57 replies to this topic

#21 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hey, I just started a thread for this site so that you lovers of sets, design, colors, etc. can post away your hours.  It's called Legal View -- sets, design, etc.  or something like that.  Enjoy!

And Kkev. Hate to disillusion you, but Ms. Banfield is not a blonde.  Not by a mile.  

#22 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

And Kkev. Hate to disillusion you, but Ms. Banfield is not a blonde.  Not by a mile.

He was referring to the stereotypical missing white woman who gets more media coverage than say, an African-American woman. HLN spends hours (when they don't have live trial coverage) talking about the pretty white woman from California who went missing, but the young Black or Hispanic woman from Virginia doesn't get any coverage. That's the point Kkev is raising, and he and I both hope CNN's "Legal View" never result to such coverage

#23 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

I've blocked Cnn-Maryland, but I'm sure she didn't put anything about sets, design, etc. on this b/c I made a separate thread for this stuff.  Right?  

#24 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

I've blocked Cnn-Maryland, but I'm sure she didn't put anything about sets, design, etc. on this b/c I made a separate thread for this stuff.  Right?

How can someone be so incompetent to hold a simple discussion on a site like this. The "it's my way or the highway" logic is so low. I didn't say anything rude or insulting, I just simply explained my perception of this site and they way threads work. Since no other shows have a "Sets, Designs, Boxes, etc." thread, I didn't think it was beneficial to make one for Legal View since until now, all posts regarding the aforementioned were simply posting in the thread for the show in which it was referencing. I'm rather insulted by your sarcastic posting on the Legal View thread that what I and others were posting was irrelevant because it wasn't posts about the aspect of this show you'd like to talk about. If you want to contribute information regarding content, etc. as I and others did, go ahead, your opinion is valued just as unique opinion are on cnnfan.org, but for you to imply that my postings need to be in a different thread when no one else's are on other show's sites is just mean. So go ahead and pretend you can't read this and say "I'm sure whatever you said was irrelevant" but you don't phase me and I'll continue posting as one of the most active members on this site.

#25 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

How can someone be so incompetent to hold a simple discussion on a site like this. The "it's my way or the highway" logic is so low. I didn't say anything rude or insulting, I just simply explained my perception of this site and they way threads work. Since no other shows have a "Sets, Designs, Boxes, etc." thread, I didn't think it was beneficial to make one for Legal View since until now, all posts regarding the aforementioned were simply posting in the thread for the show in which it was referencing. I'm rather insulted by your sarcastic posting on the Legal View thread that what I and others were posting was irrelevant because it wasn't posts about the aspect of this show you'd like to talk about. If you want to contribute information regarding content, etc. as I and others did, go ahead, your opinion is valued just as unique opinion are on cnnfan.org, but for you to imply that my postings need to be in a different thread when no one else's are on other show's sites is just mean. So go ahead and pretend you can't read this and say "I'm sure whatever you said was irrelevant" but you don't phase me and I'll continue posting as one of the most active members on this site.

Handbags away please ladies. I don't know why, as certain people have become more and more prolific posters on this site, the quality of discussion has significantly decreased!!

Anyway, I really like the new look and studio. Nice to see that they haven't just dumped Ashleigh in the old flash set. Does anyone have video caps?

#26 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

I've blocked Cnn-Maryland, but I'm sure she didn't put anything about sets, design, etc. on this b/c I made a separate thread for this stuff. Right?

Handbags away please ladies. I don't know why, as certain people have become more and more prolific posters on this site, the quality of discussion has significantly decreased!!

Anyway, I really like the new look and studio. Nice to see that they haven't just dumped Ashleigh in the old flash set. Does anyone have video caps?

I have two options I can work on. I can give you the whole show in a standard definition feed, or I can give you the intro few minutes recorded from an iPhone...maybe a bit more if I jig up a stand.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#27 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

I blocked CNN Maryland a while ago because I don't like her political views about the Mid-East where I live.  it upset me quite a bit.  That's all.   Has nothing to do with this topic Rather than being accusatory nor argumentative or defensive I opted out.  

I have no idea what she's been saying since then nor do I want to read anything by her.   Apparently I can't completely block her since Ia copy of her post is attached to one of the above posts.  I only skimmed it, so I don't know everything that she said.  And I'll answer here.  

We have separate threads for Graphics which discuss graphics that appear on the various shows. I have noticed that there are a lot(!) of posts about graphics & sets & colors & other such matters on the thread which bear the names of the shows.  I know many people here love to discuss these things, but I don't and really don't like to wade through them to find the nuggets I like.  (which are comments about content, anchors, reporters, etc.) .  So I made a separate thread for Legal View. -- Sets, etc.  You can have your discussions on the topic there. And I won't have to read them.  Seems to me to be a good compromise and surely not worthy of discussion.  I'll make other threads for the other shows whenever I happen to open a thread for the shows.   Or you can make your own.  Or you can make 1 thread encompassing all shows.  Or one thread for Domestic and another for International.  I really don't care how you do it.  

That is all.  Peace and love.  

#28 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

There is not going to be a separate thread for graphics. Bad precedent.

I have no interest in that stuff either, but a show's thread is a discussion for all aspects of a show, and that includes visual presentation as well as content etc.

We are all here to discuss all aspects that interest anyone. We're a big tent.

#29 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

How will her show handle big panels all in New York?

#30 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

There is not going to be a separate thread for graphics. Bad precedent.

I have no interest in that stuff either, but a show's thread is a discussion for all aspects of a show, and that includes visual presentation as well as content etc.

We are all here to discuss all aspects that interest anyone. We're a big tent. 

I'm confused  Haven't you noticed that we already have separate threads for graphics -- both domestic & international.  And now it's crept over into the show threads.  Posts upon posts upon posts and often they are argumentative and accusatory.  We can still be a big tent and keep separate things separate.  

And is this a group decision or something you decided yourself?  

#31 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

It's a moderator thing. They have the power.

#32 modlib

modlib

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

Is Ashleigh not in NY, or are you referring to the fact there is zero room at that table?  That being said, wasn't Ashleigh and Nancy Grace caught doing a side-by-side shot as if they were in two locations and they were really standing right next to each other?  LOL.  If she has more than one guest, they will line 'em up in the hallway with a camera crew and make it look like they are from all over the world!!

Btw, kk_kev, so true!  CNN is the heroic savior of all kidnapped white girls!!  As for the rest, that's what MSNBC is for, right?  Fox only cares if the girl was a persecuted christian.  I guess this is part of CNN's "human interest" strategy.

#33 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Is Ashleigh not in NY, or are you referring to the fact there is zero room at that table?  That being said, wasn't Ashleigh and Nancy Grace caught doing a side-by-side shot as if they were in two locations and they were really standing right next to each other?  LOL.  If she has more than one guest, they will line 'em up in the hallway with a camera crew and make it look like they are from all over the world!!

Btw, kk_kev, so true!  CNN is the heroic savior of all kidnapped white girls!!  As for the rest, that's what MSNBC is for, right?  Fox only cares if the girl was a persecuted christian.  I guess this is part of CNN's "human interest" strategy.

I'm referring to the fact that the studio, while it's rather nice, is, nevertheless, a flash set with an actual camera operator or a robocam but it's still rather tight. Guarantee we'll never see the bottom of that desk or a full shot. When she stood up in front of the desk (Which, I admire the change of pace) It still felt rather cramped. And it isn't cramped. Because there is an entire newsroom area behind her. It'd be interesting to see how they handle more than two in-studio guests, or are they not planning for that...

I'm borderline getting off topic, but when we look at any Atlanta studio the desk is usually in good distance from the wall, where as New York seems to be more cramped...that's why Ashleigh just seems to be tight in a corner. Shame they can't pull the desk forward. But I love seeing REAL windows on a set...it's been so long

(For the sake of order, anything RED should be responded to here, as that's the appropriate place...)

#34 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Carolina Argentina, on 12 Aug 2013 - 9:03 PM, said:
I'm confused Haven't you noticed that we already have separate threads for graphics -- both domestic & international. And now it's crept over into the show threads. Posts upon posts upon posts and often they are argumentative and accusatory. We can still be a big tent and keep separate things separate.

And is this a group decision or something you decided yourself?

Yes, there are separate threads for graphics and are usually general comments across the board.
However, graphics, sets, music and all the little details that go into a specific show have also always been discussed in each show's thread. Particularly when a "new" show starts or an old one gets a makeover. Believe me, after six+ years of reading every post I have a pretty good handle on content. If each and every show had a separate thread for graphics or music or whatever this board would become totally bogged down.

The question was brought up about the separate thread, and I take full responsibility for the decision.

#35 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

Fin.jpg

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#36 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Fin.jpg

Updated graphics already??

#37 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Fin.jpg

Updated graphics already??

:|

#38 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

No, it's French and it means The End.  

#39 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Handbags away please ladies.

Alexcs, Handbags?  Handbags? (squawk, squawk) Isn't that a little sexist Alex?  (hahaha)

#40 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

No, it's French and it means The End.

I do hope you realize I was joking.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic