1036 replies to this topic

#1021 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

What CNNi programs do you get during these simulcasts.  

CNN Newsroom , for the block 

#1022 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

What CNNi programs do you get during these simulcasts.  

CNN Newsroom , for the block 

thx.  

#1023 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

CNN.com schedule has been updated for the rest of this week and next. Overnight simulcasts returned. Success!

Yay!! Good job team! I also noticed on my guide for DirecTV, the simulcast is now called CNN Newsroom Live. It used to be called CNNI Simulcast. I just hope this is a sign that they truly are dedicated to these overnight simulcasts because they really are great for us west coast viewers.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#1024 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

Just to confirm this, on the West Coast the simulcast goes from 10 pm until 1 am? If so, then that's really great for you folks, 3 hours of real news with good presenters. It's no wonder Rosie, Errol and co are so overwhelmed with Twitter praise and comments.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#1025 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Just to confirm this, on the West Coast the simulcast goes from 10 pm until 1 am? If so, then that's really great for you folks, 3 hours of real news with good presenters. It's no wonder Rosie, Errol and co are so overwhelmed with Twitter praise and comments.

Yes, that is correct. Then we get Early Start at 1amPT. Berman and Christine aren't too bad either, but the contrast of tones between the two networks is pretty amazing sometimes. The simulcast of International is very calm in presentation, but when we return to the Domestic network, the producers make it seem like all hell is about to break loose around the world.

Edited by AJJ, 19 June 2015 - 11:14 AM.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#1026 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

Yes, that's always been one of the main differences.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#1027 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

That plus CNN mostly seems to hire blond women who mostly look like one another and the women on CNNi are more diverse and interesting looking.  Similarly, the CNNi women dress much more interestingly.   Doesn't say much about Americans, does it?  

#1028 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

I understand that the Health Care law Its historic for the USA but I think Its home news mostly. Its OK to inform about it but I don't find the necessity to "flow" international viewers with it.

Posted Image

#1029 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

Thot, in one sense I agree with you, but it's a big victory of Obama which might have an impact of the rest of the world.  

By the way, we call a president in the last two years of his second term a lame duck.  He doesn't get much of his agenda done.    The CNN conversation was about how he isn't a lame duck -- he's had some big victories.  Cuba being one, but I can't remember the others.   

But yes, you're probably right.  

#1030 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

Here's something we don't see everyday: CNN/U.S. simulcasted CNNi's The World Right Now with Hala Gorani at 3:14pm ET/8:14pm UK Wednesday due to breaking news from Tel Aviv. It was the other way around at 4pm ET when CNNi simulcasted CNN/U.S.' The Lead with Jake Tapper.

HlPFZUQ.png

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#1031 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

After Hala Gorani was whoever was substituting for Quest.  Paula Newton?  Think that Berman was a better choice.  And we did get Michael Holmes at one of his usual times. 

Before he came to CNN, didn't Tapper have international experience?  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 10 June 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#1032 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

While at ABC News , Tapper did  do reporting from Baghdad  and Afghanistan  ,  though most of his experience was politics reporting. 

Also good call on having CNN I do the International story simulcast . 

#1033 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:14 AM

CNN International currently taking an expanded edition of CNN Tonight covering the situation in Dallas.

#1034 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

Surprised (not really) HLN didn't pick up the coverage. With the new newsier direction they're headed in, and the constant coverage of police shootings today I thought they might provide coverage of the Dallas Police Ambush. Instead, we got Forensic Files and a 10 hour old Nancy Grace. My hopes are high HLN will further align with CNN and CNN International, making it possible for a simulcast

#1035 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:11 PM

I'm not surprised. Even during the "Prime News" evening newscast days on HLN there were not many simulcasts. Maybe that'll change this time around though.

#1036 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

7:22pm CNN Domestic starts simulcasting CNNi with Michael Holmes to break the news of George Michaels death. Sad news this Christmas Day

Edit - Michael Threw back to finding Jesus at 7:29pm

Edited by jjerome95, 26 December 2016 - 12:30 AM.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#1037 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yesterday I met an English woman (we live in Cairo) who said she watched CNNi all the time because she was obsessed with English politics.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users