Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

.:Source: CNN Observations
.:Link: Click here for full article

CNN International is now streamed live on http://www.vingo.tv.

Dustin from CNN Observations reports that it is not available to our friends in the U.S.

The stream is the European feed.

#2 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

Wow! :D :D :D At last, CNNI on the internet outside the hours it's on CNN.com Live. OK, the quality of the free version isn't exactly great, but it's better than nothing. The best thing is it seems to be completely legal - I know many sites show CNNI illegaly, but I'm never very happy about this. It's just a shame it's not available in the US for people like Houston. :(

#3 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

Wow! :D :D :D At last, CNNI on the internet outside the hours it's on CNN.com Live. OK, the quality of the free version isn't exactly great, but it's better than nothing. The best thing is it seems to be completely legal - I know many sites show CNNI illegaly, but I'm never very happy about this. It's just a shame it's not available in the US for people like Houston. :(

And me!

The stream won't start for me, but when I get it tweaked to my computer, then i'll get to see it! That is very exciting, I can watch everyone on CNNi now, not just Shakuntala, Kristi, Hugh, Andrew and Anjali <3 <3. Not that I won't watch them too... but I miss Becky and the London gang!

Thanks for the link Morp!

Edit; doesn't work in Flock browser, I had to register and it works amazingly now! I get to join Owen Thomas right now for headlines :D

#4 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

I get to join Owen Thomas right now for headlines

That's the first thing I did too! I'm really excited about actually being able to see CNNI all day, every day, not just for the coiple of hours it's on CNN.com. Thanks a lot, Morpium! :D :D :D

#5 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:15 PM

I get to join Owen Thomas right now for headlines

That's the first thing I did too! I'm really excited about actually being able to see CNNI all day, every day, not just for the coiple of hours it's on CNN.com. Thanks a lot, Morpium! :D :D :D

Hrmm, I noticed that you are from London, can't you recieve CNNi on TV?

#6 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

I'm from England, not London. Unfortunately, you can't get CNNI where I live. :(

#7 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

this program is also not bad:
http://zattoo.com/about
http://zattoo.com/nowshowing

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#8 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

I can't get any sound on this stream at the moment :o - is anyone else having this problem? The other streams (Al-jazeera, France 24 etc.) work fine, but with CNN, I get picture only :( . It normally works fine for me.

Edit (2 hours later) - it's working again now - must just have been a temporary problem.

#9 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

I can't get any sound on this stream at the moment :o - is anyone else having this problem? The other streams (Al-jazeera, France 24 etc.) work fine, but with CNN, I get picture only :( . It normally works fine for me.

Edit (2 hours later) - it's working again now - must just have been a temporary problem.

I still can't get sound either... I have emailed the tech department, but havent recieved a reply yet.

Edit; it worked after a while. Now it won't connect...

#10 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

I haven't been able to access this stream at all over the weekend, and it still isn't working now. Has it worked for anyone else, and is it working now? Mine just says 'connecting to media', but that's as far as it gets. It can't be a problem with my PC, because several (though not all) of the other channels work fine. I'm really missing it already! :( :( :(

#11 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:54 PM

I haven't been able to access this stream at all over the weekend, and it still isn't working now. Has it worked for anyone else, and is it working now? Mine just says 'connecting to media', but that's as far as it gets. It can't be a problem with my PC, because several (though not all) of the other channels work fine. I'm really missing it already! :( :( :(

Me aswell, then it just quits back to the 'Play' button. I've e-mailed, so I hope they fix it up!

#12 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:22 PM

I don't want to speak too soon, but it is working again for now :D . Hopefully it will stay up for a bit longer this time... 8)

One big problem though: the first thing I am seeing since it came back up is racist, lunatic Ahmadinejad... :( :( :( not what I wanted to see.

#13 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

I don't want to speak too soon, but it is working again for now :D . Hopefully it will stay up for a bit longer this time... 8)

One big problem though: the first thing I am seeing since it came back up is racist, lunatic Ahmadinejad... :( :( :( not what I wanted to see.

Its back for me too! *knocks on wood* And with Ahmadinejad, atleast it's CNNi ;)

#14 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

At last, I've found a way to record Vingo!

1. Download the beta (pre-final release) verison of Realplayer from this URL:
http://uk.real.com/player/more
and install it.

Then, go to the CNN stream on Vingo, and hold the mouse over the video window. You should get a little box popping up like this:
Attached File  VINGO.JPG   30.64KB   469 downloads

Click 'download this video', and it's as simple as that. There are a few options you can change if you go to the options page in RealPlayer. The only problem is that it saves it as a non'standard file format, and so far I haven't been able to find a way to change them into a format that could be uploaded onto YouTube. Oh well, it's great being able to record it at all! :D

It's completely legal - obviously RealPlayer is one of the most popular media players out there (though Windows Media Player is much better otherwise, IMO). You can also save YouTube videos and other content like CNN.com Live and CNN.com video on demand with this.

I hope this is useful. :D

#15 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

Does Vingo have to re-buffer every like 5 seconds for anyone else?

#16 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:22 AM

it does not buffer for me...

about the software... i only use WMR.

#17 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

The only problem is that it saves it as a non'standard file format, and so far I haven't been able to find a way to change them into a format that could be uploaded onto YouTube. Oh well, it's great being able to record it at all! :D

It's completely legal - obviously RealPlayer is one of the most popular media players out there (though Windows Media Player is much better otherwise, IMO). You can also save YouTube videos and other content like CNN.com Live and CNN.com video on demand with this.

I don't know if this will work, but I use Replay Converter to change video formats. And Easy DVD Creator will convert .com videos to DVD format so they can be burned to a DVD. I finally got that so I could put all the ITME's and AOL's on DVD since Comcrap cut us off. Both programs have demo software you can download from their site.

#18 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:10 PM

David: RealPlayer works fine for me - maybe you need to adjust the settings or something???

Houston: Thanks for the suggestions, though I won't have time to try them out until Monday. Hopefully it'll work! :D

#19 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the help Houston, but I'm afraid they don't work - this IVR format it records in seems really obscure. Anyway, the good news is that I've found another way to make YouTube videos from Vingo (via a RealPlayer recording). It's a bit complicated, but not too bad. :D

Step 1
In RealPlayer, burn the recording you want to a CD (I'd use a RW CD, so it can be reused)

Step 2
Open Windows Movie Maker (I'm assuming everyone's using Windows XP or Vista -I don't have a clue what you'd do on a Mac). Now import the video file - on the CD you have just made, it is the file located in the folder MPEGAV, and will be a .DAT file. (On Movie Maker, you need to get it to show all files on the file import thing, not just media files)

Step 3
Using Movie Maker, cut out the bit you want, then make the video.

You now have a wmv file that can be uploaded to YouTube (or another site, such as Photobucket, which I use), and can then be embedded on this site.

Hope this helps. :D

#20 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

stream is not anymore available on Vingo...
subscription only.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users