226 replies to this topic

#201 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:31 PM

I like how they showed the live Atlanta cam on the screen as Errol walked on set at the end of John's shift today. Nice touch, they should keep it on the plasma all the time.

Atlanta cam - you mean a shot of the city? Some days ago I saw a shot of the Atrium at the end of a show, with the sign World Headquarters visible. Nice.

#202 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

I like how they showed the live Atlanta cam on the screen as Errol walked on set at the end of John's shift today. Nice touch, they should keep it on the plasma all the time.

Atlanta cam - you mean a shot of the city? Some days ago I saw a shot of the Atrium at the end of a show, with the sign World Headquarters visible. Nice.

yes thats right. CNN Today do escalator shots with the camera operator actually going up the escalators at CNN Center! theyve also done external shots outside of CNN Center aswell.

#203 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Video below includes interesting camera shots and longer pieces of the music.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#204 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

Video below includes interesting camera shots and longer pieces of the music.

do you mind if i cut some of these down into a longer cut of just music?

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#205 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:03 AM

^ No; go ahead.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#206 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

yes thats right. CNN Today do escalator shots with the camera operator actually going up the escalators at CNN Center! theyve also done external shots outside of CNN Center aswell.

Thanks Jordy.

#207 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

vlcsnap_2015_09_02_09h00m54s236.png

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#208 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

New edition replacing NewsCenter.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#209 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:02 PM

I really liked the slightly different style and the improvement in Zain's anchoring skills. I do however think that the longer titles should be used for other editions, each with their own take.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#210 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

I really liked the slightly different style and the improvement in Zain's anchoring skills. I do however think that the longer titles should be used for other editions, each with their own take.

Why do you think that.  Curious.

#211 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

Why do you think that.  Curious.

Well Rosemary and Errol are waking up Western Europe and Africa while John and Isha are hosting a morning programme for Eastern Europe and the Middle East as well as a primetime West coast show. Each show could have different images in the titles, the 4-second generic sequence for all Newsroom editions are starting to bug me.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#212 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

Funny at the end of Zain Asher's Newsroom. They showed the screen and whoever was in control was closing webpages. Went from CNN Heroes, to Huffington Post to CNN Money, to a slide of the markets then we ended up on the desktop.

Good job they wasn't looking at anything they shouldn't have been. :D

#213 Sandy

Sandy

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Well Rosemary and Errol are waking up Western Europe and Africa while John and Isha are hosting a morning programme for Eastern Europe and the Middle East as well as a primetime West coast show. Each show could have different images in the titles, the 4-second generic sequence for all Newsroom editions are starting to bug me.

Hm, I wake up to John and Isha in Germany. I have to leave for work when Rosemary and Errol come on. Is Germany now Eastern Europe? That's news to me. Someone needs to put it on CNN! ;-)

"I don't know what the poor dinosaurs have done wrong." John Vause on a meteorite wiping out the dinosaur population being related to karma. Oct 2015

"I'm Jonathan Mann. I'm gonna rush to the next studio, change my tie and bring you a whole new edition of Political Mann." Closing remarks at the end of CNN News Now. Dec 2015

#214 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

I suppose it's just different depending on where you are

#215 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

and what time you go to work.

The whole block on CNN Newsroom is considered as breakfast time here in England (5AM-9AM). Must be strange for those waking up further east to have a skewed show to the West Coast of the USA. I personally don't mind it (to an extent) but to say this block used to be European skewed only, it must have turned some viewers off.

anyway, happy weekend to everyone as we look forward to another round of simulcasting this weekend! :)

Edited by Jordy, 19 February 2016 - 05:34 PM.

#216 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

The whole block on CNN Newsroom is considered as breakfast time here in England (5AM-9AM). Must be strange for those waking up further east to have a skewed show to the West Coast of the USA. I personally don't mind it (to an extent) but to say this block used to be European skewed only, it must have turned some viewers off.

anyway, happy weekend to everyone as we look forward to another round of simulcasting this weekend! :)
What simulcasting is taking place this weekend?

#217 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

What simulcasting is taking place this weekend?

America's Choice 2016. Also something else tomorrow daytime I would suspect.

#218 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

Interesting pairing during the early edition (simulcasting on CNN US ) today 

Richard  Quest and George Howell 

TyVeijs0.png

#219 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:36 AM

Guess they brought Richard in as it was aviation related and he could share is vast knowledge of airports as well ask the tough questions.

#220 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

And the two hour block of the weekend CNN Newsroom Sun morning 4/5am ET 9/10am GMT is coming from London.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users