CNN/US? Are they actually letting you see some of CNNI, or is it reruns of LKL again?

#58 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

BS Bowl is on.

#59 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

OMG. :shock: :shock: :shock: CNN has some really big news happening right on its doorstep and they but Ballow Bowl on. :shock: :shock: :shock:

You're right Houston - CNN/US really is a joke. They can't even get the news right when it's happening in the US. Why not simulcast CNNI???

#60 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

Where is BS Bowl coming from?? Which studio???

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users