GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

The staff's favorite bar located just down the road its name is han cehws

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#22 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

while watching the latest EP the new title features a show called Daily Report

Attached File  Daily report.jpg   55.51KB   0 downloads

Interesting name

also pulled some caps from 

The Capital Report

Attached File  Capital Report.jpg   50.15KB   0 downloads

And Right Now With (Eliot Hersh / Filling in Slone Sabbath)

Attached File  Rightnow.jpg   52.2KB   0 downloads

Edited by gradycnn, 16 July 2013 - 09:03 AM.

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#23 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

On The Latest EP of the newsroom they showed supposedly archived footage of ACN's 911 coverage

Attached File  hboacn2001.jpg   83.1KB   0 downloads

DF0AiCd.gif

#24 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Last episode had Hala's voice heard at the start, from Gaddafi coverage. She had no idea about it after I tweeted her.

Anyway, the show is really starting to lose the plot. I could barely go through the latest episode. Can't stand Maggie and they keep on obsessing with her boring love life and it's just so annoying.

The other, news related plots are all over the place and the characters keep on acting as fast talking heads with little purpose.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#25 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

I miss Jim being in the office to be hit by a door. Twice.

And after all the nonsense Will is in, how does he still have a show?

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#26 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

yea true considering cnn has temporarily removed Ashleigh Banfield because of what she said during the Trayvon Martin case

DF0AiCd.gif

#27 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

yea true considering cnn has temporarily removed Ashleigh Banfield because of what she said during the Trayvon Martin case

What did she say?

#28 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Not sure I think there is something in her thred about it

DF0AiCd.gif

#29 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Last episode had Hala's voice heard at the start, from Gaddafi coverage. She had no idea about it after I tweeted her.

Anyway, the show is really starting to lose the plot. I could barely go through the latest episode. Can't stand Maggie and they keep on obsessing with her boring love life and it's just so annoying.

The other, news related plots are all over the place and the characters keep on acting as fast talking heads with little purpose.

I think they miscast Maggie. I think had they chosen a different actress, her character may have been a little more palatable. Maybe.

Also, I agree with the storyline. They have so much going on that I can't really tell what's happening even when I'm paying full attention to it, and even if I get distracted for a minute or two, I don't know what's going on. I suppose what the main storyline of this season is that they're being fed a false story about the sarin gas, much like what happened to Dan Rather and the falsified Bush documents several years ago. I guess it's an interesting idea, but it hasn't really gone anywhere in the first two episodes, and I don't think they've made it very clear that that's what is happening. I'm still going to stick with the show for a while longer though.

What did she say?

That is speculation that is proven to be false. She wrote on Twitter a few days ago that she's on vacation with her family in Canada.

Edited by Charles, 24 July 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#30 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

I think they miscast Maggie. I think had they chosen a different actress, her character may have been a little more palatable. Maybe.

Also, I agree with the storyline. They have so much going on that I can't really tell what's happening even when I'm paying full attention to it, and even if I get distracted for a minute or two, I don't know what's going on. I suppose what the main storyline of this season is that they're being fed a false story about the sarin gas, much like what happened to Dan Rather and the falsified Bush documents several years ago. I guess it's an interesting idea, but it hasn't really gone anywhere in the first two episodes, and I don't think they've made it very clear that that's what is happening. I'm still going to stick with the show for a while longer though.

What did she say?

That is speculation that is proven to be false. She wrote on Twitter a few days ago that she's on vacation with her family in Canada.

Well that's good to here she didn't get suspended :)

DF0AiCd.gif

#31 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

What did she say?

Well that's good to here she didn't get suspended :)

These darn rumuors,

In season 1, the episdoe centered on one real world event. This season it seems a bit more muddled, but I don't mind. At least, I think I don't mind. 

#32 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

In the latest eppisode: Slone Said "he left me around 12 then I danced with Savana Guthrie. Man that girl had got legs"

DF0AiCd.gif

#33 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

Thought the list of consultants in the credits was interesting.

consult.jpg

#34 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wow, that's very interesting. Chris Matthews makes sense because his son is on the show, but a lot of those CNNers are a surprise. Thanks for that Houston. I would've never looked that closely.

#35 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

I finally go to watch on HBOGo....one more episode left. I still don't understand the colored lines as Will was watching a rerun of his show....

#36 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Focus group. Lines go up when something is rated positively so the show can get a sense at what the audience wants.

#37 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:15 AM

Let's just say that Atlantis Cable News is not a real entity, though the Newsroom may be seen by some as a vision of what CNN (or a decent news channel) should look like.

But, HBO does have a handful of docos aired throughout the year, plus Vice, so I guess it's legit to have an HBO thread.

EDIT: And while we're at that, let's remind us of ACN's fictional evening lineup: :rofl:

8p E/P: News Night with WIll McAvoy, live from AWM headquarters, New York
9p E: The Capitol Report, presented by Terry Smith (himself never seen in The Newsroom, though his/her DC colleague Jane Barrow did appear in Season 1)
10p E: Right Now with Eliot Hirsch (ACN gutted the slot before spring 2010, as inferred in S1E1)

Obviously I'm a fan of The Newsroom XD :rofl:

Terry smith was mentioned as She in one episode

DF0AiCd.gif

#38 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

SEASON 3 to launch on 13th July that's all the info I have right now

DF0AiCd.gif

#39 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Can we keep fictional shows in off topic. I want this thread to be for shows like Last Week Tonight and Real Time

Edited by NZCNNFan, 25 May 2014 - 10:25 AM.

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#40 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

Last Week Tonight is an excellent show. It's Daily Show without the guests, but that's a good thing to me. John is really funny and puts an interesting spin on all the weeks news

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users