226 replies to this topic

#41 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

According to Rosie's twitter, she did the 'usual 2 hours' solo, with John and Natalie on afterwards
https://twitter.com/...918909600972801

Strange indeed but wtf, nothing surprises me 2 steps forward then 5 steps back. Good ol CNN

#42 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Tuesday
image.jpg

Edited by MVJR4, 03 July 2013 - 08:50 AM.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#43 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I already got tired of the W1 music.

BTW, that blue wall on the left with the vertical plasma... totally useless, right?

#44 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

^ Pretty much, just like that whole wall. Should have removed it and opened up a set a bit.

I love W1 music and I can't get tired of it. I do wish they would use the slower, violin version more often. Also they could do some new, variations on this tune. It's a great tune that can be used for a long time if it's done the right way.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#45 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

At least they used something new (from archives) today to use for markets.

Tweaked a bit.

#46 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

^^ I meant the main theme, the violin one is really good, indeed. I've been watching a lot of AJE lately and gotta say that CNN looks like a local news channel when you compare both. But that's a given, no need to argue! 

Edited by HaBa, 12 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#47 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

I agree. HaBa.

But it looks they are trying to find some old-new music to match. As the one for markets aired today - I haven't heard it for years. Maybe it is from 2006 package, just a bit tweaked, as I do not remember a male voice panting.

Yet again, I might be wrong.

#48 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

^ Pretty much, just like that whole wall. Should have removed it and opened up a set a bit.

I love W1 music and I can't get tired of it. I do wish they would use the slower, violin version more often. Also they could do some new, variations on this tune. It's a great tune that can be used for a long time if it's done the right way.

Same here at least they have kept something for us to remember & awesome show that it went back too when it returned to London under Zain as well when Monita co hosted. And of course Finn who started it originally when it was W1 live from West London.

#49 fk13tw

fk13tw

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

so it's 2.5 hours now? good there is 30 minutes less of world sports

#50 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Newsroom has got a Twitter account, only 18 followers yet @CNNiNewsroom.

#51 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thursday

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#52 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thursday

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

On the left Hala Gorani on the right John Vause this is the CNN Newsroom liiiiiiiiiive from Atlanta!

Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#53 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Forgive me for not paying attention — I've for the most part taken a break from all of CNN ever since I ponied up an extra $10 a month just to get AJAM — but for how long has John and Rosie's CNN Newsroom been simulcast on CNN Domestic at 3 a.m. ET? It seems like I've caught it quite a bit in the last few weeks, and my Comcast box shows it being permanent. How long has this been happening?

#54 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Ever since their crazy plane coverage started, so thats more than a month now.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#55 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Can I ask what technology they use for their rear projection screens in Atlanta and London! because they seem very bright for a projection. The brightness, contrast and whites are better than the LCDs and plasmas screens next to them!

#56 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

image.jpg

image.jpg

#57 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Newsroom from Atlanta is the only news programme I have available on my TV, which is using only one camera shot (well, two when they have two anchors). Sitting there, in front of a big screen with a lot of small fake screens, trying to give an impression of an environmment with stuff coming in on a lot of screens, we all understand they are fake, some of them are even moving from left to right and back - it's so old fashioned and unprofessional. In a modern TV world the studio is used in lot more creative way - as we fortunately can see in many of the other CNNI newscasts. But I thought Newsroom, formerly known as World News, was the flagship...doesn't look like that.

#58 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Newsroom from Atlanta is the only news programme I have available on my TV, which is using only one camera shot (well, two when they have two anchors). Sitting there, in front of a big screen with a lot of small fake screens, trying to give an impression of an environmment with stuff coming in on a lot of screens, we all understand they are fake, some of them are even moving from left to right and back - it's so old fashioned and unprofessional. In a modern TV world the studio is used in lot more creative way - as we fortunately can see in many of the other CNNI newscasts. But I thought Newsroom, formerly known as World News, was the flagship...doesn't look like that.

London shows them how to do it! A studio which looks great from all angles, wide shots galore, and cameras that can move across the floor on their own, why doesn't Atlanta have them? AIU, Atlanta's studio cams can only be remotely turned and raised/lowered.

#59 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

I still can't believe just how DIRE the presentation of Atlanta Newsrooms has become,especially the morning editions which literally use only one close up shot of the presenter. At least later in the day they use the side shot with the mini newswall but in the mornings it just one camera, dark background, presenters in black outfits. It truly is a graveyard shift now.....

#60 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

I still can't believe just how DIRE the presentation of Atlanta Newsrooms has become,especially the morning editions which literally use only one close up shot of the presenter. At least later in the day they use the side shot with the mini newswall but in the mornings it just one camera, dark background, presenters in black outfits. It truly is a graveyard shift now.....

I can't believe how different the presentation is of 'Newsroom' between ATL, LDN and HK. Surely you'd have thought London and HK would have been given set guidelines, if they've changed it soo much in Atlanta, from the bossed there, unless there is x amount of freedom to the broadcast centres.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users