1582 replies to this topic

#21 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

I watched the whole of it. Asieh did a great job. She was followed by Stephen. Rob Marciano, Don Lemon, Cal Perry, Veronica De La Cruz and other produers and correspondents were there. It was knind of amuzing and astonishing to watch that. Never expected a tornado would hit Atlanta and that too at CNN Center!!!!

#22 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Former CNNer lets CNN and the others have it. And I agree.
http://www.huffingto...lt_b_92884.html

#23 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

CNNI's graphics looks good with Domestic's new ticker, doesn't it?

#24 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:11 AM

Even I, a US citizen, am tired of election coverage. I believe right now CNNI is simulcasting CNNUS because of the "all-important" Pennsylvania delegate voting, and I wonder how much they cover elections of other countries.

However, overall, CNNI is one of the best news channels out there and provides more world news than what we US residents are supposed to be happy with. CNNUS and Fox News are on the same page now; they've sunk so low that they're in nothing but a ratings battle. Forget Headline News. Once one of the better news channels in the United States, they've become nothing but a tabloid channel now with blockheads Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace, as well as non-news shows like Showbiz Tonight and that new one they just launched that looks like it was produced by VH1.

#25 RodrigoMx

RodrigoMx

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:08 AM

BORING, BORING, BOOORING!

Posted Image

#26 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:50 AM

This is the criticism that backfired on the CNNfan. iReport accepted this
entry into Robin's ireport.com contest and that is good sportswomanship
by Robin:

Posted Image

Image and Comments quoted from : http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-35546

My answer is: I don't know. Sorry!
With this economy. I'm paying food
and fuel with my Cable TV money. :(

But I still love CNN.

Even though this contest is:
Yes Purchase Necessary.

#27 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

I feel a little rant coming on...From TV Newser

Later in the Q&A, Klein talked about the strategy to focus on hard news. "It takes a while to line your troops up behind that because, keep in mind, that's a new habit for folks, you know, who had been used to covering stories in a certain way," he said. "But four years later, we owned television election coverage."

Hard news a new habit? Maybe for you - but CNN before a certain regime was actually hard news. Yes, you did election coverage - but all smoke and mirror entertainment (can we say hologram?). Even one of your pundits was watching something else on his monitor. And now with no overblown election coverage - who's on fourth?

#28 Shinta

Shinta

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

^^ When is he going to be held responsible for overseeing the biggest decline viewership of all cable networks? Why he still has a job has me confused.

CNN may return to hard news one day but I'm not expecting it to happen while the network is under his control.

#29 TRodriguez9

TRodriguez9

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

Edit: One thing that bothers me about CNN is Roland Martin, I think they use him too much to represent the views of all black people. O'Brien is a little better, Naamua Delaney is even better.

People that crave news like they crave a playboy mag or Disneyworld are funny. So what - CNN shows some re-runs, maybe it's so people watching late at night can see what they missed, there's plenty of other fuzzy news out there that cares more about ratings then accuracy; CNN always keeps it 100% legit, sexy, diverse, young and cutting edge.

#30 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:29 AM

This swine flu coverage is getting really long in the tooth. Domestic and Int'l have talked about nothing else all day. We get it. But there's a lot of other news to cover (at least in terms of international news). AJE at least has covered other stories tonight (haven't checked the Beeb, but I assume they have, too). On CNNI tonight, the only break from this story has been weather and sport. The only way they could top this off is if Zain or Don prattled on about Susan Boyle again. :roll:

/rant

#31 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:53 AM

Remember when for weeks and weeks bird flu was going to wipe out humanity?
I'd take it more seriously if they hadn't already cried wolf before.

#32 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

Ahh, bird flu. I remember it fondly. I still have my stockpile of tamiflu left over from that scare (no joke), so I guess I'm set in the rare case that I pick up swine flu.

By the way, they should use swine flu's initials of SIV to really scare people.

#33 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

By the way, they should use swine flu's initials of SIV to really scare people.

Wow, SIV sounds like HIV. Scary! :lol:

#34 suus

suus

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

LEVEL 5!!! OMG, my country hasn't been affected yet! Isn't that freaking you out???!

#35 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

Today was the first day in a while that I was home on a Saturday and actually watched CNNI. I cannot believe how lame it is on the weekends. I know I'm not saying anything new, but repeats of repeats are not good. I'm not against repeating those canned or shows, as long as they are aired at the :30 minute mark, allowing for news on the hour, and as long as they aren't repeated within 3 hours of each other. I understand there are different time zones, but it really does look ridiculous, not to say boring. It's like CNNI just shuts down on the weekends these days. That's a real shame.

#36 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

"The EP of HLN's Showbiz Tonight, David Levine, has been promoted to Senior Executive Producer of CNN Entertainment, while continuing to oversee Showbiz Tonight."

They have a "CNN Entertainment Unit" with "a need to take the next step in the coordination of entertainment newsgathering and production efforts."

Soooo much more important than say, a SCIENCE UNIT?

#37 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

CNNI couldn't tell if it was a flu epidemic or a flu pandemic for a few hours on Saturday. They played the epidemic fullscreen graphic but used the pandemic gizmo animation. :lol:

#38 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I was up late this morning and watching Anderson Cooper. I noticed they were still using "Swine Flu" on CNN US. CNNI changed to addressing the flu by its scientific name "H1N1" last week.

#39 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:35 AM

I was up late this morning and watching Anderson Cooper. I noticed they were still using "Swine Flu" on CNN US. CNNI changed to addressing the flu by its scientific name "H1N1" last week.

Cause us Americans are too stupid to look up what H1N1 means.

#40 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

I see D-Day doesn't mean anything to CNN. I had to go to Fox News to watch speeches from the four leaders. I gave up when I noticed CNN on tape, but according to TV Newser, they only took Obama's speech (and they missed the start of that too).

Of the three cable news channels, Fox News covered most extensively this morning's remembrances of the 65th anniversary of D-Day, anchored by Chris Wallace. FNC aired, uninterrupted, the speeches from the heads of state of France, Canada, Great Britain and the U.S. FNC's was also the only network in HD. Fox News pushed it's "Cost of Freedom" business block to 11amET in order to carry the D-Day events live.

MSNBC carried the speeches but with commercials and among their on-set guests was Winston S. Churchill, grandson of Winston Churchill. CNN stayed with the taped program "Your Bottom Line", telling viewers it would carry Pres. Obama's speech at 10amET. As it turns out, Obama began early at 9:54am and CNN missed the beginning of his speech

Really pathetic effort from "the world's news leader". The interns must be in charge of the network this weekend. Anytime Fox News trumps you with coverage, you know you've done a pathetic job!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users