GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Posts regarding Al Jazeera America

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#2 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Reliable Sources had a guest say it would only be standard def. Thats not a good way to enter the US markets. 

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#3 Boaserpent

Boaserpent

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

i don't know if this pitch was picked, but it looks simple & neat.

443_980.jpgdf_980.jpgdfds_980.jpgere_980.jpgfdf_980.jpgTalk-Show-pages_980.jpgTalk-Show-pages2_980.jpgTalk-Show-pages3_980.jpgTalk-Show-pages5_980.jpgTalk-Show-pages434_980.jpg

Edited by Boaserpent, 30 July 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#4 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Here's what the set will look like, designed by (gasp) Clickspring:

Attached File  aja_studio.png   405.28KB   1 downloads

Edited by Charles, 02 August 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#5 StayConnected

StayConnected

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Their graphics are a combination of CNNi's 2006 package and Sky News.

No matter where news happens, CNN is there.

#6 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Their graphics are a combination of CNNi's 2006 package and Sky News.

Have you got screen caps or sources or on air look

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#7 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hello,

Today’s the big day! Many of you have been asking what you can expect from Al Jazeera America — and the team of our flagship show, “America Tonight,” and special correspondent Soledad O’Brien will be giving you a look behind the scenes during our Google+ Hangout On Air at 5pm ET/2pm PT today.

RSVP and view more details on our Google+ Hangout event page.

Soledad, “America Tonight” host Joie Chen, digital producer Azmat Khan and correspondent Christof Putzel will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss how they’re doing news differently. You’ll hear about the show’s mission to tell urgent, important and underreported stories with the quality, depth and time they deserve. And you’ll get a sneak peek into some of those upcoming stories.

You’ll also get to hear pitches from people around the country with important stories to share.  

Joining the Hangout is really simple. Just go to our Google+ event page at 5pm ET/2pm PT and look for the video at the top of the page. Our producers will be keeping an eye on Twitter the whole time, so be sure to tweet using #AJAMLive to send us your questions and comments.

—The Al Jazeera America Team

P.S. Check out our Web site and join the conversation by following @AJAM and @AmericaTonight on Twitter and liking us on Facebook.

via email list from Al Jazeera America

#8 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

I will never watch this network.

#9 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Based on what I have read lately and their funding source, I am concerned about bias and propaganda. That being said, CNN isn't exactly innocent when it comes to propaganda on behalf of their corporate masters.

In the end, I will give it a try and let the product speak for itself. I am more forgiving of bias when people are least honest about their agenda.

#10 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Why not?  

#11 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Why not?

From my understanding Al Jazeera and Al Jazeera America are under the same ownership and operation. From various things I've read online, Al Jazeera was invaded my the Egyptian military and members of their staff were arrested for supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, who as you probably know have ties with recently overturned Egyptian president Muhammed Morsi. Al Jazeera and it's partners are in fact Anti-American as it works with the Muslim Brotherhood and associated terrorists including Al Qaeda and Hamas. That being said, I want to refrain from sounded like an uneducated conservative dumb a** who gets their information from FOX News, which I most certainly do not, but with all of the information I've provided, I still feel Al Jazeera will never be a trusted source for news by Americans. I may turn it on to hear their take on things, in fact my friend (Adam May) is a correspondent for AJA but with the negative either direct or indirect association with terror groups, Americans will never tune in for everyday news.

#12 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

I've read the same thing Maryland, but what I don't get is that the same people criticizing Al Jazeera supporting the muslim brotherhood this time around were the same people singing the praises of the heroic Al Jazeera during the original Arab Spring. When I look at the people they are hiring for AJAM, they don't seem like terrorist propagandists to me.

#13 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

I almost feel insulted on behalf of the 8,000 people who died on 9/11 that people tied to those who perpetrated these attacks think they have the authority to tell us about what's happening in the world. That was my initial opinion and now I've got even more information to back it up

#14 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm sorry, but I just feel like this is escalating a little far. As far as I see it, Ali Velshi is a great guy, and I'd be more than happy to get my economic news. I don't expect him to be brainwashed into this Anti-American regime. 

What we aren't realizing is that the path we are hearing about involves the content being produced entirely in the US. If that's the case, I doubt that we'd get producer's running anti-american stories. I think that we should give it a chance as the change we've been barking about on this forum. Stereotyping every Al J employee based on the actions of others in the same reason people think everyone of muslim faith is a terrorist. 

Doesn't the FCC have to regulate the airwaves, meaning they have the option of not licensing Al J Am.

Now to play Devil's advocate - Being Anti-American and shouting death to america, IMO, are two different things. Because the US has a great thing about free speech, Al J can be the former and still be able to pay their opinion, but I don't think they will. I think they'll tone it down and really try to appeal to the US. 

And I would love to see this article where Al Jazeera was a part of 9/11. Because, without seeing your source, I find that a pretty far stretch. Now. I see you are very opinionated, and I'm just trying to understand it on a deeper level. 

#15 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

I can't believe what this site has turned into in just a matter of a few weeks...

#16 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

I can't believe what this site has turned into in just a matter of a few weeks...

I'm beginning to think it's the same person using several nicks and just trolling. Big time.

#17 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm saying Al Jazeera has ties with the Muslim brotherhood, which explains the military raid on Al Jazeera's Qatar bureau in June during the ousting of Morsi. Whether directly or indirectly, Al Jazeera has ties to terrorist groups since the Muslim brotherhood backs these terror groups including Al Qaeda and Hamas. Now I'm not one to judge someone by their religion, but the Muslim Brotherhood is an extremist group. And I am not saying David Shuster, Ali Velshi or Soledad O'Brien are incapable of providing news or are extremist, I'm saying the company they work for has connections with supporters of terroristic attacks on Americans and for the foreseeable future. Al Jazeera will have a bad reputation in the eyes of many Americans.

#18 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

I still don't think many americans know of Al J

#19 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Oh God. I'm glad I'm almost 100% out of here, and sad to see that, 10 years on, people still associate AJ with so-called terror groups. That's all from me.

Edited by HaBa, 05 August 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#20 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

Terrorists?  I certainly wasn't under that impression.  Anyway, here's an interesting article...

http://www.politico....44.html?ml=po_r

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users