165 replies to this topic

#21 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

I like the new background on the newswall. I think they've done a great job of getting it to appear as if the newsroom is much larger.

Still no fan of those huge, bulky graphics and cube logo though... :?

#22 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

They tried to copy the logo off Fox News, the way it spins round. But they failed bigtime - whereas Fox's slowly rotates, which looks quite good I think, Sky's just does a really fast rotation every 10 seconds or so. Cheap imitation, in my opinion. :(

#23 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

They tried to copy the logo off Fox News, the way it spins round. But they failed bigtime - whereas Fox's slowly rotates, which looks quite good I think, Sky's just does a really fast rotation every 10 seconds or so. Cheap imitation, in my opinion. :(

I agree 110%.

Remember when Sky relaunched in 2005? It looked classy and elegant. Now, Sky News is full of tabloid stories and the only thing that redeeming thing about the channel is its newsroom.

#24 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:59 AM

I agree 110%.

Remember when Sky relaunched in 2005? It looked classy and elegant. Now, Sky News is full of tabloid stories and the only thing that redeeming thing about the channel is its newsroom.

RIP:

SKY NEWS

October 2007

(Eaten up and spit out by Fox News)

#25 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:28 AM

FINALLY!
The reason why the god, *cough* Rupert Murdoch has made Sky News similar to that damn FOX-crap...

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=yG6t38NjNXQ
Last Part, Listening Post newsbytes...

#26 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

Looks like Sky's coming to Vingo soon:

http://www.vingo.tv/sky_news.php

Though it doesn't seem to be working yet.

p.s. On the subject of Vingo, the CNNI stream hasn't been working now for days. I'm having to use Jalipo.com instead.

#27 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

it seems to work yesterday...
take a look on what i've got...

#28 sn2005

sn2005

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

During the terrible news out of Pakistan over the past couple of days sky has reverted to double headed bulletins. For the first time in three months.

For those who are interested here is a brief schedule that sky currently operates on;

6-9am - Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes
9-1 - Sky Today with Dermot Murnaghan (launches Jan. '08)
1-5 - Afternoon Live with Kay Burley
5-7 - Sky News at 7 with Anna Botting
7:30-8 - MON: Jeff Randall Live (Business features program)
TUES-FRI: Sky.Com News with Martin Stanford (sky news with the webs agenda)
8-10 - News every 15 minutes with Anna Jones
10-12m't - Sky News with Anna Botting.

Between 6am-5pm each program has an additional presenter providing news updates. They sit at a desk and read the main three/four stories out every 1/2 hour.
This is CNN

#29 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0UMjzwA5xRA

Interesting video

#30 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

Sky News is now available in Vingo.tv

#31 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

http://www.telegraph...side-court.html

http://www.guardian....ed=networkfront
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#32 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:50 AM

Gosh this sounds scary, I hope Kay will be safe.

http://www.dailymail...ECOND-time.html
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#33 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Sky News is making some changes to their set so at the moment they are using they virtual studio B for broadcasts. I can't wait to see how the set will look like, the talk is that they will move their main desk back to the area where some of the newsroom desks and computers were.

This is the video of SNT opening in 2006. It used to be so great, the set, music, walking around and the presenters.

#34 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

Revamped set will be on air next week.

#35 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

The new set debuts tomorrow. I can't wait to see it, at least one revamp is gonna happen this week. :mrgreen:

#36 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

There's no point in me posting caps of the new set for Sky News because we don't get full screen access to Sky News UK through Sky News Active down here, but from what I can see on my TV, and from the caps posted here the set for Sunrise looks fantastic! I can't wait to see how everything else looks.

#37 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

This is an amazing relunch, Sky News is alive again. They are finally using their newsroom to a full potential, they have a separate presenting point for every show and they totally changed everything.
I will post caps later.

#38 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

^^I'll look forward to seeing them Ginnyfan! I don't get to see Sky News fullscreen until around 2am my time when SNA takes SNUK overnight.

#39 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Here we go.

Morning news program Sunrise is now presented from the new ''shoebox''. It's in the same place where the old one was but this one is a lot bigger and they redecorated the newsroom behind it. It looks great.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Live Desk, a relatively new program is presented from the same place, from inside the newsroom.

You can also see the changed the environment of the newswall, the red carpet is gone, everything is gray/white/icy.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sky News Today is still presented from the main desk. This is the new desk, it's in the same place as the old one only more orianted to the newsroom. The camera angles are also now more concentrated to the newsroom.

Behind the desk you can see there are no more computers and desks, it's an empty space with one presenting point called ''the island''. News updates were done from it so far.

Posted ImagePosted Image
There's still a lot of programs to come and it will be interesting to see how they use the set, especially on Afternoon Live.

#40 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

This looks futuristic. I wish that the presenter has the video wall as a backdrop as opposed to the newsroom. The business frame reminds me of the virtual capital used on CNN.

Good!
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users