369 replies to this topic

#1 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

“New Day” with Chris Cuomo, Kate Bolduan and Michaela Pereira Will Air Weekdays from 6-9 am, Beginning June 10th June 17th
“Early Start with John Berman & Zoraida Sambolin” Will Air from 5-6 am

More details

Edited by MVJR4, 12 May 2013 - 01:20 AM.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#2 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Then I guess we move everything about the program itself here as we approach June 10? :)

previosuly kev

#3 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

I trust  your judgment to do what's right.  

#4 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

Bad Name that is all

I'm CNN's Wolf Blitzer Your In The Situation Room Heres Whats Happening Now

#5 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

June 10 is ages away - are they just going to continue to have stop gaps hosting starting point?

I, for one, am not too sure about the changes. Early Start just one hour? May as well start another hour earlier and compete with the networks 4am broadcasts. Alternatively, had 'New Day' start at 7 and run until 10. I still think its silly how the cable morning news shows are well over and done with a good hour before most people are even contemplating waking up on the west coast. Also, why did they see the need to bring in a new News Anchor? Zoraida and John could have contributed just fine. The logo is rubbish, and I don't like the name - too corny, I feel, especially when Chris and Kate are both, in my eyes, well respected..... until this flops! Sounds like CNN are going the other way with their broadcast to CBS - but it's CBS who are gaining viewers by 'putting the news back in the morning news'...

#6 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

June 10 is ages away - are they just going to continue to have stop gaps hosting starting point?

I, for one, am not too sure about the changes. Early Start just one hour? May as well start another hour earlier and compete with the networks 4am broadcasts. Alternatively, had 'New Day' start at 7 and run until 10. I still think its silly how the cable morning news shows are well over and done with a good hour before most people are even contemplating waking up on the west coast. Also, why did they see the need to bring in a new News Anchor? Zoraida and John could have contributed just fine. The logo is rubbish, and I don't like the name - too corny, I feel, especially when Chris and Kate are both, in my eyes, well respected..... until this flops! Sounds like CNN are going the other way with their broadcast to CBS - but it's CBS who are gaining viewers by 'putting the news back in the morning news'...

Better Names:

Sunrise

First Edition

Morning Live

Morning News

AM News

Firstline

Morning Edition

#7 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

I had a hunch that this would be the title, and I can't believe I was right! Personally, I don't mind it though it is kind of plain. My guess is that they wanted the title to work as a catchphrase, just like American Morning used the title in the opening sequence after reading the headlines: "...on this American Morning."

As for the logo, I think it has a cool contemporary design. Neat and simple. Can't wait to see the set!

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#8 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Good thought re: name.  

#9 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

I had a hunch that this would be the title, and I can't believe I was right! Personally, I don't mind it though it is kind of plain. My guess is that they wanted the title to work as a catchphrase, just like American Morning used the title in the opening sequence after reading the headlines: "...on this American Morning."

As for the logo, I think it has a cool contemporary design. Neat and simple. Can't wait to see the set!

I Feel Some Mock Ups Coming Along

#10 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Cnnz Grady, you have some good names but they can't use Morning Edition - that's NPR's morning news show. CNN can't steal it ;)

I guess they chose New Day since it is also a metaphor for CNN's overall revamping. They better hope the show works or it will be quickly be relabeled Yesterday.

Edited by modlib, 01 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#11 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

rough mock ups stills only

Attached File  title.jpg   26.41KB   39 downloads

Attached File  title2.jpg   30.45KB   33 downloads

Attached File  title3.jpg   28.93KB   22 downloads

Attached File  title4.jpg   28.87KB   20 downloads

#12 Arsenal215

Arsenal215

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

@cnnnz grady, are those the graphics they are going to be using? Every time i read the name of the show, i keep thinking they are going to use clips of Sting's brand new day song as the theme music for the opening graphics.

#13 cnnnz grady

cnnnz grady

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

@cnnnz grady, are those the graphics they are going to be using? Every time i read the name of the show, i keep thinking they are going to use clips of Sting's brand new day song as the theme music for the opening graphics.

No they are'nt but are an idea I thought of to use on air

Also when I think of the shows name I think of NBC's Today 2006 Promo
http://www.networkne...oday-nbc-news/#

Scroll down a bit you will find it

#14 Arsenal215

Arsenal215

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Quick 15-30 second promos started airing today....

#15 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Funny, that's what CBS used as the theme song for The Early Show for several years:

http://www.youtube.c...r7kBnKuok#t=55s

#16 Arsenal215

Arsenal215

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

@ Charles, good catch on that intro to Cbs's old morning show. After watching the promo they are running right now, i don't think it will fit as it's too mellow. I think they will go with something faster and more hip. In today's meeting with media journalist, Jeff Zucker said that the three anchors they chose for the new show will mark a generational change just like Matt Lauer and Katie Couric did when they put together the today show at NBC in 1996.

#17 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

June 17 is apparently the show's new debut date. Also saw something on TVNewser, but here's the info from Michaela Pereira:

@GUN_DEVIL07 #NewDay on CNN - brand new morning show debuting (new date btw) June 17 out of NYC - airs 6-9 EST. Hope you'll tune in

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#18 Arsenal215

Arsenal215

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I finally found the promo that began airing this week on YouTube.

#19 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Love the promo.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#20 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

I gotta agree - cute, catchy promo. In the latest articles I have read about the new morning show, CNN people specifically said they were going to be a more newsy version of morning tv - no concerts and cooking segments! I was very happy to hear this. CBS This Morning has received much praise and better ratings for the smart, news alternative in the morning and it is the best tv show in the morning. It sounds like CNN will follow a similar model. I really hope success for Chris, Kate, and Michaela.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users