Photo

Sky News

165 replies to this topic

#41 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

They've been using the newswall as the background since 2005. First there was a nice blue globe but last year they had a bad fake gallery on it and it was boring and used for all the shows. :roll:

It's good that they are using the full potential of that gigantic set once again.

I wonder what they did with the stairs and the balcony?
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#42 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the caps, Ginnyfan. The studio looks brilliant! A return to the Sky News of old! That newsroom looks fantastic with people walking around - there seems to be a real buzz around Sky News again!

#43 zack10

zack10

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

One thing they have is a lot of space just like the old MSNBC studio was in a warehouse. you have lots of camara angles to chose from lots of overhead shots and room to walk run and have an Island. aka AL J azerra studio so underuse with all that space and angles.
I like the 2005 look that blue was good. It is a shame they didn't redo the graphics that rip of from CNNI isn't very good.
When BBC started using gray lots of people didn't like it now skynews is using it. The gray look seals the graphics and set. I do not like the gray on the floor infront of the newsroom. It is too icy and looks cold and lonely. During the summer months it might look odd.
With BBC NEWS ahead in the ratings this might get people to take a look at skynews. I don't know if ordinary folks will stick around for good :|

#44 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

Afternnon Live has a whole new look. It starts of with a newsroom shot and then the camera goes to Kay who's standing next to the newswall where she does the headlines and then walks to the island which is the main presenting point.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#45 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Wow, I think my favorite set up is for Live at Five.
The new desk can rotate just like the old one since it's built on the same platform. So they just rotate it to face the left side of the newsroom. They have opened up the gallery and put some desks , computers and people in front of it pluse those blue lights which give it a nice nightly effect. I love it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Here's the opening

Afternoon Live opening

#46 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

If you see this CNNi looks oldfashioned. Still broadcasting in 4:3.

Is the sound of SkyNews in stereo?
Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#47 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Yes they are.

Here's a mini tour through the Sky News center.

#48 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Again, thanks for all the caps ginnyfan!

The whole transformation they've made to the Sky News Centre is nothing short of spectacular. And I'm sure there has been some directive handed down from management to the anchors to interact more. Any regular viewer can surely tell the new energy and buzz about the place.

#50 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

Here's a video that shows how great Sky News was in 2005/2006 after the big relunch. This is Sky News Today the afternoon edition with Steve, Mark and Ginny (that's where my username comes from :mrgreen: ).
I loved the 3 anchors format , it showed all the glory of that set and was interesting.

#51 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for that video, Ginnyfan. That set is so big that it makes me dizzy. :shock:

Too bad I can't get it here. Apparently FBN simulcasts it during breaking news sometimes, so I guess I should keep a lookout on FBN.

#52 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

Sky News used to have the best opening, in my opinion, before their 2005 revamp.

http://www.tv-ark.or...ay2002&type=mp4

http://www.tv-ark.or...02open&type=mp4

#53 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

So it's a total snowmaina on UK news channels these days and Kay Burely was presenting outdoors yesterday and during an interview a policeman got her some coffee. :lol:

http://news.sky.com/...BURLEY-1500.flv

#54 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

It really was a nonsense job to begin with, but it looks like Sky News has decided they don't need a fulltime Twitter correspondent.

It's nice to see that she was absorbed into another role, though, and not shown the door.

#55 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I tuned into Sky News after a long time and I see Kay and the channel are still at the top of their game. :D

#56 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:10 AM

I was watching Fox News this afternoon (don't judge-- I was only channel surfing), and I saw them talking to a Fox foreign correspondent in London who was reporting from the Sky News set. Is Fox's London bureau inside the Sky News headquarters?

#57 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm not sure if they call it Fox bureau but I guess when they send someone to London they use Sky's newsroom. The same happens when Sky sends their anchors/reporters to the States.

Must have been a surprise to see a decent set on Fox for a change. :D

#58 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

I'm not sure if they call it Fox bureau but I guess when they send someone to London they use Sky's newsroom. The same happens when Sky sends their anchors/reporters to the States.

The reporter spoke with an American accent, and I googled him as he was on the air, and I found out that he is a foreign correspondent for Fox News. Though he was clearly reporting from the Sky News Centre, not some Fox bureau.

Must have been a surprise to see a decent set on Fox for a change. :D

It was! Fox could definitely take some design cues from its sister channel! :Yes:

#59 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

Sky is debuting it's new business center and set in the Gherkin building tonight on Jeff Rendall Live. :Yes:

http://news.sky.com/...rom_The_Gherkin

#60 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

On 8. of March women will take over Sky News.

Women Take Over TV News Channel

SKY News will mark International Women's Day on Monday with a day of broadcasting led by women.

From sunrise to midnight, the news channel will be presented and produced exclusively by women.

Sky News's female presenters will feature in bulletins, business, sport, and weather.

Their producers will be women, as will the duty editors of Sky News Radio and Sky News Online.

Anna Botting, Gillian Joseph, Kay Burley, and Anna Jones will head the news presenters on the rolling news channel.

For Sky News's flagship business programme, Dharshini David will take over Jeff Randall's seat in the Gherkin, and Jacquie Beltrao, Sarah Jane Mee, and Karthi Gnanasegaram will front the sports bulletins.

John Ryley, head of Sky News, said: "Sky News is constantly pushing the boundaries and we are delighted to be marking this important day in this way with our talented women journalists.

"Editorially, it will be interesting to see what we cover, but we will ask the question we always do - what is of most relevance to our viewers?"

BBC1's Question Time is set to have an all-female audience next Thursday, although the panel will include men.

http://blogs.coventr...ews-channe.html

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users