English news network.

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:24 AM

In Australia, we have our own Sky News. We also have access to Sky News from London (which I usually refer to as Sky News UK) through Sky News Active.

I really do not think the recent change to the graphics of Sky News UK was a good idea. They look really bulky, ugly and more like Fox News.

I didn't really see any need to change the graphics - I thought they were some of the best on TV.

#3 Rom59fr

Rom59fr

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hello !

I'm ok with Morpium. The new graphic is simular at Fox News but the few graphics were better.

SkyNews is for me the only channel to be reactive for Breaking News.

#4 Wenchie

Wenchie

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

Im guessing that the graphics are similar because both Fox News and Sky News are owned by the same parent company. News Corp.

#5 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Sky news seems to be lacking in glamour these days, a bit suprising that because they were once at the forefront in that regard. :(
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#6 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

Along with CNN, Sky News used to be my favorite news channel, sometimes I liked it even more than CNN. But recent changes ruined it for me.
I loved their 2005 rellunch, with the new set (the best set of all news stations so far), and a new schedule. It included 3 anchors on Sky News Today, and a lot of waliking down the studio. But the ratings droped and they changed everything.
Today it is boring and the set isn't used as much as it should be. They made some cuts and changed the graphics. The only thing that is still good about them is that they really are the first for breaking news.

My dream news channel would be CNN in Sky's set.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#7 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:36 AM

I loved their 2005 rellunch, with the new set (the best set of all news stations so far), and a new schedule.

I agree - I remember seeing the new set and thinking "perfect"... It just looked superb!

My dream news channel would be CNN in Sky's set.

That would be so cool. CNN Today could have its own presentation point, World News could have its own presentation point, World Sport could have its own presentation point, etc...

#8 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:21 AM

Sky has great music, I dont know why it's so appealiong, but it's, (in my opinion) really good!

#9 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

I agree that the music is great, but it is a bit repetitive. I like the way CNN has lots of different music for the different programs.

#10 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

Sky is making another relunch next week. They have new schedule and everything will be single anchored, which is a disaster ,for me.
Also they will have new music. People who heard it say it's great, an upbeat remix of the current theme.
We'll have to wait until Monday to see it.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#11 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

Sky is making another relunch next week. They have new schedule and everything will be single anchored, which is a disaster ,for me.
Also they will have new music. People who heard it say it's great, an upbeat remix of the current theme.
We'll have to wait until Monday to see it.

Wow! Thats awsome, I can't wait to see the final product, though every other week they seem to re-launch xS

#12 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

Well sadly they didn't introduce new music today, who knows when or even will they do it. :( :(

#13 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

Well sadly they didn't introduce new music today, who knows when or even will they do it. :( :(

Are they still advertising it? I would hate to see them go back on their word.

#14 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:17 AM

i don't that they should do on their music...
FIX their friggin graphics first! can they make a survey on the Sky News Panel?

and can they make the international broadcast in 14:9 (at least)?
like BBC World and Al Jazeera?

#15 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:08 PM

Four days in, any updates to the re-launch?

#16 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:59 PM

Still no relaunch.

I was wondering, is the Sky News you get outside the UK the same one we get here in Britain? Or is there a 'Sky World' channel? :D

#17 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

Still no relaunch.

I was wondering, is the Sky News you get outside the UK the same one we get here in Britain? Or is there a 'Sky World' channel? :D

Canada is a SKY free zone! We have nothing to do with Sky products... all I know is that SKY NZ/AU is the regional station down there

#18 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

New look supposedly

#19 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:37 PM

What's new??? :shock: :? :o :(

#20 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

What's new??? :shock: :? :o :(

They change their schedule, background, but not the overall look. They change the most then any other channel. Since BBC NEWS 24 unseated them they keep on changing. The formula hasn't really work out for them, after all the millions spent on that set, they don't use that much.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users